What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No team has ever won the premiership after conceding 50pts in a regular season match

siv

First Grade
2005 went the closest in breaking the hoodoo with only one team not having 50 put on them

While Manly in 2008 tested their luck by losing by 50 in the trials before going on to win the GF in style

2005 went the closest in breaking the hoodoo with only one team not having 50 put on them

While Manly in 2008 tested their luck by losing by 50 in the trials before going on to win the GF in style

Cows went close to 50 in round 6 that year. Donkeys also had us 40-6 down with around 20 to go (the week before our charge to the title started, and pretty much right before their slump began). 2005 will always be a crazy year though, 16-8 won you the minor premiership and 8-16 wasn’t enough to avoid the spoon. There were no teams who were outstanding the whole year and alternatively no teams were garbage the whole year.

Cows went close to 50 in round 6 that year. Donkeys also had us 40-6 down with around 20 to go (the week before our charge to the title started, and pretty much right before their slump began). 2005 will always be a crazy year though, 16-8 won you the minor premiership and 8-16 wasn’t enough to avoid the spoon. There were no teams who were outstanding the whole year and alternatively no teams were garbage the whole year.
Lots of thrashings; no one seemed to mind in those days, largely because you could be the thrashee one week, and then the thrasher the next!!

Valheru

Coach
Roosters we’re 40 minutes away from breaking the hoodoo in 2010. The bulldogs put 60 on us early in the season and we lucked our way into the GF, actually leading at halftime.
Add to that we conceded 48 in 2002

In 2001 Newcastle conceded 49 points and conceded 40+ on 4 other occasions!

As much as I hate to say it I reckon souths have a good chance of defying the hoodoo this year. They have surpassed Penrith IMO and I reckon the last person Bellamy wants to see on GF day is Bennett

Add to that we conceded 48 in 2002

In 2001 Newcastle conceded 49 points and conceded 40+ on 4 other occasions!

As much as I hate to say it I reckon souths have a good chance of defying the hoodoo this year. They have surpassed Penrith IMO and I reckon the last person Bellamy wants to see on GF day is Bennett
Souths have been in second most of the year. You can just sense they’re keeping their powder dry. Storm have them covered but injuries could be a factor again.

SDM

First Grade
C'mon Manly, finish us off and send us into the group that can't win with Souffs.

Latest posts