What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

hindy111

Post Whore
giphy.gif

Imo you have read my PMs

strider

Post Whore
no, there are not too many that still use ad blockers any more
2 other people here have agreed, there is no PM for a deleted post .... and we've had this discussion before and people agreed no PM .... and no idea what post got deleted.

I realise you probably dont have first had experience, cos you would literally never have a post deleted.
Maybe a former incarnation of the software sent a PM with context and all, but it doesnt now and hasnt for years.

Its not cos i have an ad blocker. I never got PMs for deleted posts before i started using Brave browser.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
2 other people here have agreed, there is no PM for a deleted post .... and we've had this discussion before and people agreed no PM .... and no idea what post got deleted.

I realise you probably dont have first had experience, cos you would literally never have a post deleted.
Maybe a former incarnation of the software sent a PM with context and all, but it doesnt now and hasnt for years.

Its not cos i have an ad blocker. I never got PMs for deleted posts before i started using Brave browser.

you may be right, I dunno as Its never happened to me

all I know is what is supposed to happen but from recent feeback it appears you only get a link to the thread and not the specific post

as to the notification, that is up to whom ever does the moderating, if its a notification rather than a PM, that could have been in one of the upgrades as it used to be a PM

the phantom menace

First Grade
all I know is what is supposed to happen but from recent feeback it appears you only get a link to the thread and not the specific post
Can confirm that is true in my experience. Probably because the post has already been deleted from the thread by that stage...

Would be good if the software could somehow include the offending post as a "quote" in the Notification (no longer a PM) of deletion, and possibly would improve member understanding of and conformance with the applicable forum rule.

Suitman

Post Whore
It's quite simple.
Don't break forum rules.
I've been guilty before.
Learnt from previous mistakes and then never had a problem.
It's not hard.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I get PMs for deleted posts but there’s insufficient explanation of which one was deleted.

Latest posts