What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Bandwagon

Staff member
It is reinforcing stereotypes about a lower class of people, so that when they have the f**king temerity to vote against imported economic competition we can smugly jeer and call them racists.

Sure it is mate. That's just gotta be the reason, the elites in the media are backing in the brown people to take all our jobs and welfare.

It just so happens there isn't a political party with a platform opposing all the "imported economic competition" from the white folks that make up a significant cohort of our immigration for them to vote for

f**king shame that eh?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just wanted to point out this is literally the "conservative" version of "lefties" being offended by Apu from the Simpsons or whatever.

But I'm sure you'll find a way to argue that it isn't, of course.
No I agree totally. I've got no problem with Apu or the merkins on the Castle. They all make me laugh. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sure it is mate. That's just gotta be the reason, the elites in the media are backing in the brown people to take all our jobs and welfare.

It just so happens there isn't a political party with a platform opposing all the "imported economic competition" from the white folks that make up a significant cohort of our immigration for them to vote for

f**king shame that eh?

Plenty of talking heads blamed the recent election result on dog whistles and shit.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Plenty of talking heads blamed the recent election result on dog whistles and shit.

Yeah I don't think so. least not the race card anyways.

I don't reckon you'd be able to point to much more than the fringe element that believes that's remotely the reason for the result.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Working class culture is very different from that of the middle class. It's why we still have rugby union.

Upper classes maybe, but middle classes not so much. I suppose it depends on where you start to draw lines on income, wealth and education.

In the end though you can polish a turd any way you like, but it's still a turd.

hindy111

Post Whore
Upper classes maybe, but middle classes not so much. I suppose it depends on where you start to draw lines on income, wealth and education.

In the end though you can polish a turd any way you like, but it's still a turd.

Who is middle class? And what percentage of people are?
I always assumed most people where middle class.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Who is middle class? And what percentage of people are?
I always assumed most people where middle class.

Most people will rate themselves as being more well off than they are relative to what's average if they are less well off, or less well off than they are if they are more well off.

Like I said, it depends where you draw the lines around income , wealth and education.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon each class has it's own 3 classes inside its circle. But in general

High - Dont need to work if don't want too. Plenty of money to do whatever they decide.

Middle - Have to work but can afford to purchase a property, decent schools and holidays.

Lower - Have to work but cant afford a property or good education.

Then I am unsure about people who dont work at all and on welfare to which category you put them in.

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon there are seven classes that each have a further six sub classes.

Yes but within those sub classes you need to take into account the mental and physical wellbeing of each person, as merkins may not be able to live at an assumed optimal capacity 24/7. So I think there would be 12 classes within the 6 sub classes due to health inequities.So for mine there are seven super classes, 6 sub classes and 12 classes.

Then there are LGBTI+ gender inequalities ...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon each class has it's own 3 classes inside its circle. But in general

High - Dont need to work if don't want too. Plenty of money to do whatever they decide.

Middle - Have to work but can afford to purchase a property, decent schools and holidays.

Lower - Have to work but cant afford a property or good education.

Then I am unsure about people who dont work at all and on welfare to which category you put them in.
Some Hungarian immigrant to the UK remarked that England was the only country in the world where the ruling class didn't rule, the working class didn't work, and the middle class wasn't in the middle.

But if he didn't like it he should've f**ked off back where he came from.