What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not a bad effort under the circumstances...

RedVDave

First Grade
I can't believe you guys act like such sad arses. Yes we lost. Yes we had players injured. Yes we had players backing up. We're still first on the ladder so get over it and think about next week.

Yes lets not talk about what went wrong or what areas we could improve to better ourselves for next week, I mean it's not like this is a forum or anything where people have views or opinions.

RedVDave

First Grade
I thought Lett was hopeless, really missed Nightingale.

Not to mention Weyman.

Have to agree missed Weymans agression, and Lett was dissapointing although no-one really stood out/up if you ask me.

Manly played pretty well (for both halves this time) so credit to them and as always the Manly fans were gracious in victory. :roll:

Looking forward to next week a weeks a long time in footy.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
The aggression of Smith and Weyman was missed. Everyone was generally bad, I was surprised at Coopers defense.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
i know were your coming from, but we have enough depth to cover those losses. our starting line up was strong. manly played like those 8 players hadnt played the night before. we were the fresher team but have had no ticker. if manly back it up next week, they are the real deal
Well we half agree with each other.

You only have to do the math. We had six first grade players missing. We were the understrengthed side. The Manly having eight players backing up doesn't wash. As you say, they played like they hadn't played the night before - and there's a reason for this. It has been proven time and time again that players backing up a day after a rep match are on top of their game.

They were better than us, too fast and we were too slow. We need to address this first and foremost. Manly however, played their best game of the year, and we could have played better. That's the way it goes sometimes.

It would have been a tremendous effort to get a win because we were behind on personnel. One thing is for sure, if we did comeback to win, the media would have been bleating on about Manly having players backing up.

I look forward to playing them again with a full pack on deck.

And in response to baby bath's post, people are entitled to their opinion.

Ulysseus

Bench
I think the missing personnel finally took its toll to a degree.
I am eager to see them go around again, particularly with Weyman, Florence, Smith, Scott and Saffy in the team.
Fein aint gonna be back in time, I think with the full compliment Saints will get the chocolates, although the Saints style of play does not enamor itself to coming from too far behind, not enough flair.

Dragonwest

Juniors
They were rushing up early, I thought there were many opportunities where we could have put the ball behind the defence for morris to rush onto

Totally agree, our halves need to add this one to their trick bag to prevent teams rushing up and to win repeat sets so we can build pressure.

dikefalos

Juniors
yes the saints were missing six players but manly were also missing 2 internationals there no 1 strike weapon in attack B.Stewart, D.Williams & G.Rose who is devastating off the bench plus loosing Foran @ halftime didnt help either no excuses, although i still think the saints are the team to beat.

Gaba

First Grade
B.Stewart is a finisher not a game breaker , lyon and the forwards for manly are more of a threat then stewart is in attack imo

Bring back choc

Juniors
We need costigan and smith for next week. No mention of costigan injury in any press conference so hopefully he'll be right. Nightingale is needed...his positional play was great. We also missed Scott IMO.
I agree with comments about Soward.... he honestly doesn't back himself. I feel like he's playing too much within himself. Needs to take on the line a bit more. Particularly when we are behind.

We should beat Canterbury. Good sides don't lose 2 in a row.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
B.Stewart is a finisher not a game breaker , lyon and the forwards for manly are more of a threat then stewart is in attack imo

B. Stewart, when uninjured, is in the top 2 fullbacks in the game... yet not a game breaker? Give me a break.

dikefalos

Juniors
as i said a finisher not attacker, that video proves my point doesnt it

An attacker he would have put a a chip kick himself or set someone else up.

Majority of stewart trys come from team set plays not an individual brilliance from stewart.
sorry i didnt realise you knew nothing about rugby league.

Stagger eel

Staff member
as i said a finisher not attacker, that video proves my point doesnt it

An attacker he would have put a a chip kick himself or set someone else up.

Majority of stewart trys come from team set plays not an individual brilliance from stewart.

are you well? :?

Latest posts