What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nokia Mobile Troubles

raider_ktj

Juniors
At a party one night, my phone got dropped and fell everywhere. I drop it all the time, except this time, the next morning I woke up and there is a picture of headphones underneath the operator logo.

I didn't think anything of it until people tried calling me, i'd answer and suddenly I cant hear anything, and neither can the people who are trying to contact me. I can only hear if I have my phone on loudspeaker.

I've gone through the phone settings, have changed profiles, volumes, etc but it hasnt changed.

Does anyone know if the little headphone picture on the screen has anything to do with me not being able to hear on my phone? Or is it something completly unrelated? Anyone know how to fix it?

Cheers

Eelementary

Post Whore
If it's anything like mine, the headphone thing means that it is on the radio function.

There is a place in Parramatta (I can't remember the name) that fixes phones for very good prices.

raider_ktj

Juniors
Hmmm I never thought about the radio, but no that wasnt it. The radio doesn't turn on without the headset in anyways.
And thanks for suggesting the store in Parramatta, but thats a fair way to travel up from Canberra :(
Thanks for your help though!!!

mr_sharks

Juniors
I had this problem too - basically it needs to be fixed by a pro.
Damn annoying receiving calls without any volume

Eelementary

Post Whore
Yeah...From Canberra to Parra is a fair trek! lol

It's probably a problem with the speaker - it's now set itself to hands-free speaker, but the speaker is stuffed or something...

I don't know. But it does need to be fixed, and I reckon it can be fixed.

raider_ktj

Juniors
Thanks guys! I was realy hoping that I would be able to fix it myself, but I guess I wont be able to. Oh well it'l have to stay broken for a while because all my money is going towards 18ths, xmas and of course...New Years. Any suggestions towards a new phone price range $250-$500???

mr_sharks

Juniors
DON'T purchase phones off EBAY - I work for the mobile industry and stolen phones always get sold online. It doesn't matter if they in a box and sealed. If nokia or any phone manufacturer has phones stolen they report the IMEI numbers and then the phone is blocked.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hardly Nokia's fault. Not bagging you out Katie - just the dickheads who think it's Nokia's fault that you dropped your phone a few times. Something has most likely shifted inside. I would stick with Nokia - I went with Motorola for six months not long ago and was screwed over badly by a shocking v600 phone and now I'm back with Nokia, never looking back. ;-) JMO

sixtynine

Juniors
mr_sharks said:
DON'T purchase phones off EBAY - I work for the mobile industry and stolen phones always get sold online. It doesn't matter if they in a box and sealed. If nokia or any phone manufacturer has phones stolen they report the IMEI numbers and then the phone is blocked.

sh*t!

sixtynine

Juniors
dodge said:
Hardly Nokia's fault. Not bagging you out Katie - just the dickheads who think it's Nokia's fault that you dropped your phone a few times. Something has most likely shifted inside. I would stick with Nokia - I went with Motorola for six months not long ago and was screwed over badly by a shocking v600 phone and now I'm back with Nokia, never looking back. ;-) JMO

i have a nokia now 6230 prety good phone but my next phone wont be a nokia i dont think.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I bought a brand new Nokia 6101 from Vodafone a few months back (one of the first ones sold in NSW) for $500.

It's good - hands-free speaker, WAP-enabled, large-ish screen and an OK-sized memory.

The only issue is that a lot of the software is not compatible with it.

raider_ktj

Juniors
Yeh I like Nokia's, ive always had them and until now, havent had a problem with them! I think il buy a new one soon. Thanks for the help/advice guys :D
Dodge, thats scary... you know my name!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
raider_ktj said:
Yeh I like Nokia's, ive always had them and until now, havent had a problem with them! I think il buy a new one soon. Thanks for the help/advice guys :D
Dodge, thats scary... you know my name!

Katie.... anyone who knows phonetics, works in the tourism industry and in booking centres, can tell these things.

I could wager a guess that your surname or middle name starts with a J too ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
dodge said:
Katie.... anyone who knows phonetics, works in the tourism industry and in booking centres, can tell these things.

I could wager a guess that your surname or middle name starts with a J too ;-)

Don't play games now mate...

You're gifted, and you know it!

Latest posts