What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Dibs

Bench
This happened to you and you only sort of agree? I would be plotting the death of these little merkins, and i don't care what the do gooders say, i mean it!

It starts with parenting, what kind of parents allow this attitude in their children? I know some kids are just evil but for the most part the lack of parenting leads to this disrespecting behaviour! They are the same kids who grow up to spew that shit on FB and twitter etc. at anyone they like as they never have to face any repercussions.

I will tell you now if my girl ever does any of this shit 1) i will feel like i failed as a parent and 2) her life will be a living hell and i can guarantee it would be the one and only incident.........
Don't get me wrong I wanted to rip the little bastards into pieces. I'm just saying my agreeance may not be as rational as a nuetrel person. For e.g. I am not an advocate of the death penalty. Yet if someone murdered a loved one of mine then I would want them dead. That's not rational thinking

Kornstar

Coach
Don't get me wrong I wanted to rip the little bastards into pieces. I'm just saying my agreeance may not be as rational as a nuetrel person. For e.g. I am not an advocate of the death penalty. Yet if someone murdered a loved one of mine then I would want them dead. That's not rational thinking

Where there is no doubt (like the animal that killed Jill Meagher) there absolutely needs to be the death penalty. Preferably the family and friends should get the chance to pull the trigger, push the button, whatever. Otherwise by the state. There is no reason for him to be alive.

Same as Ivan Milat, why is he still alive? And the many others.

People will always say that because it has happened to you then you should have no say because it is too close, yet with the way we handle it how has that worked out for us?

We have these so called educated people making decisions based on the person/people who commit a crimes feelings. Poor them, imagine how they will feel having to live with their actions. We better mollycoddle them in case we hurt their fragile feelings........you would think they were the victims with the way these people carry on.

We are f**ked as a society because we let people get away with way too much because we don't want to hurt anyones feelings with the truth.

Dibs

Bench
Where there is no doubt (like the animal that killed Jill Meagher) there absolutely needs to be the death penalty. Preferably the family and friends should get the chance to pull the trigger, push the button, whatever. Otherwise by the state. There is no reason for him to be alive.

Same as Ivan Milat, why is he still alive? And the many others.

People will always say that because it has happened to you then you should have no say because it is too close, yet with the way we handle it how has that worked out for us?

We have these so called educated people making decisions based on the person/people who commit a crimes feelings. Poor them, imagine how they will feel having to live with their actions. We better mollycoddle them in case we hurt their fragile feelings........you would think they were the victims with the way these people carry on.

We are f**ked as a society because we let people get away with way too much because we don't want to hurt anyones feelings with the truth.
I am not going argue with you about the validity of the death penalty but as the old saying goes plenty of people alive deserve death plenty of people dead deserve life

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I am not going argue with you about the validity of the death penalty but as the old saying goes plenty of people alive deserve death plenty of people dead deserve life
That's not an old saying at all. You're full of shit, Dibs.

Avenger

Immortal
The thing that I don't like about the death penalty even if there is no doubt about guilt is instilling the legal right of a human being in killing another. What right have we as a society to allow a person to kill someone when it is not in self defence? What long term affects does the executioner suffer? Nobody knows.

Kornstar

Coach
The thing that I don't like about the death penalty even if there is no doubt about guilt is instilling the legal right of a human being in killing another. What right have we as a society to allow a person to kill someone when it is not in self defence? What long term affects does the executioner suffer? Nobody knows.

You could argue that it's a form of self defence. The criminal is a danger to society so therefore you are defending that danger.

I'm not a violent person in any way shape or form. I've never been in a fight or hurt anyone, but I'd happily pull the trigger on a paedophile or rapist. Those people (the criminal) had no issue violating the innocent and/or people they had a physical advantage over so why should I feel sorry for them?

Considering how poorly our justice system punishes paedophiles and rapists, having them back out on the streets in a relatively short time, does that make you feel happy that your partner or children may be their next victim?

They should never form part of society again imo, whether that is death or sent to some remote island to rot, I couldn't care less about them!

Spot on Avenger. I understand why individuals feel that they have the right to take a life (e.g. in self defence, vengeance or whatever), even if I don't think they should do it in all cases. But I don't believe that the state can ever know enough to sanction killing.

Gronk

Staff member
That merkin in Turkey who survived the broohaha on the weekend is trying to rush capital punishment through his parliament to deal with the agitators. He has 6,000 of them arrested after the coup.

ash411

Bench
Spot on Avenger. I understand why individuals feel that they have the right to take a life (e.g. in self defence, vengeance or whatever), even if I don't think they should do it in all cases. But I don't believe that the state can ever know enough to sanction killing.
The burden of evidence for the death penalty is pretty high, and even then the appeals process is extraordinarily long.

I think in some cases the death penalty can be warranted, although it hasn't really proven as effective a deterrent it was supposed to be.

In the case of the school kids instagram thing, I like the way that the US handles things like these, trying kids as adults when the crime is serious enough, I wouldn't be opposed to us adopting that here.

Kornstar

Coach
The burden of evidence for the death penalty is pretty high, and even then the appeals process is extraordinarily long.

I think in some cases the death penalty can be warranted, although it hasn't really proven as effective a deterrent it was supposed to be.

In the case of the school kids instagram thing, I like the way that the US handles things like these, trying kids as adults when the crime is serious enough, I wouldn't be opposed to us adopting that here.

What's wrong with a register? The employer then has the option to pursue and see if they have reformed or make the decision that they don't want people in their business who have this kind of history.

ash411

Bench
What's wrong with a register? The employer then has the option to pursue and see if they have reformed or make the decision that they don't want people in their business who have this kind of history.
Registers are a funny thing though.

There are people in America on the sex offender register for peeing in public, because someone walked past and saw their dinker.

I don't see a problem with having a register, as long as there are common sense guidelines on what offenses warrant being added to said register.

Kornstar

Coach
Registers are a funny thing though.

There are people in America on the sex offender register for peeing in public, because someone walked past and saw their dinker.

I don't see a problem with having a register, as long as there are common sense guidelines on what offenses warrant being added to said register.

Well yeah, common sense is a given.

Gronk

Staff member
In our country, Pauline Hanson was busted having plagiarised block paragraphs on her website from Wikipedia and other websites / brochures.

Nothing like this doozy. This is from today's republican convention.