What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Anyone listening to MMM RL today?
I haven't heard the whole show, but what I have heard, they haven't once mentioned the Tristan Sailor story.
Brent Read was just on talking all the latest news, and he didn't mention it either.
This is as big a story today as the Jennings one.
I suppose because Wendell works at the station that they are treading very carefully. Wendell's had a bit of a tough time lately, with his mother dying and him having to spend two weeks in QLD quarantine just to attend her funeral.
Yes and yes. Was thinking the same. :thinking:

Gronk

Staff member
Absolutely nothing on MMM. Sailor has been charged and remanded in custody.
2GB are reporting it extensively.
I was mowing the lawns and heard Sailor Snr on the Dead Set Legends. Crickets.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...n/news-story/bb857355f08f5b61ebf0ca6501324493

Detectives from St George Police Area Command and the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad commenced an investigation under Strike Force Rouget.

“Following extensive inquiries, strike force detectives executed a search warrant at a home at Wollongong about 7.40am today (Saturday 10 October 2020), where they seized a number of items relevant to the investigation.

“A 22-year-old man was arrested at the home and taken to Wollongong Police Station, where he was charged with aggravated sex assault – inflict actual bodily harm on victim.

“Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted the woman, during which she sustained injuries, at a home in Sydney’s south last Saturday (3 October 2020).

Suitman

Post Whore
I was mowing the lawns and heard Sailor Snr on the Dead Set Legends. Crickets.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...n/news-story/bb857355f08f5b61ebf0ca6501324493

Detectives from St George Police Area Command and the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad commenced an investigation under Strike Force Rouget.

“Following extensive inquiries, strike force detectives executed a search warrant at a home at Wollongong about 7.40am today (Saturday 10 October 2020), where they seized a number of items relevant to the investigation.

“A 22-year-old man was arrested at the home and taken to Wollongong Police Station, where he was charged with aggravated sex assault – inflict actual bodily harm on victim.

“Police will allege in court that the man sexually assaulted the woman, during which she sustained injuries, at a home in Sydney’s south last Saturday (3 October 2020).

It will be interesting to listen to MMM tomorrow.
I believe Wendell was rostered on to be part of the commentary team tonight.

Gronk

Staff member
It will be interesting to listen to MMM tomorrow.
I believe Wendell was rostered on to be part of the commentary team tonight.
Well I was working in the garden all day and had 2mmm on. They said nothing until I think the 3 or 4 pm news said that he got bail. However the NRL show was on for 3/4 hours and they avoided it. :shrug:

Suitman

Post Whore
Well I was working in the garden all day and had 2mmm on. They said nothing until I think the 3 or 4 pm news said that he got bail. However the NRL show was on for 3/4 hours and they avoided it. :shrug:

I listened to the whole show between 1-4 pm. No mention until, as you say, the 4 pm news bulletin, and that was only brief.
They have clearly made an editorial decision to protect one of their colleagues, which I completely understand. All power to them for doing that for the sake of the mental health of those involved.

As usual, it was a great show and covered all aspects of the weekend with intelligent and considered conversation, with a bit of humour thrown in which was indeed funny. Anthony Maroon is an excellent host and a good football pundit. Paul Kent, Hooper and Tallis are excellent with their dissection of games and general commentary.

When it was finished, I put the Continuous Call Team on, just to continue my football fix. I turned it off after 5 minutes. Seriously, for grown adults, this lot is just embarrassing. I know that's not new news, but fair dinkum, this is radio at its lowest ebb. Think Thursday Night Footy Show on Channel 9 but 5 x times worse. It is remarkably childish.

Kornstar

Coach
I listened to the whole show between 1-4 pm. No mention until, as you say, the 4 pm news bulletin, and that was only brief.
They have clearly made an editorial decision to protect one of their colleagues, which I completely understand. All power to them for doing that for the sake of the mental health of those involved.

As usual, it was a great show and covered all aspects of the weekend with intelligent and considered conversation, with a bit of humour thrown in which was indeed funny. Anthony Maroon is an excellent host and a good football pundit. Paul Kent, Hooper and Tallis are excellent with their dissection of games and general commentary.

When it was finished, I put the Continuous Call Team on, just to continue my football fix. I turned it off after 5 minutes. Seriously, for grown adults, this lot is just embarrassing. I know that's not new news, but fair dinkum, this is radio at its lowest ebb. Think Thursday Night Footy Show on Channel 9 but 5 x times worse. It is remarkably childish.

But but but, ladies love it cause it is not just about league and that means husbands can listen........

I listen occasionally until i remember that i don't have to and can listen to something else........

Noise

Coach
I watched it. So is anything going to come from this or was the 60 minutes interview the last resort? I wouldn’t have thought he’d be talking about it on 60 minutes if the police were going to press charges.

Gronk

Staff member

TBH I was a bit miffed when they interviewed Cook and spoke about that penalty and missed goal - but never spoke about the penalty being a professional foul in the red zone which is regularly deemed a yellow card.

Noise

Coach
TBH I was a bit miffed when they interviewed Cook and spoke about that penalty and missed goal - but never spoke about the penalty being a professional foul in the red zone which is regularly deemed a yellow card.
Isn't a yellow card a warning (in soccer)? You mean 10 in the bin right?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought it could argued that he thought Paulo wasn't held.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It wasn't a giveaway that he was hunched over with one foot on the ball ?
If he wasn't held that would've been a knock on. Either way, Cook could argue that Paulo didn't have the right to play the ball because he wasn't held. At least in his mind. Professional foul requires intent.

Gronk

Staff member
If he wasn't held that would've been a knock on. Either way, Cook could argue that Paulo didn't have the right to play the ball because he wasn't held. At least in his mind. Professional foul requires intent.
Contrarian Monday ?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If Paulo had “promoted” the ball over the try line with that tackle, it would have been double movement, the hand with the ball touched the ground while the Souths player still had contacted with him......

Paulo had every right to get a quick player the ball. Cook was very lucky