What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Gronk

Staff member
What does intimidation of a police officer look like ? Standing over a copper and threatening to smash him/her ? To kill him/her ?

Career enhancer right there. :rolling_eyes:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Courier Mail reports the 21-year-old Blues Origin forward was taken into custody by police in Tweed Heads following the alleged incident.

“About 10pm Saturday 16th January, officers from Tweed-Byron Police District arrested a 21-year-old man on Coral Street at Tweed Heads after the man allegedly became abusive towards police,” a statement from NSW Police read.

“He was taken to Tweed Heads Police Station and charged with offensive language and intimidate police.

“He is due to appear at Tweed Heads Local Court on Tuesday the 2nd of February.”

Nine News reporter Mark Gottlieb tweeted: “Another Origin star arrested on the Gold Coast. NSW and Broncos forward Payne Haas arrested after a physical altercation at Tweed Heads last night.

“The Broncos had a training session at Burleigh Beach yesterday and some players spent the night on the town.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/b...l/news-story/8166bffee39147aa92615ffb36757a79

this idiot thinks Tweed Heads is in Queensland, quality reporting from Newscorp

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
t61957472_s400.jpg

strider

Post Whore
Just saw latrell mitchel on 9 news .... i deadset think i am trimmer than him .... so that means he is f**kin fat as!!

strider

Post Whore
So what about this Boyd Cordner thing?

NRL may give them 350k salary cap exemption because he got a head knock in Origin (ie in a rep game). Rules recently made this a valid thing when injured in rep games.
Cordner would sit out first 12 rounds.

I get the salary cap exemption for injured rep players - thats ok.
But i would say that Cordner had a pre-existing issue which is resulting in him sitting out 12 rounds. One head knock in origin didnt cause this outcome.

I think its manipulating the rules a bit in this case .... an aging player who could probably benefit from only playing half a season and be fresh come finals time. Get 350k to spend on another decent quality player seems a bit much.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...f-for-cordner-concussion-20210201-p56ykg.html

NRL set to grant Roosters $350,000 cap relief after Cordner concussion

Incorrect

Coach

NRL may give them 350k salary cap exemption because he got a head knock in Origin (ie in a rep game). Rules recently made this a valid thing when injured in rep games.

But i would say that Cordner had a pre-existing issue which is resulting in him sitting out 12 rounds. One head knock in origin didnt cause this outcome.

I think its manipulating the rules a bit in this case .... an aging player who could probably benefit from only playing half a season and be fresh come finals time. Get 350k to spend on another decent quality player seems a bit much.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...f-for-cordner-concussion-20210201-p56ykg.html

You're inferring the Roosters may be manipulating the rules?

How dare you? A pox on your house and anyone else's that even has sympathy for such a view.... Brute....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

it happened during rep game (SOO) so its legit, NRL made up the rules so the Chooks are taking advantage and its up the the NRL to approve or otherwise

there is a thread in the NRL forum if you want a laugh

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/...-350k-salary-cap-relief.482851/#post-14523515

Latest posts