What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Gotta love the news. Of course they show him at Eels training. 95% of fans wouldn’t even know he was at the club

TheParraboy

Staff member
Dear oh dear...

https://www.perthnow.com.au/enterta...with-young-female-club-staffer-ng-b881757164z

NRL star Mitchell Pearce’s wedding CANNED amid sexting scandal with young female club staffer

December 28, 2020 7:15PM

1609143370340_G823338FQ.2-1.jpg

Mitchell Pearce and Kristin Scott at the NRL’s Dally M awards. Credit: Instagram
NRL superstar Mitchell Pearce has called off his lavish Byron Bay wedding just days out from the big event, reportedly after he was caught sexting a Newcastle Knights female employee.

In news that has rocked the NRL community, Pearce won’t wed his partner Kristin Scott as scheduled on Tuesday.

According to Newscorp, the 150 guests, including top NRL players and WAGs, were informed the wedding was off just last week.

There’s reports Pearce, son of NRL legend Wayne and a NRL premiership winner, told his Knights teammates he had been caught sending inappropriate messages to a young woman involved at his club.

Newscorp reports both Pearce’s fiancé and the woman involved’s boyfriend have seen the messages.

In a statement, Pearce described the wedding cancellation as a “private matter” and admitted it was a “stressful time”.

Pearce told the Daily Telegraph the wedding was “postponed” and said he was “filthy about people spreading rumours”.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Can’t believe Widdop couldn’t pick up a contract at the $300k mark (if media reports are true). Quality half, leadership and plenty of experience. Hell, I reckon we could have benefited from him at the Eels and moved Drown to centre. This looks pretty bloody good to me.

1. Gutho
2. Fergo
3. Blake
4. Drown
5. Sivo/Dunster
6. Widdop
7. Moses

strider

Post Whore
Can’t believe Widdop couldn’t pick up a contract at the $300k mark (if media reports are true). Quality half, leadership and plenty of experience. Hell, I reckon we could have benefited from him at the Eels and moved Drown to centre. This looks pretty bloody good to me.

1. Gutho
2. Fergo
3. Blake
4. Drown
5. Sivo/Dunster
6. Widdop
7. Moses
would Drown want to move to centre? .... what if it might make him want to go elsewhere?

Widdop was a complete failure at St George when they put another dominant half with him - he was only good when he was the only dude - I would have doubts he and Moses would work well

Gronk

Staff member
would Drown want to move to centre? .... what if it might make him want to go elsewhere?

Widdop was a complete failure at St George when they put another dominant half with him - he was only good when he was the only dude - I would have doubts he and Moses would work well

He’s got a bung shoulder too. IIRC even after two ops it keeps popping out ?

Happy MEel

First Grade

He probably wouldn’t but I don’t think he has earnt the right yet to demand which position he plays. He has been a mid tier half (mostly based on his defence) as far as I’m concerned and I’m not convinced he has the attacking game to be a top level half. Widdop is only 31 and has another few years in him I reckon.

I also don’t agree with your assessment of Widdop and dominant halves. In 2018 he was 6th for try assists and 12th for LBAs across the NRL, with Hunt as his halves partner who had joined the Dragons on an enormous deal. You would think that kind of money would be offered for him to be the dominant half.

84 Baby

Referee
All Widdop has ever done is get injured and play in Drags April premiers teams

Realistically for any finals expectant team, and I include us as one, he’d be a 30th June signing to sure up experience in depth to be injury cover for finals

strider

Post Whore
He probably wouldn’t but I don’t think he has earnt the right yet to demand which position he plays. He has been a mid tier half (mostly based on his defence) as far as I’m concerned and I’m not convinced he has the attacking game to be a top level half. Widdop is only 31 and has another few years in him I reckon.

I also don’t agree with your assessment of Widdop and dominant halves. In 2018 he was 6th for try assists and 12th for LBAs across the NRL, with Hunt as his halves partner who had joined the Dragons on an enormous deal. You would think that kind of money would be offered for him to be the dominant half.
I don't think Hunt plays like a "dominant" half - he is a good player, but ridiculously over paid - he doesn't demand the ball

widdop failed with every other half that tried to play a dominant role - which is exactly what Moses does .... right now I think Drown is a good partner for Moses (as long as Moses gets his finger out) .... if it were a replace moses with a healthy widdop thing then yeah I'd be on board, but I think chemistry might be a concern with moses & widdop

Happy MEel

First Grade
I don't think Hunt plays like a "dominant" half - he is a good player, but ridiculously over paid - he doesn't demand the ball

widdop failed with every other half that tried to play a dominant role - which is exactly what Moses does .... right now I think Drown is a good partner for Moses (as long as Moses gets his finger out) .... if it were a replace moses with a healthy widdop thing then yeah I'd be on board, but I think chemistry might be a concern with moses & widdop
It’s certainly not a sure thing but it could work imo. I also think Drown needs to pull his finger out if he is going to play in the halves.

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Widdop would be a welcome edition to youre squad. Be a much better option than Mitch Poser. Except for the injury factor, Moses is a cat that’s why the little merkin is never injured

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That was approximately 3 reconstructions ago and I think they’ve proven since then he wasn’t a vital part
I suspect we've spent the 'vital parts' component of our salary cap. Even spending Jennings' money won't pull in a player of that calibre.