What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Incorrect

Coach
Going to make a serious post.

Booze.

Decided I'm giving it up. Its become too easy to smash a six pack after work and I am sick of being slightly dusty the next day. Particularly in Cairns where it is so f**ken hot. Nothing that is impacting on my ability to function but I feel like I could be so much more productive.

Need to resist the urge and occupy myself between 6pm-8pm on a weekday and 4pm-8pm on weekends.

Will see how I go, but thought I'd share to make myself more accountable.

Wish me luck.
A sober Irishman? As rare as a sighting of the Loch Ness monster....

You're going to save a shit tonne of money as an added benefit! Good luck with it....

hindy111

Post Whore
Going to make a serious post.

Booze.

Decided I'm giving it up. Its become too easy to smash a six pack after work and I am sick of being slightly dusty the next day. Particularly in Cairns where it is so f**ken hot. Nothing that is impacting on my ability to function but I feel like I could be so much more productive.

Need to resist the urge and occupy myself between 6pm-8pm on a weekday and 4pm-8pm on weekends.

Will see how I go, but thought I'd share to make myself more accountable.

Wish me luck.

I gave up the drink on new years eve. I feel so alive. I was averaging about 5-6 drinks a week and rarely more then 2 in a sittimg which isn't a lot but still.
If you're drinking 6 a day then it would be a good idea to stop imo. Even if limited it to weekends only. It would be having an effect on your organs and health.
Maybe you can learn to cook or do some gardening?
Are you givings up the smokes as well? I started smoking in lockdown but stopped also on new years.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I gave up the drink on new years eve. I feel so alive. I was averaging about 5-6 drinks a week and rarely more then 2 in a sittimg which isn't a lot but still.
If you're drinking 6 a day then it would be a good idea to stop imo. Even if limited it to weekends only. It would be having an effect on your organs and health.
Maybe you can learn to cook or do some gardening?
Are you givings up the smokes as well? I started smoking in lockdown but stopped also on new years.
Drinks first and then durries. I reckon once I sort the booze out the durries will be a lot easier.

Incorrect

Coach
Drinks first and then durries. I reckon once I sort the booze out the durries will be a lot easier.
If you give up the smokes too you'll be a millionaire before the end of the 2022 NRL season!!!

I remember when I gave up smoking, I was on summer holidays and on the last night before heading home, I had a huge session on the cans and smoked like a chimney. I wanted to smoke so much that when I woke up the next day, I'd never want to have another cigarette and it worked. I went completely cold turkey, no patches, no gum, nothing. 7 years later and I've never missed them....

hindy111

Post Whore
If you give up the smokes too you'll be a millionaire before the end of the 2022 NRL season!!!

I remember when I gave up smoking, I was on summer holidays and on the last night before heading home, I had a huge session on the cans and smoked like a chimney. I wanted to smoke so much that when I woke up the next day, I'd never want to have another cigarette and it worked. I went completely cold turkey, no patches, no gum, nothing. 7 years later and I've never missed them....

I wonder if Gary will get addicted to something else.

Bandwagon

Staff member

It would be I reckon, it's easy to smash quite a few bungers whilst having a few beers.

It sucks that the simple things you enjoy aren't real great for your wallet and your health.

Best of luck with both mate, I've thought about it plenty of times but not really seriously enough to overcome the lure of a tasty cold beverage.

Cloeel

Juniors
It would be I reckon, it's easy to smash quite a few bungers whilst having a few beers.

It sucks that the simple things you enjoy aren't real great for your wallet and your health.

Best of luck with both mate, I've thought about it plenty of times but not really seriously enough to overcome the lure of a tasty cold beverage.

He should jump on the nicotine grape flavoured vapes and Vodka sodas - that seems to be the go around my area (Bondi/Coogee)

hindy111

Post Whore
If Nadal won the Aus open and French he would pull away by 2. It might make it hard for Djoker to overtake. He is 34 and I feel he will play 2 more years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Never took Gary for a quitter, good luck with it mate. I couldn’t do it. But I do have the odd sober month or so when I take a break and you do feel much better for it.

Latest posts