What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Bazal

Post Whore
I signed up with Kayo.

How good is picture in picture or this split screen shit ?

I’ll be watching the NRL and keep an eye on the ALeague and Rugby at the same time. :sunglasses:

I've been considering pissing off Fox and getting Kayo/Netflix...not that we don't utilise Fox, cos we definitely do, but for like 2/5ths the price I could get 80% of what we use it for anyway. And would need a new TV, but given mine is almost ten years old I think anyway that's probably likely soon regardless...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I've been considering pissing off Fox and getting Kayo/Netflix...not that we don't utilise Fox, cos we definitely do, but for like 2/5ths the price I could get 80% of what we use it for anyway. And would need a new TV, but given mine is almost ten years old I think anyway that's probably likely soon regardless...

Got a USB connection in the TV? If so, google chromecast is only $50 or so to set up steaming

Bazal

Post Whore
Got a USB connection in the TV? If so, google chromecast is only $50 or so to set up steaming

I can connect ChromeCast, but the issue for me is can I really be bothered spending $50 if the TV ups and dies within the next twelve months and I get a Smart TV anyway? It's already showing signs.

Then I've got a redundant ChromeCast and added $50 to the cost of the TV, theoretically.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I can connect ChromeCast, but the issue for me is can I really be bothered spending $50 if the TV ups and dies within the next twelve months and I get a Smart TV anyway? It's already showing signs.

Then I've got a redundant ChromeCast and added $50 to the cost of the TV, theoretically.

you are much better off using the Chromecast over the smart TV aps, so many advantages

I've had 2 smart TVs and the aps are shit (just bought the new 52" Dave Warner), the TV software is not as good as the drivers in a device like a tablet or phone, also you dont have a keyboard on your TV, buying a Chromecast wont be a waste of money

Noise

Coach
you are much better off using the Chromecast over the smart TV aps, so many advantages

I've had 2 smart TVs and the aps are shit (just bought the new 52" Dave Warner), the TV software is not as good as the drivers in a device like a tablet or phone, also you dont have a keyboard on your TV, buying a Chromecast wont be a waste of money

Agreed. The LG smart tv apps are shit too

Gronk

Staff member
Even arrogant arseholes can change their tune . Raaaaaay found his compassion towards his son anyway. Let’s see if he can maintain that focused empathy towards the unemployed, Indigenous, LGBTI, others suffering from mental illness etc..

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/12/12...ine-charges-dropped-on-mental-illness-grounds

Hadley said his son had been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, stemming from his time as a police officer.

"Daniel was very good at hiding," Hadley said.

"We had no idea he was battling with these issues and had been battling, according to his GP, for quite some time.

"I'm not here with sage advice for parents and grandparents to say 'keep an eye on your sons and daughters, your husbands and wives or the coppers'.

"But what I'm saying is, as a community, we have to respond better than we have."

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Even arrogant arseholes can change their tune . Raaaaaay found his compassion towards his son anyway. Let’s see if he can maintain that focused empathy towards the unemployed, Indigenous, LGBTI, others suffering from mental illness etc..

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/12/12...ine-charges-dropped-on-mental-illness-grounds

Hadley said his son had been suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, stemming from his time as a police officer.

"Daniel was very good at hiding," Hadley said.

"We had no idea he was battling with these issues and had been battling, according to his GP, for quite some time.

"I'm not here with sage advice for parents and grandparents to say 'keep an eye on your sons and daughters, your husbands and wives or the coppers'.

"But what I'm saying is, as a community, we have to respond better than we have."
I doubt Ray is particularly observant when it comes to anyone other than himself.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
48045809_2241802242518566_7946635017470345216_o.jpg