What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think their strongest argument (which is almost impossible for the defence to refute) is that less than a month ago, Novak by his own admission showed complete disregard for social isolation rules after contracting Covid. Given our high case numbers and the possibility of him contracting COVID again, it would be reasonable to assume that he could flout our isolation laws as well, therefore placing public health at risk.

Now I’m the first to admit that this is purely an argument developed to rectify the Government’s initial incompetence, but I think it could stand up in court.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think their strongest argument (which is almost impossible for the defence to refute) is that less than a month ago, Novak by his own admission showed complete disregard for social isolation rules after contracting Covid. Given our high case numbers and the possibility of him contracting COVID again, it would be reasonable to assume that he could flout our isolation laws as well, therefore placing public health at risk.

Now I’m the first to admit that this is purely an argument developed to rectify the Government’s initial incompetence, but I think it could stand up in court.
I agree it that it may stand up in court. When it comes to public opinion though it will probably fail fairly miserably. Unless they taser George Christensen at the same time.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I agree it that it may stand up in court. When it comes to public opinion though it will probably fail fairly miserably. Unless they taser George Christensen at the same time.
Agreed, especially with the discretionary powers under The Act. I think most will see this for what it is. However, I don’t think the outcome will be criticised too heavily, just the process and system, as well as the idiots in charge.

Delboy

First Grade
The mess was started by that knobhead Tiley at Tennis Australia, providing a sort of carte blanche without thinking it through other than it’s tennis and important .

Certainly not helped by the govt acting in a sort of woke trance, not wanting to upset too many and basically screwing themselves and everyone in the process.

Not really interested in tennis too much, but what a cluster f**k from everyone involved. No winners and those on the sideline can throw sh*t and thats probably justified.

Gary

My argument is about two different points in time. They hated him before he arrived based on him being a queue jumper and now they hate him even more because they used irrelevant stuff to make the government act. Which they did. However the government cannot use any of that stuff now to win their case. The court has to make a subjective assessment on how him staying or going may potentially incite some kind of riot.

And court matters are always run especially in defence with the path of least resistance. A technicality. It’s a court of law not public opinion.
I wouldn't put it past those in charge wanting a riot when they kick him out. That would make the anti vaxxers and the pro choice people look very bad and give the deadshits in Canberra/ Mac Street public support for even more draconian measures than they have now.
I really hope the dopes (not labelling ALL in the anti vax/pro choice movement here, though there are unfortunately many) do not do anything stupid. I fear they will though because so many of them seem to me to be stupid. Unfortunately.

YOUR BODY YOUR CHOICE!

Gronk

Staff member

Latest posts