What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-Metrosexual NRL Players?

Being the fashion expert that i am, it's occoured to me that pretty much all NRL players dress like metrosexuals - a trend which was soooo 2004. This was brought to my attention this evening when i saw pretty much the entire Dragons team in my local shopping centre ALL DRESSED THE SAME. Every player (Head, Gasnier, Ryles, Peters, Henderson, and a few others) was wearing the exact same outfit with small variations - such as the colour of their striped polo shirt or the way in which they had their hair spiked up. This leaves me asking the age-old question - are there any NRL players...with style? Think of the last time you saw your team in casual wear - were there any who WERN'T wearing a pair of board shorts and a trucker hat?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Moi Moi - he has a 'brohawk' which is bleached at the tip...And due to his abnormally massive biceps, he can only wear special, non-popular shirts lol.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Nathan "I follow no f**ing twinkie trend" Hindmarsh. Legendary hair style - pure Bon Scott. Great use of hipster jeans - sunlight cleans the microbialnasties than can infect your bum crack, especially since Hoppa never wore latex gloves when playing footy.

All he needs is a hankie with knots tied in the corners for a hat and he'd be sweet!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
312.jpg

Misty Bee

First Grade
So Parra will take the field next year with Ringo Star and Robert Plant.....

Galloways been signed as a welder.....

Miss_Eels

Juniors
Tim and Ben Smith can't dress to save their life. I'll cut them slack though because I've only ever seen them around Parra during the day doing some shopping....and who needs to dress nice while shopping at Parra? (or anywhere for that matter) The rest of the guys have a pretty split style. Some go for the laid back, don't-give a crap attitude (Grothe, Marsh, Hindy, Mckinnon) and others wear the style described above and always look good no matter what (Morris..........actually, just Morris)

That's beacuse Tim Smith's Mum still dresses him!...And does his hair. Not sure what Ben Smith's excuse is though.

As for Nathan Hindmarsh - great player - but, well he's gone wayyy too far to the OTHER extreme of metrosexualism - I have no idea what goes through his head when he dresses himself of a morning. Absolutely nothing apparently. The term 'fashion victim' and 'bogan' don't even begin to cover it!

All I can guess is - he doesn't have any mirrors in his place.

I know plenty of people from the Country...and whilst many of them - they aren't perhaps on the cutting edge of what would be called fashion, exactly - nor do they get around looking like they've just been freshly run over by their combine harvester either - so that doesn't excuse him.

Just lucky for Hindmarsh he's a well-known footballer - and there's a plethora of gum-chewing bimbo groupies around - else he would surely live & die his life a virgin.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Bring Back the Spliff said:
That's beacuse Tim Smith's Mum still dresses him!...And does his hair.

Slight correction... his roommate Josh Cordoba does his hair (or at least used to). Speaking of which, doing an apprenticeship as a hairdresser may take Cordoba to the top of the list in the metro department (it at least throws out a challenge to Morris), but then again, judging by the results maybe it's best that he sticks to footy

eloquentEEL said:
Slight correction... his roommate Josh Cordoba does his hair (or at least used to). Speaking of which, doing an apprenticeship as a hairdresser may take Cordoba to the top of the list in the metro department (it at least throws out a challenge to Morris), but then again, judging by the results maybe it's best that he sticks to footy

'Roommate' eh?....That what they're calling them these days, is it? Riiiight, say no more - I gotcha!! ;-)