What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
Toilet doesn't flush- Damn the Greenies

Blackout - Damn those arsonists

Car gets flat battery - Because solar panels can’t be recycled

Runs out of milk - Pizza sex trafficking peodophiles

You stole my idea and re hashed it you merkin

strider

Post Whore
What do you think caused them?

The bushfires happened cause we have not had any in a while so plenty of growth. Adding to this is Australia always being a dry country and in a current drought so everything is dry as a bone. Plus some extremely strong winds.

Also Fire trails have not been cleared as often and less back burning. Is this due to the greens blocking or lack of government funds?
Anyone guess.

Had its rained heavily in December this doesn't happen.

Is global warming real? I think so. Should we be making earth cleaner. YES.
Did it cause bushfires? NO
You think there might be factors that contribute to causing a really bad drought and unusually strong winds?

hindy111

Post Whore
You think there might be factors that contribute to causing a really bad drought and unusually strong winds?

The winds where about 50-80kms. These guests are common on Sth coast. And that's why they where able to predict them.
Global warming causes more rain I thought not less.

Back burn and better fire breaks and this doesnt happen......

strider

Post Whore
Should we backburn half of NSW?

I am a bit of a fence sitter ... I hate people over politicising this to push a climate agenda ... But i also think its ridiculous to flat out say the conditions leading to this have nothing to do with what humans are doing to the world

Bazal

Post Whore

I am a bit of a fence sitter ... I hate people over politicising this to push a climate agenda ... But i also think its ridiculous to flat out say the conditions leading to this have nothing to do with what humans are doing to the world

Exactly.

It's the result of several factors and climate change is one of them

hindy111

Post Whore

Just a fire. Had them before and will have them again no matter what we do.

Climate change is real. But it didn't effect the sth coady winds. The 0.5 degree rise in temp would do little.
Perhaps rain it effected but we have had droughts before so I would need to see the data.
It maybe a new year but I operate on facts.

Bazal

Post Whore
I thought they back burn fire breaks earlier in year and usually winter so that if a fires sparks up then it won't reach houses.

What?

A fire break is also a different thing.

Burning during winter are hazard reduction burns. Backburning is trying to controlled burn land in the path of a fire so it has no fuel, it's much more unpredictable than HRB

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not really a fan of Kelly but he really was ambushed, they even had their meteorologist on standby to take issue with his climate change denial issues, and Piers Morgan and crew are conservatives.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm not really a fan of Kelly but he really was ambushed, they even had their meteorologist on standby to take issue with his climate change denial issues, and Piers Morgan and crew are conservatives.

He's an idiot and he deserved to be shown as such

I think we can all agree that no matter who or what is responsible for the bushfires, all we really want is for them to be brought under control. So we can get back to keto.

Gronk

Staff member
You think scientists know everything? They're the kids who love uni but weren't smart enough to become doctors. They majority of them are easily led dullards.

And will probably invent new low emmission clean energies and cure cancer in the future, but carry on.

Gronk

Staff member
Just a fire. Had them before and will have them again no matter what we do.

Climate change is real. But it didn't effect the sth coady winds. The 0.5 degree rise in temp would do little.
Perhaps rain it effected but we have had droughts before so I would need to see the data.
It maybe a new year but I operate on facts.
Read a book then.

Latest posts