What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've read the book and it was ordinary. It is very poorly written. However, I recognise the importance of it to modern sci-fi and even some fantasy. If I'd read Dune back in the 60s or 70s it would've blown my mind (and I probably wouldn't have noticed how bad the writing was) but I grew up on Star Wars, which repeats more than a few of Herbert's ideas. I also think the 40k setting is brilliant, which is also heavily inspired by Dune.

Basically, Dune deserves credit for being the first to introduce a lot of this stuff, but if you read it now, none of the ideas are new. Plus you've already seen the movies.

hindy111

Post Whore
Irony I think

Yes, derailing threads with crap is not good.

I'm not into arguing in this holy period. A speical time of the year. I bless you and forgive you for your many sins on here you dirty heathen.
Peace be with you my fellow human. I wish you and your family a lovely Easter.
Stay safe and lots of love

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Irony I think

Yes, derailing threads with crap is not good.
Apologies. We are all here to have a good time, and that obviously means having discussions the way our most fun member - Suitman of course - prefers to have them.

I shall cease making light of hindyeleven’s contributions so the decibel experts can get back on topic.

hindy111

Post Whore
Apologies. We are all here to have a good time, and that obviously means having discussions the way our most fun member - Suitman of course - prefers to have them.

I shall cease making light of hindyeleven’s contributions so the decibel experts can get back on topic.

I don't mind a bit of banter. But decibels is serious buisness and I wasn't in the mood for tongue and cheek after writing a detailed analogy

Gronk

Staff member
I don’t pay for or necessarily watch these fights, but am intrigued about the ridiculousness of these body types.

So ultimately they are fighting for the WBO and WBC super welterweight titles, which is 70kgs. But reach and height ?

Anyway both AU and USA bookies have Tszyu as the fav by far.

1711832605955.jpeg

hindy111

Post Whore
It's a non event. Like his Dad he is fighting bums.
Unlike the Maltese marrickville mauler who wasn't scared of anyone. Our greatest ever fighter.

Last edited: