What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

lingard

Coach
I'm sure I know her side of the story and I haven't even heard it. You can tell a lot about a person by their significant others, and in her case this includes Josh Reynolds as well as possibly a bunch of dudes willing to hang shit on her in the media. Meanwhile I would happily give any of my exes as character references.

To be fair, there aren't many of them.

That might have more to do with your selection of partners than about you as a person. (My inference being that poor old Josh probably hasn't been all that astute when it comes to selecting girlfriends. he seems like a pretty good bloke to me, though. Purely an unsubstantiated personal observation of a bloke I've never met, though.)

Bazal

Post Whore
But the court of public opinion initially heard her side of the story - and now it is hearing his. That's two sides. What's wrong with that?

Who knows, but apparently suggesting they're both clearly f**kwits upsets some for some reason

Gronk

Staff member
But the court of public opinion initially heard her side of the story - and now it is hearing his. That's two sides. What's wrong with that?
I’m not a fan of cases being played out in the media. There are too many genuine victims who are made out to be crack pots and liars by evil manipulators. This is the case in small DV cases all the way up to the George Pell trial.

Noise

Coach
Ugh, I’m only up in arms about the case being flashed about in the media before the trial. Remember? If I posted the Weedler video, I would have thought an ironic “not her go” would have been appropriately funny.
MEDIA]
But you weren't up in arms about the video of Reynolds being released before the trial?

Noise

Coach
Now you’re mind reading.
Every post of yours on the topic has been how unfair it is that the female has had stuff brought up in the media. Not one about how unfair it was when Josh had the same thing happen. In fact the only time you posted about joshs video was the snide remark...oh I mean a joke about the incident. Your position is clear.

Gronk

Staff member
Every post of yours on the topic has been how unfair it is that the female has had stuff brought up in the media. Not one about how unfair it was when Josh had the same thing happen. In fact the only time you posted about joshs video was the snide remark...oh I mean a joke about the incident. Your position is clear.

Nope. On the contrary you are defending yourself as you have already stated that you think that she’s a nutter. You are playing judge n jury before you’ve heard all the facts. This is what I am against.

It’s interesting how the news reports have emerged about her being a sneaky con artist who is only after rich guys cash. Oh no - gasp !

You tell me why the fact that she is very well known around the traps as being a trophy piece of arse has been left out. You tell me why Weedler omitted the fact that she is the alleged girl in the Hawthorn photo that caused so much agitation? I’ll tell you: because this is an orchestrated smear on her and if the public got wind that she is well known as a girl who plays the rich boy field, then court of public opinion would sway towards him just being a dumb footy player which too much cash, boxing way above his weight.

Who knows, but beyond all of this the single most important thing here is that he can’t raise his hand to her. That is the premise of the case. All the rest is fodder for the tabloids.

upload_2020-2-8_17-36-19.jpeg

upload_2020-2-8_17-36-35.jpeg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-partner-dragged-Richmond-scandal-before.html

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That might have more to do with your selection of partners than about you as a person.
Well I tend more to think that your choices are who you are. I've been with some pretty awful women but I would never have moved in with them.
(My inference being that poor old Josh probably hasn't been all that astute when it comes to selecting girlfriends. he seems like a pretty good bloke to me, though. Purely an unsubstantiated personal observation of a bloke I've never met, though.)
I reckon his mates would love him, and I've known plenty of scumbags who were the world's best bloke in the eyes of their mates. I was in the army with a few guys who you would absolutely want in the trenches with you, but you wouldn't let them in the house with your wife and kids there. I expect there would be more than a few of these types playing professional rugby league.

Gronk

Staff member
Well I tend more to think that your choices are who you are. I've been with some pretty awful women but I would never have moved in with them.

I reckon his mates would love him, and I've known plenty of scumbags who were the world's best bloke in the eyes of their mates. I was in the army with a few guys who you would absolutely want in the trenches with you, but you wouldn't let them in the house with your wife and kids there. I expect there would be more than a few of these types playing professional rugby league.

Because the real good footy players are risk takers. Something, something prefrontal cortex.

Bazal

Post Whore
Because the real good footy players are risk takers. Something, something prefrontal cortex.

Or it's because...

upload_2020-2-8_17-36-19-jpeg.35938

Gronk

Staff member
But you just couldnt keep silent when she was looking like the nutter instead of him looking like the nutter?
When the first video was posted, I filed it into the yet-another-NRL-bozo-gets-a-video-posted part of my brain and really didn't think much about the background of the case, who released the video, the charges. I reckon all I thought at the time was Lol@tigers. I gave it as much thought as I did the Tyrone May thing or indeed the De Belin thing.

It wasn't until it went prime time and dominated the talking points for days that I became interested. It was then that I could see what his legal team were doing.

Remember also that this is the same legal team that contend ^^^^ that the bruises on her arms were from medication she was taking.

strider

Post Whore
It was prime time when he was looking like the sole nutter too .... You just didnt give a shit

But for some reason you think she is worth defending when she is the prime time nutter ... Surely you would have to admit she has a colourful history