What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread II

Gronk

Staff member
Kind of reminds me when Pearl Jam visited years ago. They announced one show which I gladly bought tickets for. Show was on a Wednesday (I think, it was a while ago).

After it sold out in minutes they announced a second show, on the Tuesday before. I had mates who bought tickets to that one.

The Tuesday show apparently got all the biggest hits that everyone knows. They switched it up for the ‘second’ show and played a bunch of more random, lesser known stuff (unless you were a big listener of all their albums).

Suffice to say most of the Wednesday crowd were pretty pissed considering they were the ones who got their tickets first but ended up with the ‘lesser’ concert.

I didn’t care much. I enjoyed it anyway.
I like Pearl Jam. Poor merkins copped it for years from Family Guy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Kind of reminds me when Pearl Jam visited years ago. They announced one show which I gladly bought tickets for. Show was on a Wednesday (I think, it was a while ago).

After it sold out in minutes they announced a second show, on the Tuesday before. I had mates who bought tickets to that one.

The Tuesday show apparently got all the biggest hits that everyone knows. They switched it up for the ‘second’ show and played a bunch of more random, lesser known stuff (unless you were a big listener of all their albums).

Suffice to say most of the Wednesday crowd were pretty pissed considering they were the ones who got their tickets first but ended up with the ‘lesser’ concert.

I didn’t care much. I enjoyed it anyway.
I think most people expect some new songs off the latest album, but the problem was they had two new shitty albums to flog of!!

Plus the 300+ price tag I get why people were a little shitty. Pearl Jam are an awesome live act seen them heaps and they’ve always played an awesome show.

Noise

Coach
Re Everclear. My first concert I ever went to was Frenzal / Everclear / Silverchair at the old State Sport Centre in Homebush in 1996. Being my first gig and only in Year 9 I thought it was the best thing ever. Who knows if it was actually good?

I saw Pearl Jam around 1998 (give or take a year) at the old Entertainment Centre. Played for 1 hour max and ignored a lot of songs from Ten and played too much No Code (or what ever was their latest) garbage. I was so pissed off. Saved up my $$ for that shit. My mate actually camped out for tickets at ticketek for us. Poor bastard. I only like their first 3 albums. Never again.

hindy111

Post Whore
Same. Not a big fan of them

I just never felt like their music gave off a specific feel or energy and wasn't relatable like the grunge scene during the recession in the 90s. Rich vs The downtrodden.
Well written music but never touched me.

Latest posts