What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
FFS @hineyrulz the sidewalk is for regular scootin', not fancy scootin'...

Lime scooter rider busted for allegedly riding drunk, running red light

A Lime scooter rider has been charged with drink driving after allegedly returning a blood alcohol concentration of 0.174 per cent – 3.5 times the legal limit.

Police said the 43-year-old Newstead man was arrested on James Street on Saturday night after he was riding the scooter on the road, without a helmet and failed to stop at a red light.
clip_image001.png

e0c47c50d946a161dda3fbfcb2d7093e1b05a767

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...-drunk-running-red-light-20190115-p50rgf.html

hineyrulz

Post Whore
FFS @hineyrulz the sidewalk is for regular scootin', not fancy scootin'...

Lime scooter rider busted for allegedly riding drunk, running red light

A Lime scooter rider has been charged with drink driving after allegedly returning a blood alcohol concentration of 0.174 per cent – 3.5 times the legal limit.

Police said the 43-year-old Newstead man was arrested on James Street on Saturday night after he was riding the scooter on the road, without a helmet and failed to stop at a red light.
clip_image001.png

e0c47c50d946a161dda3fbfcb2d7093e1b05a767

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...-drunk-running-red-light-20190115-p50rgf.html
In my defence I was left unattended.

Bazal

Post Whore
Easy? I doubt it. I reckon most men in top 100 would beat her tho

Serena is actually probably not the best comparison to the mens game, in a way. A 16yo boy would never beat her, she'd blow a kid without much power off the court entirely.

But she's honestly not that good. Controversial thing to say maybe, but I mean she's not a very good tennis player. Not mobile enough. She bullies other women from behind the baseline with her power, and that works for her, but you can't do that to most of the men. The matches she does get beaten are the ones where her opponent is good enough or lucky enough to hang on and actually move her around the court and make her play tennis. Or the ones where she sulks and loses the match herself.

Imagine her trying to beat Novak Djokovic just by hitting the ball hard from a fairly similar position? She'd get annihilated.

hindy111

Post Whore
Serena is actually probably not the best comparison to the mens game, in a way. A 16yo boy would never beat her, she'd blow a kid without much power off the court entirely.

But she's honestly not that good. Controversial thing to say maybe, but I mean she's not a very good tennis player. Not mobile enough. She bullies other women from behind the baseline with her power, and that works for her, but you can't do that to most of the men. The matches she does get beaten are the ones where her opponent is good enough or lucky enough to hang on and actually move her around the court and make her play tennis. Or the ones where she sulks and loses the match herself.

Imagine her trying to beat Novak Djokovic just by hitting the ball hard from a fairly similar position? She'd get annihilated.

I loved watching little 5'6 Justine Henin beat her with a nice backhand and moving her around the court.

84 Baby

Referee

She and Venus lost/got annihilated a set each against some no name ranked I think outside top 200 men IIRC. I think it was early in their careers but still... this is why women don't play 5 sets. Edit - I reckon it was at Australian Open one year too

There's only a couple of reasons I watch women's tennis. Alize Cornet, Eugenie Bouchard & Camilla Giorgio

Eelogical

Referee
Found this..........

Serena’s Advantages: The simplest thing to understand is that Serena has the greatest serve in woman’s tennis history, but against D1 men’s players she has no advantage, because they face serves just as good as hers or better in almost every match they play. Instead of having a huge advantage like she does over every WTA player, she might hit some aces and forces some errors with good first serves, but her male opponents would return a lot of her first serves and get into a rally, while her second serve would be punished unmercifully.

Serena’s Weaknesses: On the other hand, Serena would be forced to return serves as good or better than hers (especially kick serves coming from players who are over 5′9″), which would put her at a huge disadvantage starting every point.What it means to start a point with a big advantage: So instead of winning or having control of 60–75% of the points, like she does against the women, she might only have control of 20–25% of the points against the men (the effect of her best first serves).

Differences in Court Coverage: The next part is crucial: court coverage and the ability to hit a solid return while running, stretching or changing direction. Against the women, Serena only has to hit one or two powerful shots off the ground and that’s good enough to either force a weak return or hit a winner. Against the men, most of Serena’s “winners” are nothing more than rally balls. So not only will they return more shots, they will be in position to take any shot she hits less than optimally and attack her.With her relative lack of mobility (even when she was at her physical peak), she could not stay in rallies where she is forced to run wide and then cover the other corner of the court.

Differences in Stroke Preparation: Finally, if you look at her technique, she takes a big wind up on her ground strokes. If the ball is deep, she is usually forced to back up to have enough time to set up for her shots. The men learn how to deal with pace as juniors, so their stroke preparation is quicker and more compact. In addition, they have to learn to become comfortable hitting balls on the rise if they want to move forward into the court to take time away from their opponent.All of these factors, plus Serena’s own lack of consistency would make it difficult for her to win games, let alone sets against top college players.

Gronk

Staff member

Don’t agree. A ranked 16yo (plays junior Wimbledon etc) hits the ball just as hard and actually runs around the court.

Bazal

Post Whore
Don’t agree. A ranked 16yo (plays junior Wimbledon etc) hits the ball just as hard and actually runs around the court.

They aren't going to have the ability to return her serves with real meaning regularly yet. And she's intimidating as f**k.

Talk 18 plus year olds who have started to experience properly big serves and big returns, and there's a real case. But kids, no hope.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
They aren't going to have the ability to return her serves with real meaning regularly yet. And she's intimidating as f**k.

Talk 18 plus year olds who have started to experience properly big serves and big returns, and there's a real case. But kids, no hope.
Bullshit.

There are plenty of big f**k off 16 yo merkins who would have way more power than Serena. They wouldn’t be intimidated by her serve when their peers likely serve faster. Her only chance would be to out play them. She’s not going out muscle them.

It’s ultimately a stupid comparison though. Serena is one of the greatest sports people of all time.

Bazal

Post Whore
Bullshit.

There are plenty of big f**k off 16 yo merkins who would have way more power than Serena. They wouldn’t be intimidated by her serve when their peers likely serve faster. Her only chance would be to out play them. She’s not going out muscle them.

It’s ultimately a stupid comparison though. Serena is one of the greatest sports people of all time.

Name them

hindy111

Post Whore
Bullshit.

It is like saying Nedal just sits in baselines and overpowers guys on clay. I mean he does but there are also plenty of women as powerfull or close too Serenas power. I think the fact she is not as feminine looking she cops a hard time. Id still love to go a few strokes with her thats for sure. Beautiful women.

84 Baby

Referee

I reckon Di Minaur would’ve beaten her just a couple of years back