What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Hmmm. I'm thinking of putting together a 2032 Olympic Games room rental proposition to you NSW merkins. 3K for a week to rent my spare room (double bed). Street parking, ceiling fan (credit card operated A/C also available) a 20 minute walk to the train station, guided tour of Woody Point jetty and a bottle of 20+ sunscreen. First in is the lucky merkin. Don't hesitate!!!
When the 2000 olympics was on, the road cycling and marathons were held at my house. Our suburb was closed off and you needed a pass get past the cops. Bit of a pain TBH. Anyway, back to the point - merkins were renting out their houses for 20 times the normal weekly rate. They were literally going down the coast and getting paid $20k a week to lie on the beach.

Eelogical

Referee
When the 2000 olympics was on, the road cycling and marathons were held at my house. Our suburb was closed off and you needed a pass get past the cops. Bit of a pain TBH. Anyway, back to the point - merkins were renting out their houses for 20 times the normal weekly rate. They were literally going down the coast and getting paid $20k a week to lie on the beach.
See, my rates are very reasonable. Want to make a booking? For an extra 1k I can provide a very reliable lime scooter guide for the entire games.

hindy111

Post Whore

Do you have a source or proof? This sounds like one of those stories someone tell another person at the pub.
20k a week would be like 40k now. Smells like horse shit