What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
4am tomorrow (Saturday) I head off to Alice Springs with a few mates to celebrate my birthday seeing Midnight Oil. I'm so amped, there's going to be all of us over 40 year old fellas dancing around like lunatics as if we were still 20!
Happy 60th mate.

No, I didn't.
Even the Victorians got today off to get pumped for the AFL final. I guess your government didn't have much faith in the Queensland teams. Never mind, just tell your underlings that you're heading out to check out the reef on Monday. If they ask how it is just say it's still f**ked. Foolproof.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
@strider's career as an ATO scammer was short lived...

http://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...r/news-story/1af8b4ea5e657f1ebd4d7f47ca925d9e

ATO scammer outsmarted by quick-thinking Queensland lawyer

A QUEENSLAND lawyer has outsmarted a scammer claiming to be from the Australian Taxation Office with minimal effort, forcing him into a flustered and foul-mouthed rant.

A recording of the call between Caboolture lawyer James Torcetti and the scammer, obtained by the ABC, shows how the short conversation played out.

Mr Torcetti said he received the scam calls often and usually phoned back.

“Even the slightest bit of pressure about the law and he folded,” he said.

The recording shows the scammer saying his name is Alexander Lee from the ATO and he needs to speak to Mr Torcetti because a “legal lawsuit and a warrant” has been issued against him.

He asks for the name of his lawyer who will represent him, while Mr Torcetti innocently asks what charges have been made against him.

The scammer calls his bluff, saying between 2014 and 2016 he has not lodged his taxes properly, implying he is now in big trouble.

But Mr Torcetti can’t help himself and even the simplest line of questioning causes the scammer to buckle into a foul-mouthed rant.

“What are the legal charges? What act is it under? What section? What are the facts?” he asks.

“Where’s my summons?”

“Listen to me motherf***er,” the scammer quickly starts up.

“Listen to me mother f***er ... what I’m going to do is ...”

“The ATO now calls people mother f***ers?” Mr Torcetti asks incredulously while fighting back laughter.

“You are a mother f***er,” the scammer says before hanging up.

The ATO advises people not to interact with scammers. Hang up and contact the ATO directly if you feel you have shared sensitive information with the wrong person.

strider

Post Whore
Hey if im gonna go to all that trouble and call people, the least they can do is give me all their money ffs ... that smart ass mutha f**ker deserved a spray