What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nominations thread.

this is my first post. I am so angry about a flyer I received yesterday about a ticket called unity which had Damien Keogh as a presidential nomination and also other inaccurate information about voting. It made me so angry that this blatant propaganda was so wrong and these people want to be voted in on the back of saying they are better businessmen than the current board.

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
this is my first post. I am so angry about a flyer I received yesterday about a ticket called unity which had Damien Keogh as a presidential nomination and also other inaccurate information about voting. It made me so angry that this blatant propaganda was so wrong and these people want to be voted in on the back of saying they are better businessmen than the current board.

Hello again, Peter!

Feej

First Grade
So, let me get this right? I can vote if I'm a leagues club member *or* a football club member?

Panda Power 78

Juniors
So lets back ground these guys

Peter Cobb Good bloke. Had mates in high school
Greg McAleer?
David Boldeman??
Peter O'Driscoll??
Mark McGaw Ex Sharkie great & local junior product. Ran his onw businesses. Broke his hand on Meningas face.
Dane Sorenson legendary Sharks Prop. not really a businessman
Glenn Coleman Ex Sharkies Winger. Good player. Appeared in Tooheys commercials. Hasnt looked after himself.
Craig Douglas current director
Greg Holland current director
Phil Tiernan
Peter Kerr current director allegedly responisble for hiring off the labor & ASADA stooges at the club.
Matthew Hartley
Damian Irvine Ex Chairman Needs 12 months away at least.
Glenn Gorick??
Mark Goodwin??
Dino Mezzatesta?? General Manager Hotel Integration at Accor Asia Pacific?? Same one?
Damian Keogh Ex Basketballer CEO of Val Morgan
Darren McConnell DE LA SALLE BOARD MEMBER!!!
John Dunphy Founder of Shimano
Paul O'Neile
Paul McCarthy
Kevin Dwyer
Andrew Boldeman
Craig Airey

Glenn Coleman to be unopposed as chairman
So lets back ground these guys[/QUOTE]

Craig Airey & Craig Borg played lower grades in the '80's , same era as Hypo Coleman , Sparkles , Docko & Sorenson.
Dane Sorenson is a very successful businessman , he has run his own building company for decades.

newman

First Grade
The two Boldemans were agitators in the CSSC a couple of years ago. Real arrogant know it alls.

taipan

Referee
Unity ticket will do me,the place has to be run uba professionally.
The club rocked when Gow was at the helm.He is behind the said ticket. I bow to his better judgement,except snipping merged jumpers.
Unless we get George Capsis:sarcasm:

Feej

First Grade
I bow to his better judgement,except snipping merged jumpers.
Unless we get George Capsis:sarcasm:
In hindsight, I didn't mind the snipping. :)

And was sitting near ole' Capsis last week and even though he shit me to tears with all the development crap he went on with, you can't question his support for the football team. (I still can't stand him though)

Jimbo

Immortal
So lets back ground these guys

Glenn Gorick??

Former professional triathete, now Sergeant at Sutherland LAC, part-time sparkie and Captain of Cronulla Triathlon Club

Ran for the Liberals in Ward D in the Council elections, missed out by about 50 votes or so

Great bloke, and very well connected

taipan

Referee
You know when Gow was there he pretty much saved the club with his own loans. By the time he left, he was considered a dictator & had made quite a few enemies within.

I knew he was ruthless at times and got a few offside. But being nice and bending over to suit others ,does not work .I dont want to revisit the past,my ticker couldn't handle it.:x

Employersare there to grow the business and ensure longterm viability.Popularity contests are not part of the deal.

He will not be on the board,but was a smart businessman.He noted at one of the development meetings,the plans were the most professional he had seen for the place.That is kudoes to DI and the team.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I knew he was ruthless at times and got a few offside. But being nice and bending over to suit others ,does not work .I dont want to revisit the past,my ticker couldn't handle it.:x

Employersare there to grow the business and ensure longterm viability.Popularity contests are not part of the deal.

He will not be on the board,but was a smart businessman.He noted at one of the development meetings,the plans were the most professional he had seen for the place.That is kudoes to DI and the team.

I think you missed the point.

carinashark

First Grade
I dont want Catholics running the Sharks! Tony Abbott will get his toe in and that will be the end of us.

Megalodon

Juniors
Former professional triathete, now Sergeant at Sutherland LAC, part-time sparkie and Captain of Cronulla Triathlon Club

Ran for the Liberals in Ward D in the Council elections, missed out by about 50 votes or so

Great bloke, and very well connected

... and also almost 100% improbable to get approval from NSW Police to be on the Board of a Club that runs a licenced premises and a medium-large gaming lounge.

Perceived conflict of interest would be huge.

I agree, quality human but a waste of a vote in my opinion.

Oh... and no way to any of the De La stooges - that'll send us backwards by ten years.

taipan

Referee
Professional enough to spell their names right on their paraphernalia?

If an odd spelling stuff up is the criteria in running a business,then Sky News,and Foxsports for a start, should have gone out the backdoor ages ago.

Latest posts