What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

King-Gutho94

Coach
I would be curious to know how many sliding door life moments like this people have encountered.

I have heard plenty of stories about 9/11 and people who were supposed to be on the plane or in the office when the plane crashed into the twin towers.

One classic story i heard one day on a podcast or radio was about when the news hit about the planes crashing a guy that works in one of the offices was getting frantic phone calls from his wife checking if he was okay & finding out what was going on. When he finally picked up the phone he didn't know what the hell she was waffling on about a plane crashing into the twin towers.

The reason he had no idea was because he was banging the secretary in a hotel across town when they should have been work and got busted.

So it effectively saved his life but cost him his marriage.

T.S Quint

Coach
I would be curious to know how many sliding door life moments like this people have encountered.

I have heard plenty of stories about 9/11 and people who were supposed to be on the plane or in the office when the plane crashed into the twin towers.

One classic story i heard one day on a podcast or radio was about when the news hit about the planes crashing a guy that works in one of the offices was getting frantic phone calls from his wife checking if he was okay & finding out what was going on. When he finally picked up the phone he didn't know what the hell she was waffling on about a plane crashing into the twin towers.

The reason he had no idea was because he was banging the secretary in a hotel across town when they should have been work and got busted.

Marky Mark says he was supposed to be in one of those planes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He couldn’t come up with a better story for why he wasn’t in the office?

Maybe she got him with the opening question "Why haven't you been answering, are you in the office?"

And his flustered post-coital answer "Yes honey, sorry - I've just been tied up in a meeting."

Goneskis, with no right of reply or chance to make up a story.

84 Baby

Referee
So Shohei Ohtani has signed a 10 year contract to play for the Dodgers.
For those 10 years, the Dodgers will pay him $2m per year. He will count as $46m per year against their salary cap.
For the 10 years after that contract ends, they will then pay him $68m per year! And he will still count as $24m per year against their salary cap

King-Gutho94

Coach
For those 10 years, the Dodgers will pay him $2m per year. He will count as $46m per year against their salary cap.
For the 10 years after that contract ends, they will then pay him $68m per year! And he will still count as $24m per year against their salary cap
Went to a Toronto Blue Jays game when i was in Canada this year.

While what happens away from the field is entertaining.

The actual on-field product is more boring.

Cricket definitely has it covered as a onfield product.

We saw 3 runs in the first innings then duck egg for the next 7 innings for both teams.

T.S Quint

Coach

It's amazing, isn't it.
His contract per year ($70m) is worth more than the entire yearly payroll of about 7-8 teams. No hard salary cap in baseball, so the rich get richer.

He's a phenomenal player though. There hasn't been anyone like him in about a century. He's a top-class pitcher whilst also being a great batter. He may have issues with injury though. He already has.

T.S Quint

Coach
Went to a Toronto Blue Jays game when i was in Canada this year.

While what happens away from the field is entertaining.

The actual on-field product is more boring.

Cricket definitely has it covered as a onfield product.

We saw 3 runs in the first innings then duck egg for the next 7 innings for both teams.

Baseball people are so stuck in their ways that it takes ages to change anything about the game. Bringing in the pitch clock was a great idea, but it's only just happened but been talked about for decades.

They should eliminate the shortstop completely. Any way to get more people on base and more runs scored would be good for the sport.