What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Avenger

Immortal
Did something in Byron that was so simple that I could do at home (nearly) that was absolutely exhilarating.

I went to the beach before breakfast and had a dip just before the flags went up. Need to get closer and within walking distance to the beach.

#firstworldproblems

Noise

Coach
Did something in Byron that was so simple that I could do at home (nearly) that was absolutely exhilarating.

I went to the beach before breakfast and had a dip just before the flags went up. Need to get closer and within walking distance to the beach.

#firstworldproblems
I do that every day. A morning surf/swim is the best start to the day.

Gronk

Staff member

#firstworldproblems

Bronte a few days ago. Stunning.

77E93773-F481-4FC4-B9BE-5A3E3A1E1419.jpeg

Suitman

Post Whore
Bronte a few days ago. Stunning.

View attachment 45456

The beach I spent my childhood on.
My Auntie (dad's only sister) lived just up the road in Collingwood st. The upper side of the divided street.
Even though we lived in Dundas, Dad's sister remained there until she went into a nursing home about 10 years ago. She died 5 years ago.
I rate Bronte Sydney's most beautiful beach.
Parklands behind are gorgeous. Nice fish and chip shop. Great restaurants along the foodie strip these days. Great vibe 12 months of the year.
I have so many fond memories as a kid of our family trips to stay there. Our family of 7 staying in a 2 bedroom 1920's bungalow with auntie. A house that didn't even have a hot water tap over the kitchen sink. I loved her old furniture, black and white tv, and a little front balcony (about 3 metres x 1.5 metres) where there was fleeting glimpses of the ocean and we would share sandwiches for lunch.
It was only a couple of years ago that it was sold.

I tried to re-create my childhood memories for my kids while we still had ownership of the place and took them out there as often as possible over recent years before it was sold. Thankfully, they now have the same love and memories of Bronte as I do. They miss that old house like I do. Funnily, when they were younger, they were scared shiteless and thought the place was spooky, particularly considering that the cemetery (Waverley) was about 50 metres away. They never got over that as kids, but now they are older, they remember the good times spent out there, and are sad that they can't go there anymore.
Bronte holds amazingly special times in my heart - from my childhood and my children's times there.
We still visit Bronte when we can. It is our beach of choice. The kids particularly love the pool, and spent so many days hanging on to the chains during big swells,although, as they have got older, have become more adjusted to the crazy dangerous surf that is common there.
So many memories.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Dont have the same attachment to the area but would agree with the call about it being Sydney's most beautiful beach. Its a stunning location.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I’m at Palm Cove at the moment. Amazing location but a local got funny the other day when we got talking and I dared suggest that there were nicer beaches in NSW and SE Qld. I stand by the comment.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Shout out to Merewether. Lived in Newcastle for a couple of years and used to love grabbing a coffee at the surf club and watching the waves.

Suitman

Post Whore
Dont have the same attachment to the area but would agree with the call about it being Sydney's most beautiful beach. Its a stunning location.

There's also Tamarama (beach) and the Coogee to Bondi walk. The whole area is quite an amazing location. That is why I feel so lucky to have such childhood memories and to have had at least the chance to have my kids also share them.
I actually took them to the cemetery one day, and the 3 of us (me, daughter and son) went in search of my grand parents grave stones. (I didn't know where they were but my dad had given me a rough idea)
Eventually we found them. It was a beautiful moment when 4 generations were re-united.

Avenger

Immortal
Bronte shits on Bondi and is a great suburb to live in. I reckon it’s up there with the best suburbs in Sydney, period.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Feel like we need a Favourite beaches thread in PD! I’m not a swimmer or a surfer but there is something special about being near a beach.