What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Gronk

Staff member
It's either a place-holder or a loaner. An engagement ring should absolutely be returned if the wedding never happens. Strangely I don't feel the same about wedding rings. After the divorce it's a memento, though I don't see why anyone would want to keep it. I sold mine for peanuts at a jewellery hock shop in Melbourne.

But a broken engagement - there's no we-tried-our-best in that. Give the ring back and walk away.
You’re looking at the issue through the disclosed lens of someone who has been through a relationship breakdown.

I personally think that there is way more too it. Surely there are milestones and situational attribution that needs to be taken into account ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You’re looking at the issue through the disclosed lens of someone who has been through a relationship breakdown.
People who have been through relationship breakdowns are the only ones qualified to talk about engagement ring handback schemes. Although if it's specifically about broken engagements I've never been there either.
I personally think that there is way more too it. Surely there are milestones and situational attribution that needs to be taken into account ?
If the engagement was a de facto marriage for a couple of useless merkins who were never going to get around to it then I suppose.

lingard

Coach
Still not sure how her past with Ryan or indeed a fake pregnancy or being deceptive by extracting cash from men has got anything to do with Josh Reynolds allegedly assaulting her. She might be an absolute merkin, but that does not mean that a man can raise his hand to this woman. If he did, then he is dumb. He should of walked away. The court will want facts and if they prove credible and sufficient to convict, then they will. There is no part of law that says that if a man hooks up with top shelf muff and if said top shelf muff fleeces him that he is entitled to hit or even roughly handle her. Just as much that there is no law that says that you can road rage f**kwits on the road or headbut Tony Abbott on a Hobart street.

Well, it increases the likelihood that she made it up, doesn't it?
Also, the thing I find funny is that she could abuse Reynolds emotionally and mentally by leading him to believe he was going to be a father (dunno about you, but I reckon that's pretty big stuff - whether he wanted a child or not); she could be f**king other blokes whilst in a relationship with him; she could con him out of money; she could lead him to being so desperate to be rid of her that he would actually approach the NRL integrity commission for advice - but he lays a finger on her, and he's an arsehole. I just think that is so f**king funny I really can't stop laughing! If he had done all those things to her and she turned round and hit into him, and then he had her charged with assault, where would the sympathies lie?
And I ask that because, Gronk, you actually are part of the court of public opinion, whether you like it or not. You are posting your opinions on an internet forum. How much more public can you be?

Gronk

Staff member
Well, it increases the likelihood that she made it up, doesn't it?
Also, the thing I find funny is that she could abuse Reynolds emotionally and mentally by leading him to believe he was going to be a father (dunno about you, but I reckon that's pretty big stuff - whether he wanted a child or not); she could be f**king other blokes whilst in a relationship with him; she could con him out of money; she could lead him to being so desperate to be rid of her that he would actually approach the NRL integrity commission for advice - but he lays a finger on her, and he's an arsehole. I just think that is so f**king funny I really can't stop laughing! If he had done all those things to her and she turned round and hit into him, and then he had her charged with assault, where would the sympathies lie?
And I ask that because, Gronk, you actually are part of the court of public opinion, whether you like it or not. You are posting your opinions on an internet forum. How much more public can you be?

Sorry to disappoint mate, I’m not going to join the lynch mob.

If you want my opinion, it’s that if Ryan is only down 2k, that’s a pretty good return on his investment. :upside_down:

upload_2020-2-9_19-24-46.jpeg

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's okay, Gronk.. Looks like you're already part of a lynch mob. The politically correct one.
Well mate, if you knew her gender you'd know she's the victim here. Plus she has an ethnic name, so she ticks a couple of intersectional boxes. Nobody named Josh Reynolds could be innocent in this dispute unless he was a trans man.

Gronk

Staff member
That's okay, Gronk.. Looks like you're already part of a lynch mob. The politically correct one.

Not sure why me not agreeing with you should put you on tilt. I'm not condoning anyone's behavior. All I am an doing is keeping an open mind about outcomes. Why does that upset you ?

84 Baby

Referee
It's either a place-holder or a loaner. An engagement ring should absolutely be returned if the wedding never happens. Strangely I don't feel the same about wedding rings. After the divorce it's a memento, though I don't see why anyone would want to keep it. I sold mine for peanuts at a jewellery hock shop in Melbourne.

But a broken engagement - there's no we-tried-our-best in that. Give the ring back and walk away.
The rule is if she gave you her ring, she doesn’t have to return the engagement ring

Gronk

Staff member
Well mate, if you knew her gender you'd know she's the victim here. Plus she has an ethnic name, so she ticks a couple of intersectional boxes. Nobody named Josh Reynolds could be innocent in this dispute unless he was a trans man.

You're gas lighting so much she's about to blow !

giphy.gif

84 Baby

Referee
That seems fair and appropriate.

A ring for a ring, just like the Bible says
It gets messy in the courts if:
  • She never provided her ring, yet refuses to return the engagement ring, or
  • She gave her ring, yet the other party is still requesting return of the engagement ring I.e. they would then need to provide her with their ring

Bazal

Post Whore
It gets messy in the courts if:
  • She never provided her ring, yet refuses to return the engagement ring, or
  • She gave her ring, yet the other party is still requesting return of the engagement ring I.e. they would then need to provide her with their ring

I presume there is also a reasonable complication when she has given her ring, but he has also had a ring full of pegs

84 Baby

Referee
I presume there is also a reasonable complication when she has given her ring, but he has also had a ring full of pegs
Would seem to me that would come down to who initiated the provision of the pegs. The initiator would give up all rights to the engagement ring

What about if you give her an engagement ring, and pay for the hire of a tiger to appear at the wedding ceremony, and pay for a honeymoon cruise, then your fiance calls the engagement off, tells you that it's too late to get the cruise fare refunded, but actually takes the tickets and has a cruise with her boss who she's secretly been bonking for years. Can ask for the ring back then? And the fee for the hire of the tiger? This happened to my brother.

Bazal

Post Whore
What about if you give her an engagement ring, and pay for the hire of a tiger to appear at the wedding ceremony, and pay for a honeymoon cruise, then your fiance calls the engagement off, tells you that it's too late to get the cruise fare refunded, but actually takes the tickets and has a cruise with her boss who she's secretly been bonking for years. Can ask for the ring back then? And the fee for the hire of the tiger? This happened to my brother.

Well to whom did she give her ring!?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not sure why me not agreeing with you should put you on tilt. I'm not condoning anyone's behavior. All I am an doing is keeping an open mind about outcomes. Why does that upset you ?

playing the man, rather than the content?