What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nominations thread.

taipan

Referee
I dont want Catholics running the Sharks! Tony Abbott will get his toe in and that will be the end of us.

I'm not a Catholic, however would rather Tony get his foot in the door than Big Red Sonja,who can stuff a country and her own party .

spider

Coach
... and also almost 100% improbable to get approval from NSW Police to be on the Board of a Club that runs a licenced premises and a medium-large gaming lounge

Slightly off the mark there.

Average decline of $1m to $2m per annum in revenue for the last couple of years now

Far from large, medium in size, small in revenue.

Megalodon

Juniors
Slightly off the mark there.

Average decline of $1m to $2m per annum in revenue for the last couple of years now

Far from large, medium in size, small in revenue.

Ok then...

... and also almost 100% improbable to get approval from NSW Police to be on the Board of a Club that runs a licenced premises and a gaming lounge

That better for you?

The point still remains that he is almost completely unlikely to receive any NSW Police approval to sit on the Board of a licensed premises or a gaming facility.

Waste of a vote.

Megalodon

Juniors
From a licensing perspective it would be a handy acquisition for the club.

Rubbish.

Even IF by some bizarre miracle, NSW Police would grant him approval to sit on the Board of the Cronulla Sharks, any discussion of licensing or gaming interests of the Club at Board level would require him to announce that he has a direct conflict of interest on the matter and absent himself from further discussion and abstain from casting a vote.

As I said before, complete waste of a vote given that much of the core business of the organisation is alcohol service and gaming.

spider

Coach
You certainly are driving an agenda against someone by your admission won't get approval to run.

And he can participate in board discussion on licensing and gaming discussion. Do you think Paul Walker had to declare conflict of interest with every club NRL discussion.

Obviously he must be a dope to nominate prior to approval from his governing body.

You shouldnt lose any sleep then..

In a previous occupation, I sat as a director on board / committee of a licenced club and they certainly had gaming machines.

Maybe times have changed but you were encouraged to be part of the community.

Megalodon

Juniors
You certainly are driving an agenda against someone by your admission won't get approval to run.

And he can participate in board discussion on licensing and gaming discussion. Do you think Paul Walker had to declare conflict of interest with every club NRL discussion.

Obviously he must be a dope to nominate prior to approval from his governing body.

You shouldnt lose any sleep then..

So let's just see what the department itself has to say about it...

7. An employee of the NSW Police Force must take reasonable steps to avoid conflicts of interest, report those that cannot be avoided and co-operate in their management.

The NSW Police Force must effectively manage conflicts of interest. This ensures we provide the community with fair and impartial services, maintain public confidence, prevent corruption and manage allegations of misconduct.

You are responsible for identifying and avoiding conflicts of interest that relate to your employment with the NSW Police Force . These conflicts may be actual, perceived or potential.

You must report in writing any conflict of interest that cannot be avoided and co-operate in managing it appropriately.

All conflicts of interest will be managed in favour of the public interest.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/87993/SPC_Conduct_2008_INTRANET_230608.pdf

spider

Coach
Where is the conflict of interest provided nothing is contravening any laws. a proactive approach on a board serves the community, especially considering the profession.

By your inference to conflict of interest, Paul Walker should not have been on the board.

Megalodon

Juniors
Where is the conflict of interest provided nothing is contravening any laws. a proactive approach on a board serves the community, especially considering the profession.

By your inference to conflict of interest, Paul Walker should not have been on the board.

Gosh, your comprehension skills are poor:

These conflicts may be actual, perceived or potential.

Jimbo

Immortal

There isn't one

None that can't be easily managed according to that very standard conflicts policy anyway...

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I think the NSW Police Secondary Employment Policy will be more of an issue for Gorrick. The police may see working on a board, irrespective of whether renumeration is given or not, as secondary employment and may not approve it.

We have a similar stupid policy in the Ministry of Health.

Just speculating

Jimbo

Immortal
I think the NSW Police Secondary Employment Policy will be more of an issue for Gorrick. The police may see working on a board, irrespective of whether renumeration is given or not, as secondary employment and may not approve it.

We have a similar stupid policy in the Ministry of Health.

Just speculating

If that was a problem they wouldn't let him be a sparkie...

Stuff

Juniors
If an odd spelling stuff up is the criteria in running a business,then Sky News,and Foxsports for a start, should have gone out the backdoor ages ago.

Fair point. I may have been overly picky, though it's their first contact, as a unit, with the general sharks fans. You would surely attempt to get things right? Do they not know each other very well? Is it a group of names thrown together haphazardly without knowing if they can work together for a common goal? Valid questions arising from what may have been an honest mistake.
Personalities/egos can really get in the way of progress if there is a serious clash somewhere. If A. Boldeman has an ego half the size of his brother he'll be a handful. Come to think of it why isn't D. Boldeman on the same ticket as A. Boldeman?

taipan

Referee
Fair point. I may have been overly picky, though it's their first contact, as a unit, with the general sharks fans. You would surely attempt to get things right? Do they not know each other very well? Is it a group of names thrown together haphazardly without knowing if they can work together for a common goal? Valid questions arising from what may have been an honest mistake.
Personalities/egos can really get in the way of progress if there is a serious clash somewhere. If A. Boldeman has an ego half the size of his brother he'll be a handful. Come to think of it why isn't D. Boldeman on the same ticket as A. Boldeman?

Look ,I don't particularly care if Luigi the Unbelievable puts himself and his ticket up for election.All I want to see,is the club survive and grow,if any ticket is professional enough and capable enough to do it,then IMO they won me.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Look ,I don't particularly care if Luigi the Unbelievable puts himself and his ticket up for election.All I want to see,is the club survive and grow,if any ticket is professional enough and capable enough to do it,then IMO they won me.
What if a few of them are DE LA or CC or Shire junior league? Capable Wolf in sheeps clothing?