What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norths Devils Thread

oxenham

Juniors
Central Comets V Norths Devils, Browne Park 7.00pm, Saturday 3rd June
In tonight's Queensland Cup fixture Norths Devils have defeated the Central Comets 29-20. Norths started exceptionally, scoring a try under the posts after only 20 seconds of play, through Marty Turner who picked up the scraps in a Comets error close to their own line. Six minutes later Quentin Laulu-Togage went in for a solo try and eight minutes after that Marc Brentnall scored. Dustin Cooper added the extras for the first two tries but missed the Brentnall conversion. Norths had a 16-0 buffer after just fifteen minutes of play and it looked like it was going to be a long night for the Comets. In the 27th minute George Tuakura charged through some soft Norths defence and in the 32nd minute Heath Egglestone streaked away for another four-pointer to bring the Comets within a converted try at 16-10. From the ensuing kick off Norths were pinned for offside but the Comets dropped the ball a tackle later. The half time score was 16-10 in Norths favour. Three minutes after half time hooker Andrew McFadden went on a solo effort fending off a couple of players and stepping one to score a 30m solo try to get Norths a 12 point buffer at 22-10. In the 56th minute Norths got an important penalty and from 10m out Pat Gardner charged through some soft Comets defence to score next to the sticks to grab a handy margin at 28-10. The Comets brought it back to 28-16 in the 61st minute with an exciting try in which a nice chip kick was put through and Wade Rothery grabbed the ball and streaked away to score under the posts. Four minutes later man of the moment, Rothery, tapped after a penalty, dummied, stepped and went over for a soft try. Halfback Hayden Karena missed an important kick from near the posts and the score remained at 28-20. Four minutes from fulltime centre Dustin Cooper missed a penalty from in front, but it didn't matter as five-eighth Marty Turner slotted a field goal seconds from full time to put the icing on the cake. A final score of Norths 29 Central 20. Stand outs were Andrew McFadden, Kerry Smith and Pat Gardner for Norths and Heath Egglestone, Wade Rothery and George Tuakura for Central.
Scoresheet:
Norths 29 M Turner, Q Laulu-Togage, M Brentnall, A McFadden, P Gardner tries D Cooper 4 goals, M Turner field goal d Central 20 W Rothery 2, G Tuakura, H Egglestone tries H Karena 2 goals at Browne Park

Earl

Coach
:clap: :clap:

I expected a bigger win but I guess they were missing some key personel.

oxenham

Juniors
They did well.......the comets at Browne Park are a big ask for any team.I went in the sheds after and they were all kids,except foe McFaden....I thouight I was in the 18s sheds :lol:

Earl

Coach
I think he was talking about the week before. The compition is that tight we went from 1st to 5th after one single loss.

oxenham

Juniors
Norths play Burleigh in 3 grades at Bishop on Saturday.Three great matches in colts A and Cup.The afternoon could decide the Club Championship.If any Melbourne people are in town get down there for 3 terrific games and see the future of the Storm.

Earl

Coach
The QLD Cup game is a telecasted game so it will be shown on Foxtel next Wednesday :mrgreen: :clap: :clap:

The_Savage_1

Juniors
a great team try to crockett in the corner with good setup by mcfadden
cooper converts from the sideline on his bad side :D
norths 10-0