What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non NRL competitions coverage

Titanic

First Grade
In this digital age, with all the talk about junior pathways, broadcast money allocations and promoting the code, where is the coverage of the Queensland heartland competitions?

The NSWRL have just launched the NSWRL TV which will show every goddamned thing from HM, SG, Flegg and of course Cup plus Andrew Johns Cup plus their women's comps.

Meanwhile QRL Plus has gone down the gurgler ... wtf, we are heading backwards Ikin you numbnutz!!!! The only thing digital about his performance is that he needs a 360* extractus.

Nutz

Bench
In this digital age, with all the talk about junior pathways, broadcast money allocations and promoting the code, where is the coverage of the Queensland heartland competitions?

The NSWRL have just launched the NSWRL TV which will show every goddamned thing from HM, SG, Flegg and of course Cup plus Andrew Johns Cup plus their women's comps.

Meanwhile QRL Plus has gone down the gurgler ... wtf, we are heading backwards Ikin you numbnutz!!!! The only thing digital about his performance is that he needs a 360* extractus.
Firstly thanks for pointing this out because when I looked into it I verified I can download the NSWRL TV Android App, pay 50 bucks and watch more than 250 games. Woohoo.
BUT to your point, I agree that this sucks if your a Qlder following state league stuff.
I guess it all boils down to money. Who is going to pay for it and is Qld league have the viewers/followers.
I use to enjoy Warren Boland compare games up in Brizzy.
I've got nothin really to add to it Titanic but money is usually the sticking point.

ALX25

Bench
No wonder this year there has been a massive influx of QLD juniors leaving for NSW. Much superior competition with greater coverage.

Ikin has so far proven to only care about SEQ with no plan for the rest of the state.

Titanic

First Grade
You're very right Nutz and the money magnet is supposed to be the QRL and that is one Ben Ikin. Ikin's record in extracting any sort of serious development funding from the ARLC is thus far abysmal ... promised the Cows and Tits the QCup world and ended up with less than nada and the Burleigh Bears going to the 'Ponies while the Cows ended-up eating grass.

And completely agree ALX, no matter the efforts of the regional leagues and NRL club pathways, the NSW version is so much better. In Qld it is very much a matter left in the hands of the individual entities rather than a concerted statewide strategy to manage the elite player pathways. The huge geographic challenge, the excuse handed down by every QRL administration, can only really be solved by good planning and sufficient investment.

I think Ikin only looks after himself, a chip off his father-in-law's block.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
As it stands, NSWRL TV will only be showing all Johns & Daley Cup games. For Junior Reps and state comps it'll be select games each week. Only one game from each comp was broadcast over the weekend.

Titanic

First Grade
As it stands, NSWRL TV will only be showing all Johns & Daley Cup games. For Junior Reps and state comps it'll be select games each week. Only one game from each comp was broadcast over the weekend.
Happy to stand corrected on NSWRL TV but their competitions and coverage are still vastly superior to the QRL's as they have been forever.

ALX25

Bench
Probably not all QLD eligible but here's a snapshot of who has been named in final squads/summer squads and played in Round 1.

HM
Bulldogs: Mason Phillips, Tawa-Dean Simpkins, Xzavier Timoteo*
Eels: Ezra Leota, Natututasina Leota, Ocean Vaivela
Roosters: Cohen Dittmann, Lui Lee
Sea Eagles: Quinn Timperon*
Sharks: Ezekiel Ivey*
Tigers: Taj Handsaker

LF
Bears: Shenae Cassidy
Bulldogs: Nazlyn Waaka-Rhind

SG Ball
Bulldogs: Bud Smith, David Leota, Jayden Smith*, Jett Day*, Kaleb Eaton*, Mitchell Rogers, Oliva Smith
Dragons: Brandon Tikinau, Isaiah Fagalilo, Ryan Hutchinson, Rydell Tyrrell*, Tyler Peckham-Harris
Eels: Beau Lucien, Devonte Vaivela, Elijah-Shane Tapau-Taylor*, Izaiah Mafi, Jai Camilleri
Knights: Brock Thomas, Harley Walker, Jake Bryan, Wailer Whaiapu
Panthers: Isaiah Scanlan*, William Herbert*
Rabbitohs: Jason Hallie, Mark Nosa*, Mikael Ibrahim
Raiders: Atini Tuialii, Bailey Nash, Cain Hastie*, Izayah Petricevich*, Jai Purser*, Keahn Skipps, Maika Poese, Samuel Hyne, Thomas Lunney
Roosters: Aholoka Toia, De La Salle Va'a, Peter Benjamin Uini, Reece Foley, Tyreece Tait
Sea Eagles: Alton Naiyep, Druzel Taula, Jett Jackson, William Lane
Sharks: Adrian Sandy, Cooper Hannay, William Saunders
Steelers: Lyhkan King-Togia
Storm: Bradley Higgins, Chase Paterson, Delacruz Ripley, Harrison Hill, Jett Elich, Tulloch McLellan, William Semu
Tigers: Christian Taula, Hosea Kedzlie, Nehemiah Wuatai-Davis*, Xavier Tauaifaiga
Warriors: Tom Summer*

**Stanley Huen likely named in the Storm Jersey Flegg side.

TG
Bears: April Major, Bronte Morrison, Charlize Barrett, Lalita Kris, Latisha Kaitap
Bulldogs: Isla Talau, Mackenzie Stephens*
Rabbitohs: Abbie Ritchie, Lenniece Wright, Lotomau Sagigi, Nancy Sullivan
Raiders: Jaida Faleono
Roosters: Blessing Leota*, Elizabeth Lopamaua*, Imogen Hei, Maicy Furner*, Taylah Fuiava
Sea Eagles: Matisse Bettridge*
Sharks: Koolee Harbour

**Tavarna Papalii recovering from injury for the Roosters.

*Bye/Not named in Round 1

Last edited:

Titanic

First Grade
Very happy to have gone off too soon, not an unusual occurrence according to the missus, and for QPlusTV to have been released plus with such a great introductory offer ... let the games begin.

Latest posts