What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NORTH SYDNEY OVAL - BEARS V NEWTOWN - FRIDAY NIGHT 29 April

girvie

Staff member
NORTH SYDNEY OVAL - BEARS V NEWTOWN JETS - FRIDAY NIGHT 29 APRIL, 2005

2005 is the Year of the Bears - on and off the field. the Bears are roaring! Don't you worry about that!

Coach Gary Freeman has developed a tough, entertaining outfit who are up there with the best in the Premier League. Every game has been a nailbiter - and this Friday will be no different when the Bears meet the Newtown Jets in the second leg of the Frank Hyde Shield.

How good are these Bears?! Already one of the boys, Chris Tuatara, has been invited to train with the Storm's NRL side and scored three tries last weekend! And this is only the start!

Come and see the Bears in action. These boys deserve another great, loud crowd. We will then toast the victory at post-match celebrations at the Rag and Famish Hotel down the road.

Jersey Flegg: 5.30 pm
Premier League (main game): 7.00 pm

North Sydney
1 John Russell
2 Joseph Swamy
3 Namila Davui
4 Chris Tuatara
5 Lester Salanoa
6 Andrew Moodie
7 Aaon Heremaia
8 Michael Harper
9 Billy Ngawini
10 Ian Donnelly
11 Anthony Kiro
12 Brenden Solomon
13 Luke Fatnowna

14 Chris Weaver
15 Matt Thurston
16 Wayne McDade
17 Richard Retimana
18 Rhian Gerard
Coach - Gary Freeman

Newtown
1 NATHAN MERRITT
2 RYAN McGOLDRICK
3 VINCE MELLARS
4 FRANK SAMIA
5 DIMITRI PELO
6 RUSSELL AITKEN
7 DAVID HALL
8 DAVID THOMPSON
9 KEVIN KINGSTON
10 JAMES STOSIC
11 ANDREW LOMU
12 KEITH GALLOWAY
13 SAM ISEMONGER

14 CLIFFORD MANUA
15 DANIEL DUMAS
16 GEOFF JOHNSON
17 JON GREEN
18 CAMERON CIRALDO

Hopefully there will be a big crowd out there for this match.

greg

Juniors
I can only wish I was there but I am on the Gold Coast. Two 1908 rivals , it does not get any better. Jets by 20.

PS: Norths please change your jersey back to something we recognise.

2 True Blues

Coach
Same situation greg, however I am in Brisbane helping a girlfriend move house from Melbourne.

However only physically. On Friday night I will be mentally at North Sydney Oval.

Was there for the last two years and watched us get beaten, although we did have players missing both games and also injuries. However this year both sides are studded with NRL talent.

Almost tempted to fly back just for the game.

Go you mighty Jets.

:D

girvie

Staff member
I can't go either, it sucks :( I will be thinking about the game all night.

2 True Blues

Coach
Going to drive family mad with minute by minute text message requests relating to the current scoreboard situation though.

#-o :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fanny Batter

Juniors
all pissweak excuses. :lol: wild horses wont stop me from goin 2mrw nite

just kiddin.shame u guys cant come

norths 2 prolong the hoodoo.this is what footy is about.the nrl could learn sumthin. they think wests tigers at leichhardt oval is traditional.there are pieces of cheese older than wests tigers. fools!

greg

Juniors
FB:

Does Norths plan on Friday Night games regularly at NSO? It could develope a real good following. I hope so. This jet would like to see the good old bears packing them in.

2 True Blues

Coach
The only piss weak thing on this site is you pal. At the risk of argueing with someone with an obviously underdeveloped mind, ( or possibly under the age of 15 ) , I would :evil: you up

2 True Blues

Coach
Have an even greater reason for the Jets to cream yous now anyway. If the boys actually turn up to play tonight should be a floggin.

I suppose you would have to push trolleys for 6 months to earn the return airfare anyway if you were in qld right now.

2 True Blues

Coach
C 8) 8) L.

Dont want to count the chickens but how about Parramatta and Jets grand final, with a different result to the last one.

That would be my dream anyway. ;-)

13 Men dressed in blue, look out cause theyre comin through. Newtown. Newtown. :music1:

greg

Juniors
Yes Eels , Jets grand final. 81 must be avenged.
Sorry, getting ahead of myself.

2 True Blues

Coach
Yeah, so was I mate, but it would be a great concept in theory would it not :?: :?: :!: :!:

Brett KENNY could not ruin the day this time around :lol: [-o< :clap:

Jeffles

Bench
The Bears website lists their games. They have some home games on Friday and some on Sunday. Most are on Friday. Sharing with the Rah Rahs must be difficult.

Both timeslots have their advantage. I think so long as fans have good notice of matches, they'll turn up.

Fanny Batter

Juniors
i like sunday games better cos it means i can watch all of flegg as well as the vbpl guys.i work in childcare and by the time i finish work its hard to make it in time.

well done newtown.good 2 c hornets and jeffels again.u were both pissed but jeffels woz worse. :lol: they way my team played i couldve done wif a few glasses of chardy