What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

noddy on nrl on fox

Since 73

First Grade
The plot thickens.
Bk's comments about the interchange are a direct reference to one guy - the coach.
Also...
Raper - in today's paper - commenting on BK's forced lay-off through injury:
"It's a blow...but Noddy's not as dominant as he was in the past".

Is this a tiff that is going to be played out in the media, or are we reading too much into it. If it's the latter, let me read a bit more into it.
Is Bk really injured, or is this a way out for being dropped. Hence the reports of being out for 2 -3 weeks and other reports which say he'll be out for 6 weeks.

b_shark

Juniors
Sharkie73 said:
Very interesting that Raper didn't get a mention, and Lam did, and Noddy just hung some S##t on Raper and his interchange system. I'd have to say that all is not well at Shark Park.

ya think:roll: - things haven't been right at Shark Park for a very long time

Frenzy.

Immortal
Since 73 said:
The plot thickens.
Bk's comments about the interchange are a direct reference to one guy - the coach.
Also...
Raper - in today's paper - commenting on BK's forced lay-off through injury:
"It's a blow...but Noddy's not as dominant as he was in the past".

Is this a tiff that is going to be played out in the media, or are we reading too much into it. If it's the latter, let me read a bit more into it.
Is Bk really injured, or is this a way out for being dropped. Hence the reports of being out for 2 -3 weeks and other reports which say he'll be out for 6 weeks.

It's a tiff alright.

Won't be played out in the paper.

Noddy not enjoying the pressure of being both coach and player.

They get NOTHING from Raper.

NOTHING

When will you all start believing The Dark Side. tsk tsk tsk :lol:

DJDL

Bench
When it comes to issues of Raper, I definitely pledge my allegiance to the dark side.

Frailty

First Grade
I have to agree with Kimmorley's comments, our interchange is f**king terrible, and I do believe Adrian Lam would be a great coach.

THe last two coaches have had proven 'track' records, but I would like the club to make a gamble for once, and a coach to make a gamble on some selections.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Good coaches atm are not having set interchange. Raper does.
the good teams are playing their players as long as possible & having freshies at certain points of the game. Like the end.

Sharkie™

Juniors
im all for lam taking over the head coach...but some forummers dont seem to think the same because they dont consider him to have done much TISK TISK TISK....

Since 73

First Grade
I'll bite, what has he done?

Played for Papua New Guinea. Played for Queensland. Has he ever coached?

The blokes getting the most success in the NRL at the moment are blokes who have coached in the NRL for a long period of time. Lang, Murray and Sheens.

It won't happen, but if we were looking for a coach tomorrow, we aren't desperate. We don't have to grab the first bloke we see.
This club would be seen as a plum job by a lot of blokes.
Personally, I'd go for Harold Holt. Is he due back at any time soon, turn the porchlight on.

One thing I've noticed about all us Sharks supporters over the years, we always see a new coach as a panacea for all our woes.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
We need to get blokes who pump footy through their veins.
That comment by Miller has won me.
I watch every game, every week. I love my Rugby league.
Brilliant player will be a brilliant coach. Just needs to go through as an assistant for the while to get up to speed on the harder aspects of coaching. Injury logistics, salary cap, slections, junior development.
That said, Royce simmons is a special & has good friends to call on for advice.
Then you have Dean Pay or perhaps a Dymock?
Footy minds. All great footy minds.

chili pepper

Bench
Shark said:
Ben Ross is the #1 Front Rower and has been our best prop;

Albert is the fastest bloke in the comp (But Noddy, he needs to touch the ball for that to matter!);

He didn't think he was gonna get picked for Origin anyway;

His hammy injury is not the reason his long kicking game is off (but he didn't tell us what IS the reason);

Big raps on Williams and Hutch;

Loves Thommo, but was 'a bit worried he'd bring some trouble with him after the Dragons stuff';

Seemed to rap Adrian Lam...This I didn't mind;

He's bought some new clubs to help him get thru the next month.

Langy, on the other hand...Was all about helping blokes reach potential, how he goes about naming a side, really down to Earth stuff.

Wasn't the other way around?

chili pepper

Bench
fizman said:
ABSOLUTELY! Quite frankly it was a clubbing. To admit that "we are all flat at the same time" and "our interchanges have been wrong" says alot.

And I also noticed to "positive energy" that Lam has brought to the club, that didn't go unoticed.

There was alot more revealed in that interview than I thought there would be quite frankly.

I LOVED that sharks shirt they have for this year, they were very nice threads and secondly, Cleveland Gold Clubs????? You have to be kidding me!

Haven't tried them but they are one of the hottest brands on the market apparantley

DJDL

Bench
Since 73 said:
I'll bite, what has he done?

Played for Papua New Guinea. Played for Queensland. Has he ever coached?

The blokes getting the most success in the NRL at the moment are blokes who have coached in the NRL for a long period of time. Lang, Murray and Sheens.

Ricky Stuart? Michael Hagan?
Both premiership winning coaches in the last 5 years.

pogo

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
We need to get blokes who pump footy through their veins.
That comment by Miller has won me.
I watch every game, every week. I love my Rugby league.
Brilliant player will be a brilliant coach.
like wayne pearce, like johnny raper... like arthur beetson ..... :roll:

gavin miller may be an exception however he will never coach at cronulla under the current board, they couldnt handle chris anderson and he 's a poodle compared to gavin.

royce simmons.... you must be joking , ask the penrith players that revolted and were responsible for him getting the shaft.
then what happened? ......oh yeah they won the comp!

give the labrador another easter egg.

Thomo.

First Grade
pogo said:
royce simmons.... you must be joking , ask the penrith players that revolted and were responsible for him getting the shaft.
then what happened? ......oh yeah they won the comp!

good point. could have seen that coming

Royce was widely credited by John Lang as doing a lot of the ground work that led to Penrith winning the comp.

And everyone at the Tigers values his work.

I thought Royce was a joke at Penrith too, but 03 to 05 vindicated him.

Wrong again bongo.

Latest posts