What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Another for the WTF backflip files....

The problem was he was tying their leaving, in reality or perceptibly, to their perception of public opinion of Ryan James. This perception was way off and public opinion was against their decision obviously. So it’s either a weak backflip where you look more stupid than James did, or stay strong to your message and because public opinion is you’ve made a public gaffe, force you to step down.

Suitman

Post Whore
The problem was he was tying their leaving, in reality or perceptibly, to their perception of public opinion of Ryan James. This perception was way off and public opinion was against their decision obviously. So it’s either a weak backflip where you look more stupid than James did, or stay strong to your message and because public opinion is you’ve made a public gaffe, force you to step down.

I'm guessing the back flip also has a lot to do with the backlash from the local building industry stating that they would boycott this company due to the decision. It clearly was going to have a massive effect on their bottom line.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's hard for businesses to know which decision makes them look more woke these days.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When I say woke I obviously mean 'reasonable and kind'.

Does Ryan James deserve to be treated reasonably and kindly? It's really hard to tell until there's a backlash.

84 Baby

Referee
It's hard for businesses to know which decision makes them look more woke these days.

Does Ryan James deserve to be treated reasonably and kindly? It's really hard to tell until there's a backlash.
My problem is they used him as a really poor scapegoat
Whereas:
They could have just said the Tits are embarrassing and offensive and no one would’ve batted an eyelid
It would’ve been far more woke to me

Happy MEel

First Grade

Well considering TFH made news on Wednesday about withdrawing their sponsorship, a full 3 days after the GF on Sunday when it was clear there was no public backlash towards James, it certainly appears they weren’t “woke”.

Bazal

Post Whore
Well considering TFH made news on Wednesday about withdrawing their sponsorship, a full 3 days after the GF on Sunday when it was clear there was no public backlash towards James, it certainly appears they weren’t “woke”.

Maybe they woke with a killer hangover?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just because there was no public backlash doesn't mean it wasn't an opportunity to virtue signal while conveniently breaking ties with a poor sponsorship investment.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its not who I am , lol

yes it is, cant take it back pal, you said it and its out there

TheParraboy

Staff member
How’s former rooster and bronco Martin Kennedy? Busted by ASADA for 3 years in 2016 so moves into the exotic animal smuggling business - lizards, turtles and alligators. He wasn’t even good at it. A stack of them died in transit, and he got caught. 4 years jail.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...led-for-animal-smuggling-20191018-p53230.html

Owned a snake ranch well before he retired

Makes you wonder the type of clientele requesting these exotic animals and the type of quid he was offered to do it, don't think he would have done if for the ranch as he seems to know whats legal and illegal reading this article. Or maybe just a fetish of his?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/69dcd37b80f179080c734202049a75da

LONG before he picked up a football, Marty Kennedy was handling some far more lively freight.
"The first memory I have is when I was five and I caught a brown snake on our farm," the Roosters prop recalls.

"I brought it back home and kept it in a fish tank for over a week.

"Then my dad found out and he gave me the serve of all serves."

But the venomous dressing-down didn't deter Kennedy, whose childhood fascination with the much-maligned reptiles has evolved into ownership of Australia's biggest snake breeding program.

When he's not putting the bite on opposition forwards, Kennedy devotes himself to nurturing thousands of native pythons at the Snake Ranch, at Ourimbah on the Central Coast.

He and a business partner purchased the unrivalled collection last year from John Weigel, owner of the Australian Reptile Park.

They now breed snakes for first-time owners and enthusiasts alike, with the scaly menagerie fuelled by thousands of rodents and their own home-made snake sausages.

"I'm up there every day off, but we've also got five staff employed," Kennedy said. "We breed the snakes for colour and temperament. We also do designer stuff for the request of different people, who are really passionate collectors.

'We pretty well cover every species in Australia, but it's not legal to have snakes from overseas. It's the biggest collection of snakes in Australia and we'd go through more rodents per week than Taronga Zoo and the Reptile Park combined."

Kennedy's vast knowledge about the different species and their specific breeding needs has been self-harnessed.

And that's not surprising, given pure instinct has seen him handle some of the world's most venomous creatures with bare hands that haven't suffered a single bite.

Raised on farms in northern NSW and Queensland, Kennedy even sought-out snakes under logs and debris.

"When I picked up that brown snake as a kid, I knew exactly what it was because I went looking for it," he said.

"The only thing I can think of is that I was completely obsessed with Steve Irwin.

"It just clicked when I was young and I've loved snakes ever since."

Attachments

• 449.gif
    449.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 1

Gronk

Staff member
Val Holmes has given up his dream of playing in the NFL and will suit up back in rugby league for the Cowboys in 2020.

Reports emerged in News Corp papers overnight that Holmes is poised to meet with Cowboys coach Paul Green in New York tonight.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that Holmes has already agreed in principle to join the Cowboys on a contract worth around $1 million.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/valent...l-return/01715dcb-e514-4869-b40a-b457f044cd76

Eelogical

Referee
Val Holmes has given up his dream of playing in the NFL and will suit up back in rugby league for the Cowboys in 2020.

Reports emerged in News Corp papers overnight that Holmes is poised to meet with Cowboys coach Paul Green in New York tonight.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that Holmes has already agreed in principle to join the Cowboys on a contract worth around $1 million.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/valent...l-return/01715dcb-e514-4869-b40a-b457f044cd76
Lol@cowboys.