What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Incorrect

Coach
Anyone got some advice on the best way to get rid of indian myna birds?? f**kers are shitting all over our outdoor furniture and what not under the pergola. We had a few blokes come out to give us a quote to get some blinds/shutter type things that we could pull down when we're not out there but they cost a small fortune. One of the dudes said, "why dont you just poison the birds and save your money" ... Which got me thinking.... Anyone else dealt with these merkin birds successfully???

Bazal

Post Whore
Anyone got some advice on the best way to get rid of indian myna birds?? f**kers are shitting all over our outdoor furniture and what not under the pergola. We had a few blokes come out to give us a quote to get some blinds/shutter type things that we could pull down when we're not out there but they cost a small fortune. One of the dudes said, "why dont you just poison the birds and save your money" ... Which got me thinking.... Anyone else dealt with these merkin birds successfully???

Air rifle.

*this advice is not meant for actual use

Gronk

Staff member
Air rifle.

*this advice is not meant for actual use
They are illegal immigrants like pigeons.

images

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We dealt with a few at our place, but I felt like it was a myna victory.

Your council might have traps for them, many do. Mynah birds love dried dog food for little dogs, especially when it's soaked in ratsak water. Be careful though because so do magpies and magpies are great birds. I'd hate to give advice that killed a magpie. Ring the council about a trap.

Bazal

Post Whore
Your council might have traps for them, many do. Mynah birds love dried dog food for little dogs, especially when it's soaked in ratsak water. Be careful though because so do magpies and magpies are great birds. I'd hate to give advice that killed a magpie. Ring the council about a trap.

Yeah I'd steer clear of poison as above. Lots of birds aren't picky.

Unless you're good with a blow-gun

strider

Post Whore
They are illegal immigrants like pigeons.

images
Buy a statue of a hawk/eagle/owl .... scares the little f**kers away ... although they might learn its just a statue

Are they sitting on the furniture or something above it? ... if a beam above then put spikes on it

Incorrect

Coach
Buy a statue of a hawk/eagle/owl .... scares the little f**kers away ... although they might learn its just a statue

Are they sitting on the furniture or something above it? ... if a beam above then put spikes on it
Have tried the fake owl/hawk statues but they realise shortly after that its not real and pooping service resumes. They are standing directly on the table and the furniture so spikes arent an option in this particular scenario

The f**kers seem to have scared off all other birds from our back yard so I'm not worried about poisoning any other species if I go down that path... Just want these 2 dirty merkins eliminated and then that'll be the end of it...

Have tried the fake owl/hawk statues but they realise shortly after that its not real and pooping service resumes. They are standing directly on the table and the furniture so spikes arent an option in this particular scenario

The f**kers seem to have scared off all other birds from our back yard so I'm not worried about poisoning any other species if I go down that path... Just want these 2 dirty merkins eliminated and then that'll be the end of it...
If you do poison them, try and do it so you can watch through the window and shoo away any innocent birds if they come near. Soak a few tablespoons of ratsak in 3/4 cup of water. get the dried dod/catfood and soak it in it. server your dinner guests and enjoy. soak it overnight. make sure no kiddies of beloved pets can get to it FFS.

Mrs Macs is the go for shitty pies that are actually good....school tuckshop, road trip, or in the f**k off hours of the morning after 37 vodkas, they do the trick.
If it's a roadtrip from Sydney to up north, there's a little patisserie at Norah Head that makes excellent pies. If you don't want to get off the freeway, you have Heatherbrae Pies and they sell them at the twin Shells at Sutton Forest as well. That's about 1/2 way between Canberra and Sydney.