What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

noddy on nrl on fox

pogo

Juniors
as i said shire nark ask the panthers players........

those responsible for the demise of royce simmons!

Since 73

First Grade
Originally Posted by Since 73
I'll bite, what has he done?

Played for Papua New Guinea. Played for Queensland. Has he ever coached?

The blokes getting the most success in the NRL at the moment are blokes who have coached in the NRL for a long period of time. Lang, Murray and Sheens.

DJDL:
Ricky Stuart? Michael Hagan?
Both premiership winning coaches in the last 5 years.

They didn't run those teams actually.
Fittler and Johns did.
Rorters hardly won when Fittler was out and missed the 8 the year he left.
The knights don't win when Johns is out and won the spoon when he missed a season.

I'm not saying they can't coach, but they were extremely lucky in their initial year of coaching due to those 2 players.
Lam would not come into our side with the same luxury.
Nor did Raper.
The years that we have gone closest was when we had elite players who were in the top 5 or 6 in the game week in and week out.
Sludge, ET and Miller.
And guys on the fringe who were playing the best footy of their careers. McGaw, Peachey, etc.

At the moment we have nobody playing the best footy of their career nor any elite players.
As a coach we need a communicator who can draw the team together as a unit and have every player playing to thier potential each week.
This is Graham Murray's strength. Ex school teacher, as Alan Fitzgibbon, Roy Masters, Brian Smith etc. These guys do well because they know how to manage players.
That is the key word. Manage.
Whether it's a team or the workplace, how you treat your staff/players is one of the biggest factors in how they perform.

Sheens, Lang, Bennett, Murray have learnt this over years.
Raper is struggling with this. Discontment in the camp is cancer.

I know I've gone the long way around this, but in reference to someone suggesting Lam would come in and save the Sharks...well, I say think again.

The Sharks are damn hard work. They come with a lot of baggage.

SadShark

Bench
A big broom needs to go through the whole joint. I don't think David Copperfield could magically make a premiership appear before our eyes.

Cursed, doomed, dying club.

Well the club isn't dying you sad sack

The team is just struggling on the field and it looks like that's the way things will stay for a while

DJDL

Bench
Yep, well said 73.
I agree Ricky and Hages had it easy. It would be nice to walk into a club in that sort of shape.

Aside from Ben Ross, I don't really see anyone at the moment fitting into the "elite player" or "career best form" categories either.
Not that I think he is in either of those, but he is close and only seems to be getting better.

Macca

Coach
I see our directors as the State Labor Govt. They are in power at the moment and the club is going down the toilet just like the state. Eventually the Libs will get back in and sort their mess out.

bazza6462

Juniors
Since 73 said:
Bk really injured, or is this a way out for being dropped. Hence the reports of being out for 2 -3 weeks and other reports which say he'll be out for 6 weeks.

How can u write crap like this

bazza6462

Juniors
Macca said:
I see our directors as the State Labor Govt. They are in power at the moment and the club is going down the toilet just like the state. Eventually the Libs will get back in and sort their mess out.

you should know better than to mix sports and politics

besides isnt our treasurer our #2 badge holder, hardly a labour man

Macca said:

nice hobby horse macca... but would you mind terribly riding it in the appropriate forum ?

Since 73

First Grade
[
Originally Posted by Since 73
Bk really injured, or is this a way out for being dropped. Hence the reports of being out for 2 -3 weeks and other reports which say he'll be out for 6 weeks.

bazza6462:
How can u write crap like this

baz, I don't know what makes you so stupid - but it really works.

I’ve got no problem with you having a go at my post, but at least offer an opinion. Are you suggesting its rubbish to say players don’t feign injury to disguise being dropped?
Well, you obviously don’t know the meaning of the word sham.
But then you wouldn't know the meaning of most words.

And thanks for your fine example of competent literacy. You are obviously a sharp thinker, a good speller, an exponent of quality punctuation and none of the above.

SadShark

Bench
King of the HillWell the club isn't dying you sad sack

The team is just struggling on the field and it looks like that's the way things will stay for a while

I know, I know old sausage!:D But I do so like to vent my many, many, many years of frustration and it would appear that unless something in the form of a miracle happens, the old club ain't gunna be too healthy.

Too much failure being rewarded for too many at the club.:?

Macca

Coach
spirit of league said:
nice hobby horse macca... but would you mind terribly riding it in the appropriate forum ?

It's a conparison to the Sharks. This is an appropriate forum.

Macca said:

A poor analogy, Macca, in my opinion.

When pressed the Libs had no plan. Debnam really has no idea, no plan.
The State Libs are vacuous ning nongs.

We need to source our replacement of the Shark's admin with a much broader range of candidates than the two party preferred system.

Latest posts