What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norths Devils Thread

Surandy

Bench
I've been told that there are some Melbourne grown talent playing for Norths. Does anyone know which players?

Stormin Norman

Juniors
marc brentnall dont know what happend to him this yr but he is not really a vrl junior he started playing down here when his dad got a job wit the storm
Marc actually played his 1st game of 1st grade for norths this week

Fampa

Juniors
If Marc makes a comeback to the Q-Cup, then Kusky will go back to half in A Grade. I think Marty Turner is still out.

This means the ill-fated experiment of Q L-T at halfback in A Grade might end, allowing him to go back to the wing or fullback (depending on whether Inglis turns up for a game).

Craig

Juniors
Tigertread said:
NORTH QUEENSLAND 44 (D Fauimu 2, S Southern 2, C Sheppard, H Vaa'sa, S Goodhew, M Scott tries; B Bowen 6 goals) beat NORTHS 4 (D Fletcher try).

Why do the Cowboys hate Chris Sheppard or not pick him?

Is he really worse then Nathan Fien?

Tigertread

Juniors
Craig said:
Tigertread said:
NORTH QUEENSLAND 44 (D Fauimu 2, S Southern 2, C Sheppard, H Vaa'sa, S Goodhew, M Scott tries; B Bowen 6 goals) beat NORTHS 4 (D Fletcher try).

Why do the Cowboys hate Chris Sheppard or not pick him?

Is he really worse then Nathan Fien?
The Cowboys don't hate Shep and he's not worse then Fien.
Shep has to be the best half running around in the Qld Cup.
They are both good players but not great. At the moment Murray seems to favour Fien over Shep because of Fien's great understanding with Bowen. I've never been a Fien fan but this year I like the way he's going.

oxenham

Juniors
Norths beat tweed 56 to 16 at Bashup......the 3 Turners went well.This game would be shown on Fox at some stage.They also won A and Colts convincingly against Wests(Wests colts are the Horse colts).
The highly rated Inglis is playing in the U18 rep comp up in Rocky.

Earl

Coach
Speak of the devil Oxenham.

This weekends match;

NORTHS DEVILS 42
Tries: Greg Inglis 4, Quentin Laulu-Togagae 2, Anthony Boyd, Sione Finefueiaki
Goals: Marty Turner 5
defeated EASTS TIGERS 32
Tries: Jason Barsley, Matt Lockyer, Dane Campbell, Martin Allen, Trent Young, Wade Liddell
Goals: Dane Campbell 4

Surandy

Bench
Earl, I wasn't accusing you of lying. I was just surprised that he was playing as I'd been told he was injured. But then I didn't query how bad his injury was so maybe he only had a slight injury and got over it quickly.

I can't wait to see this guy playing for Storm.

weasel

First Grade
Greg Inglis is awesome, scoring six tries in his first two QLD cup games, against Wynnum and Easts as well, both solid sides. It's only a matter of time before he plays for the Storm but I want him to keep playing for Norths. :( We could come close to winning the Queensland Cup every year but for the fact our great young players seem to always get promoted into the Melbourne squad so quickly. :|

Earl

Coach
:lol: Unlucky weasel.

If we were lacking outside backs then he get a shot pretty soon I would think. But with our abundunce of outside backs I think he'll be playing for Norths for a bit longer.

It wouldn't suprise me if Ben MacDougall has played his last game for Melbourne for a while.

And I really hope he was only signed for 1 year.

Craig

Juniors
weasel said:
Greg Inglis is awesome, scoring six tries in his first two QLD cup games, against Wynnum and Easts as well, both solid sides. It's only a matter of time before he plays for the Storm but I want him to keep playing for Norths. :( We could come close to winning the Queensland Cup every year but for the fact our great young players seem to always get promoted into the Melbourne squad so quickly. :|

Well it is a sign they are playing well :D :lol: :lol:

Earl

Coach
Latest Result;

NORTHS DEVILS 60
Tries: Quentin Laulu-Togagae 2, Fifita Moala 2, Derek Fletcher 2, Robert Tanielu 2, Greg Inglis, Andrew Hamilton, Glen Turner, Cooper Cronk
Goals: Marty Turner 6
defeated SOUTHS LOGAN MAGPIES 14
Tries: Basil Api, Clive Haynes, Stanley Fau
Goals: Jace Van Dijk

Venue: Bishop Park Date: Sun June 6 3:00pm
Referee: Michael Inman
Half time: Norths 28-4

Surandy

Bench
Was it windy there today?

6 goals from 12 attempts for Norths and 1 from 3 attempts for Magpies.

Earl

Coach
I couldn't tell you Surandy. I also know that Steve Irwin kicked 2/7 for the Clydsedales, so perhaps it was windy in QLD today :?