What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noise

After this weeks "Long Thread Title" expose. I'm going for the shortest.

The NOISE at the SFS last night was fantastic, there was real atmosphere there. It was way better than whatever Shark Park has thrown up in recent times.
Everyone there was there to actually watch the footy and be involved. Too many times it is just dead silent at Woolooware, and a lot of no-one actually caring but just there for the social aspect.

I know I'm in the minority here but I honestly think it's time to use the SFS as a home ground,at least for the big games. If the Leagues Club ever gets built then run buses out of there to Moore Park.

The new SFS is the best ground I've ever watched footy out of,
oh except for the f$%king flame throwers blocking views!! Which idiot set that up, my mate is writing in a complaint on that.
Flame on!

jc155776

Coach
I use to love coming down from qld to shark park for a million pre and post game beers at the leagues club. Was as pro never leave Shark Park there was. But since they shut it down I haven’t travelled down once. Maybe once they fix up the whole game day situation with a decent leagues club I’ll jump back on the never leave bandwagon. What is it from SFS to Miranda? 30 min train? Seems like an easy commute, plenty here in Brisbane travel much further for Suncorp games.

Redcliffe Stadium to me feels so much like the old Shark park, really love seeing a game there.

Weaponhead

Coach
It will have to happen at some point as Shark Park is miles away from being NRL standard. The cost of upgrading significantly is way too much for the club and government money has all gone to Penrith.

Craigshark

First Grade
It will have to happen at some point as Shark Park is miles away from being NRL standard. The cost of upgrading significantly is way too much for the club and government money has all gone to Penrith.

can the club sell the land to the council, and then use that money to go in with the council to build a multi purpose stadium somewhere else in the shire? Even pay rent if required..

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Never been to the SFS in any form for a match. I was out of town for last nights game but I think we are at Olympic Park next weekend for the Pennies game. Shame, I’ll have to wait a bit longer to make my maiden trip to Moore Park.

I use to love coming down from qld to shark park for a million pre and post game beers at the leagues club. Was as pro never leave Shark Park there was. But since they shut it down I haven’t travelled down once. Maybe once they fix up the whole game day situation with a decent leagues club I’ll jump back on the never leave bandwagon. What is it from SFS to Miranda? 30 min train? Seems like an easy commute, plenty here in Brisbane travel much further for Suncorp games.

Redcliffe Stadium to me feels so much like the old Shark park, really love seeing a game there.
I grew up in the Miranda but supported Easts and regularly travelled to the SFS and Sports Ground before that. It was never a big deal to go there and with the light rail between Central and stadium, its now even easier. I find the Light Rail too crowded after the game but walking is easy since it’s down hill and with plenty of pubs along the way.

It was great to hear noise at last night’s game as too often, Shark Park on tele at least, feels like Amco Cup atmosphere. I think Sharks should definitely investigate playing marquee games at Alliance, the extra revenue wouldn’t hurt.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I grew up in the Miranda but supported Easts and regularly travelled to the SFS and Sports Ground before that. It was never a big deal to go there and with the light rail between Central and stadium, its now even easier. I find the Light Rail too crowded after the game but walking is easy since it’s down hill and with plenty of pubs along the way.

It was great to hear noise at last night’s game as too often, Shark Park on tele at least, feels like Amco Cup atmosphere. I think Sharks should definitely investigate playing marquee games at Alliance, the extra revenue wouldn’t hurt.
HEY!!

Don't diss the Amco Cup BFO. We won one. Our proudest day before 2016!

shadowboxer

First Grade
Well if you’re in the minority BBB - I’m right there with you.
Fantastic night out and leaves Woolooware for dead on all fronts. Alas, the club will be happy to take the games elsewhere like Coffs when you’ve got that option in your backyard
It was so good, when they were playing John Denver Country Road, I was wishing I had some Rocky Mountain High.

azzah72

Bench
It's just a shame that not enough fans turned up. There's always talk about how manly fans dont travel etc but Sharks fans, unfortunately, are just as bad.

Most of my social feeds were people just watching it at home or at a pub in The shire.