What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
59388918_10156544392878380_862911306892574720_n.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
Dunno. Looks like he eventually surrendered

Not much in the media about it ... I guess its not directly covid promotable so the media dont give many f**ks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ne...d/news-story/1447fafc1e9ec6d832414af34edc0a36

You may very well be right with the media's take on this.
However, (and not directed at you) who's to say that this poor bastard didn't lose his job on Friday, and over the weekend, has just lost the plot?
We are going through really difficult times here. There are currently far worse off people than most of us on this forum.
Sadly, he may have just been one of them. I'm willing to wait to hear what his circumstances were, but clearly, his actions today were clearly out of the ordinary and those of one who plainly just wasn't, or couldn't currently think rationally.

Atm, I'm rather worried about CV-19 and the on-going physical consequences, yet also, I worry about the mental health issues and the side-effects of the many who may not be able to handle the day to day side affects.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
You may very well be right with the media's take on this.
However, (and not directed at you) who's to say that this poor bastard didn't lose his job on Friday, and over the weekend, has just lost the plot?
We are going through really difficult times. There are currently far worse off people than most of us on this forum.
Sadly, he may have just been one of them. I'm willing to wait to hear what his circumstances were, but clearly, his actions today were clearly out of the ordinary.
Totally agree .... that was my first thought when i heard it on the news this morning, some poor bugger has gone over the edge cos of whats going on - and i dont blame him if thats the case tbh .... theres gonna be a massive hidden cost in all this

Suitman

Post Whore
Totally agree .... that was my first thought when i heard it on the news this morning, some poor bugger has gone over the edge cos of whats going on - and i dont blame him if thats the case tbh .... theres gonna be a massive hidden cost in all this

Yep. It's really sad tbh.
Not saying that's the case in this situation, as we don't really know the reasons for and why. But geez, poor bugger, having to resort to that, what ever his circumstances were.
Whatever the situation, I hope he gets the help required.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not saying that's the case in this situation, as we don't really know the reasons for and why. But geez, poor bugger, having to resort to that, what ever his circumstances were.

What happend? I been avoiding the news a little.

strider

Post Whore
Even if what triggered him wasnt directly related, theres gonna be alot of people who's personal problems unrelated to covid will just be exaserbated because the worlds gone to shit .... you can just push on through problems when life is normal, but when normality falls apart it makes everything else feel worse

Personally I went from being kinda positive things will be ok in the not too distant future to feeling real doom and gloom at times ... agree its gonna be real sad

Suitman

Post Whore
Even if what triggered him wasnt directly related, theres gonna be alot of people who's personal problems unrelated to covid will just be exaserbated because the worlds gone to shit .... you can just push on through problems when life is normal, but when normality falls apart it makes everything else feel worse

Personally I went from being kinda positive things will be ok in the not too distant future to feeling real doom and gloom at times ... agree its gonna be real sad

Totally. I've been through he same myself in the past, and got through it. Just.
We're now going through Corona-19. It's already affecting my business and income. If I wasn't quite as strong in character running my business, in a personal sense (publicly I'm quite shy) it would really affect my mental well-being.

This is going to have far more wide reaching effects for so many others who just don't think they will cope.
And this is why the media need to be far more responsible with their headlines and stories.

Bazal

Post Whore
Just making conversation.

Sour pricks aren't very good for that tbh, mate.

Admittedly I don't really know what happened either...all I saw was some bloke lay down in the middle of Windsor Rd and the bomb squad were called.