What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Noise

Coach
I said ‘summing up’ not decision. There is a difference and if you had attended a court you would know what I’m talking about. They indicated yesterday they they will present this in the coming days. There they will further explain to you how helpless and restricted they were yesterday. You still don’t get it and what I’m trying to say.
Mate you also said this on Saturday whilst demonstrating your lack of understanding of the process:
However the government cannot use any of that stuff now to win their case. The court has to make a subjective assessment on how him staying or going may potentially incite some kind of riot.
They didn't have to make a subjective assessment about that at all. Then today when you realised you were wrong you did one of your classic flip flops:
His defence team tried to draw a long bow and say that the minster’s reasoning was irrational but under this law he only had to prove that it was a view point not necessarily a subjective and correct one.

Eelogical

Referee
Is there any other non footy chat going on other than this Netflix series? I'd rather read about Mik's trip to Sussex Inlet than entertain any more of this ND claptrap. It's done and dusted, move on.............ffs!

Avenger

Immortal
Mate you also said this on Saturday whilst demonstrating your lack of understanding of the process:

They didn't have to make a subjective assessment about that at all. Then today when you realised you were wrong you did one of your classic flip flops:
My second quote should have said ‘the government’ not ‘the court.’ My mistake. Not a flip flop but a typo. Read it in context and you will see my reasoning.

Noise

Coach
My second quote should have said ‘the government’ not ‘the court.’ My mistake. Not a flip flop but a typo. Read it in context and you will see my reasoning.
Fair enough but it doesn’t make sense if you substitute government for court when looking at the extended version:
the government cannot use any of that stuff now to win their case. The court has to make a subjective assessment on how him staying or going may potentially incite some kind of riot.

And court matters are always run especially in defence with the path of least resistance. A technicality. It’s a court of law not public opinion.
If we use ‘government’ instead of ‘court,’ your post makes no sense. Why would the government be making another subjective decision? The government (Hawke) had already made their decision on Friday afternoon to deport Novak . Your post was talking about the court case.

Avenger

Immortal
Yes it does. You can use minister as well. I use ‘court’ in the second paragraph.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
Yes it does. You can use minister as well. I use ‘court’ in the second paragraph.
The government made their decision on Friday arvo. What decision did the government have to make given you made your post about midday on Saturday?

Avenger

Immortal
The government made their decision on Friday arvo. What decision did the government have to make given you made your post about midday on Saturday?
They had to explain the reason for their decision. They only sent Novak a notification of intention. It was literally a page. That is why his defence team spent all Saturday reading it and trying to find holes in it by presenting their case for well over 2 hours on Sunday.

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
For example my friend. When someone is charged with a criminal offence only a facts sheet is presented. Later a full brief of evidence is provided to the defence.

It’s similar in civil and administrative law matters with disclosure and what you are relying on.