What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not much of a clean out possible for 2010

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Ending 2009
Lazarus
Ayshford
Dunley
Tagive
Collis
Morris
Payne
Halatau
Trimarchi
Galea
Hanbury

McDonnell
Tuiaki
Ryan
Moltzen'
Laurie

Lawrence
Marshall
Gibbs
Payten
Laurie (WT option)
Farah
Galloway
Heighington
Ellis

Well, based on how this season is travelling I consider these following options:

Renewed contracts:

Trimarchi, Galea, Hanbury and Morris.

I think Trimarchi, Galea and Hanbury have shown enough to at least make an effort to retain. I qualify that with noting the limited opportunities Trimarchi has had to show what he can / cant do. Morris- I reckon he is worth offering a renewed contract but not in the halves rather as a utility and on the understanding it will be mainly interchange meaning presumably reduced money. If he wants to go elsewhere he can.

Unknown:

Lazarus, Ayshford, Dunley, Tagive.

They have either been injured (Lazarus & Tagive) or unable to force their way past Sheens views (Ayshford & Dunley) and cant show what they can do. Making a offer for 2010 and beyond may have to be an act of faith or judgement call on whether to let them go.

Out- be gone!!!!!!!!

Collis (rumoured to already have signed with Canterbury), Payne (not worth commenting on), Halatau- can afford 1 x utility interchange and on the form shown I’d go with Morris rather than Halatau.

If they are really serious about taps on shoulder I’d also be letting McDonnell & Gibbs know they are on thin ice and playing for their continued contracts. Their form up to ¾ of the season will judge whether they will be released early and either shopped out / paid off.

Not that they will do anything with the coaching staff but I’d be telling them the same as McDonnell and Gibbs.

So not much a clean out………………………. But at least gives the possibility of promoting some of the achievers from State Cup and juniors and maybe target a key signing or two.

Last edited:

Kaiyos

Juniors
Ending 2009
Lazarus
Ayshford
Dunley
Tagive
Collis
Morris
Payne
Halatau
Trimarchi
Galea
Hanbury

McDonnell
Tuiaki
Ryan
Moltzen'
Laurie

Lawrence
Marshall
Gibbs
Payten
Laurie (WT option)
Farah
Galloway
Heighington
Ellis

Well, based on how this season is travelling I consider these following options:

Renewed contracts:

Trimarchi, Galea, Hanbury and Morris.

I think Trimarchi, Galea and Hanbury have shown enough to at least make an effort to retain. I qualify that with noting the limited opportunities Trimarchi has had to show what he can / cant do. Morris- I reckon he is worth offering a renewed contract but not in the halves rather as a utility and on the understanding it will be mainly interchange meaning presumably reduced money. If he wants to go elsewhere he can.

Unknown:

Lazarus, Ayshford, Dunley, Tagive.

They have either been injured (Lazarus & Tagive) or unable to force their way past Sheens views (Ayshford & Dunley) and cant show what they can do. Making a offer for 2010 and beyond may have to be an act of faith or judgement call on whether to let them go.

Out- be gone!!!!!!!!

Collis (rumoured to already have signed with Canterbury), Payne (not worth commenting on), Halatau- can afford 1 x utility interchange and on the form shown I’d go with Morris rather than Halatau.

If they are really serious about taps on shoulder I’d also be letting McDonnell & Gibbs know they are on thin ice and playing for their continued contracts. Their form up to ¾ of the season will judge whether they will be released early and either shopped out / paid off.

Not that they will do anything with the coaching staff but I’d be telling them the same as McDonnell and Gibbs.

So not much a clean out………………………. But at least gives the possibility of promoting some of the achievers from State Cup and juniors and maybe target a key signing or two.

Kaiyos

Juniors
You left out one guy that should be on the top of that list....the massiah Tim Sheens....needs to go big time !! This man irritates the life out of me.

tiger_nick

Bench
Ending 2009
Lazarus - has wraps, just been unlucky, id give him another 1 year contract
Ayshford - has never impressed me, cant see him ever being a good first grader, cya
Dunley - i like dunley, wish he would get a run in firsts, worth keeping
Tagive - injury ruined the start of the year. looking like a better option then ryan, keep.
Collis - showed on sunday what he can do. i still rate him, keep.
Morris - UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD THIS PR*CK BE RENEWED! Even if they say he will be a bench utility it wont matter, he will end up in the halves.
Payne - no, piss off
Halatau - hell no
Trimarchi - id keep him if nothing better comes along
Galea - see trimachi
Hanbury - just dont see a need for him with moltzen, lazarus etc around

McDonnell - i thought he ended this year? jesus christ

Lazarus - Suppose we should let him go
Ayshford - Same
Dunley - He's a half, keep him on board.
Tagive - Too injury prone?
Collis - Cut
Morris - Don't overpay and play as utility or cut.
Payne - CUTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Halatau - CUTTTTTTTTTTTT
Trimarchi - Has this year to determine his status. Probably cut.
Galea - Same as above.
Hanbury

McDonnell - What can we do....
Tuiaki - Depends how little we can resign him for? 250k or less is good enough to keep him.
Ryan - 150k or no deal.
Moltzen' - Less than 200k would be good.
Laurie - Sign him, straight away!

Lawrence - Rep 3/4, must resign.
Marshall - Not at all worth contract.
Gibbs - Must prove he has improved. Likely cut.
Payten - Going to be old...... Worth keeping I guess.
Farah - DUH
Galloway - Best prop in the NRL. DUh
Heighington - Might as well.
Ellis - If he perform then yeah.

westie

Bench
Did no one else notice McDonnell looked very lively when he came on. In fact, like I've been saying, he looked comfortable and dangerous - because he was in the middle. Stick Benji on the wing and he looks geniused, same goes for McDonnell.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
And did you notice junior get run over on the lead-up to Manly's last try westie.......

In that very same set of six, I said to my mates that he was being very vocal in defence on tackles one and two, telling the front line where we short etc, which is great and quite noticeably different to Hanbury, but it doesn't matter if he can't bring a guy down one on one. He just isn't up to it.