What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non Footy Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It was just reported on ABC News that Julie Bishop knew about this 3 days prior but never told Abbott till the last minute and now she is Turncoat's 2IC.

No friends in politics.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Shorten is ridiculously unpopular, surely they can see this and should act on it.

On one poll against MT, yes. But it's the TPP that counts. MT will get a sugar hit for sure but it will be 3 or so months before we know what the trend is.

Unless the TPP tanks big time ( 45-55) against labour, its probably not worth changing leaders. If it's something like 48-52 to MT, probably best to wait until after election to change leaders.

Also some forget MT time as opposition leader, it wasn't exactly a success.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
It was just reported on ABC News that Julie Bishop knew about this 3 days prior but never told Abbott till the last minute and now she is Turncoat's 2IC.

No friends in politics.

Means nothing really. Even his conservative mate George Brandis was on the ABC this morning saying that they all knew about it and he had to go.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

No friends in politics.
How many leaders has the cow done in now??? Not sure anyone could trust her to be deputy. Turnbull will be nervous after a bad poll or two.

Gronk

Staff member
Remember the twitter hashtag phenomenon after Phil Hughes died ? #putoutyourbat

Trending over the past few days is #putoutyouronions

CO_oCCBVEAAEDxK.jpg

I thought it was about leftoids being snide little pricks whose major concern is spitting on people who dare to have different opinions to them?

Gronk

Staff member
I thought it was about leftoids being snide little pricks whose major concern is spitting on people who dare to have different opinions to them?

Somebody's bitter ...

Unfortunately fellas, Abbott is the best chance this country has of a stable government. Rudd, Gillard or Turnbull can't get the unified support that Abbott would have.

Furthermore, contrary to perception, Abbott won't let his personal beliefs determine policy and his personal ego won't overshadow the needs of the government.

Hate him as much as you like but he's the best chance that this country has over the next 6-8 years.

He will soon be exposed as a knob and an embarrassment to his nation with both KRudd and Turnbull having bigger poll numbers as preferred PM.

emjaycee

Coach
Off Topic Question I need some help with please:

I am getting some pool renovations done and the quote is a little over $20k.
The builder/renovator has said that I need to pay for the insurance even though he needs to have it for any job over $20k.
My question - is it normal for the client to pay for this insurance or should the builder include this as a cost of doing business?

Gronk

Staff member

The builder/renovator has said that I need to pay for the insurance even though he needs to have it for any job over $20k.
My question - is it normal for the client to pay for this insurance or should the builder include this as a cost of doing business?

You do need Builders Warranty Insurance under the Home Building Act for any works exceeding $20k.

It's a cost to the builder (single premium to Insurance Company).

Some builders will build it into their quote and others will tack it on as "optional".

Clearly you need it as you won't be able to sell your house (inside 6 years) without it.

Suitman

Post Whore

Nearly all my work is over $20000, therefore I always build the insurance into the quotation, and then note in my quotation that the insurance is included. It is a job cost, so the client should pay for it.
It's not like Public Liability or Workers Comp that are overheads and covered by a builders margin (if he makes any).
MJC, make sure HE gets the policy though. Ineligible builders cannot get it (builders with claims against them for example).

Suity

emjaycee

Coach
Nearly all my work is over $20000, therefore I always build the insurance into the quotation, and then note in my quotation that the insurance is included. It is a job cost, so the client should pay for it.
It's not like Public Liability or Workers Comp that are overheads and covered by a builders margin (if he makes any).
MJC, make sure HE gets the policy though. Ineligible builders cannot get it (builders with claims against them for example).

Suity

Thanks mate - was awaiting your reply as the one I fully trust :D
My recent kitchen reno had the insurance as an inclusive not a line item whereas this one doesn't - hence my question.

His latest email:
I will correct the details on the contract and send after I have organized the Insurance from my broker and send the invoice direct to you from my broker
Each one is priced on application but about $350.00 should cover it;

Does this process seem right?
I am okay with it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Not normally but at the end of the day it has to be included in the costs.

If I were you when its paid you need to see the paperwork, specifically who the insured party is and that all the job details are correct. Don't assume anything, check it all thoroughly, even honorable builders like Suity can make mistakes.

The insurance companies dont need much of an excuse not to pay up if there is a claim.

emjaycee

Coach
Not normally but at the end of the day it has to be included in the costs.

If I were you when its paid you need to see the paperwork, specifically who the insured party is and that all the job details are correct. Don't assume anything, check it all thoroughly, even honorable builders like Suity can make mistakes.

The insurance companies dont need much of an excuse not to pay up if there is a claim.

Well if I am getting the invoice from his broker and I am paying that directly I will definitely be asking for a certificate of currency specific to my job, which I will wish to sight before handing over any $$.

Gronk

Staff member
Thanks mate - was awaiting your reply as the one I fully trust :D
My recent kitchen reno had the insurance as an inclusive not a line item whereas this one doesn't - hence my question.

His latest email:

Does this process seem right?
I am okay with it.

It's not a true insurance policy as we know it any more. QBE and Calliden are just "agents" for the NSW Government.

This website has a calculator for premiums --> https://www.hbcf.nsw.gov.au/portal/..._953_373_348_0_43/HWPremiumCalc/PremCalc.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.