What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not-so-Poore Eels go Dragons hunting

Not-so-Poore Eels go Dragon hunting

by Phil Sim

Parramatta is believed to be preparing to launch an assault on St George Illawarra’s forward pack, with an Eels source indicating to 1Eyed Eel that the club is very interested in making a big play for a couple of the Dragon’s young guns.

The Eels could have in the vicinity of $1.5 million to spend if the numbers of players tipped to leave do go elsewhere and Parramatta is likely to pop up a surprise bidder on a number of talents who might have been expected to go elsewhere.

Justin Poore looks most likely to end up in the Blue and Gold. The Eel’s are short in the front-row department, following the retirement of Paul Stringer and the likely departure of Aaron Cannings and maybe Adam Peek. Poore is an established NRL front rower who still has his best years ahead of him. The Eel’s main competition for Poore’s signature appears to be him re-signing with the Dragons.

The Eels are also likely to be in the running for Ashton Sims and Ben Creagh. Sims has been given permission to look elsewhere, however, is reported to be in the sites of the Roosters. However, Parramatta are as cashed up as anybody and he would add some much needed size to the Eels pack. His versatility in being able to play prop or second row is also an advantage.

Creagh is another target that is likely to go for big money and would represent an ideal replacement for the outgoing Glenn Morrison, however, Manly is reportedly prepared to throw big money at the Dragons second rower.

The source is adamant that Parramatta will snare at least one big signing from the Dragons.

Meanwhile, the Sunday Telegraph today named Mark Minichiello and Scott Hill. Other media reports have indicated that Hill will definitely be headed to the UK next year. Other off-contract players that may suit the Eels roster are Karmichael Hunt, Joe Williams, David Stagg, Travis Burns, Ben Reynolds, Nigel Plum, Roy Asotasi and Hutch Maiava. http://www.filthy_spammers.com/images/favicon.icoPlayers: Justin Poore, Ashton Sims, Ben Creagh

http://www.filthy_spammers.com/article.php?id=1526

eelz47

Coach
joe williams from souths? no thanks

hunt where would you put him?

and fui would rip hutchs head off again :d

Davester

Juniors
Eels can have Ben Reynolds :crazy:

With a soft spot for the Eels, I'll say that seriously you'd hope not to have him, he'll spend most of his time in PL and I believe that your halves thare are a'ok.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eelz47 said:
hunt where would you put him?

he wants to play five-eight and he'd be an absolute gun outside Timmy also there was a rumour that Hages is looking at back up half as an insurance for Tim.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Davester said:
Eels can have Ben Reynolds :crazy:

With a soft spot for the Eels, I'll say that seriously you'd hope not to have him, he'll spend most of his time in PL and I believe that your halves thare are a'ok.

if you sign Morris we've got no five-eight.

Utey

Coach
gotta feel for the drags, they do the hard yards and produce these brilliant forwards and they simply have to many.

After the deadline it'll be open slather.

eelz47

Coach
eelavation said:
he wants to play five-eight and he'd be an absolute gun outside Timmy also there was a rumour that Hages is looking at back up half as an insurance for Tim.

i guess at 6 would work, but i doubt he will leave sunny qld

eelz47 said:

...and did anyone watch the Sunday Roast yesterday.

Someone said $300K and they just laughed...more like $500K they reckoned but too me that is too step.

He'll stay a Bronc...what these blokes get paid goes further up here due to the price of living.

gregstar

Referee
YOU F*CKERS!!!!

why can't you raid our refuse just like old times.

kusto, pearson, treacy, stapelton, wagon, herron - lol, what snidger days!

Stagger eel

Staff member
eelz47 said:

it would if it meant earning big big money, the Broncs have already told him that he can't play five-eight and they can't give him a pay rise. he's a current test player who can play in just about every possy in the backline, he'll earn atleast 400K a season if he chooses to leave the Brisbane.

Stagger eel

Staff member
gregstar said:
YOU F*CKERS!!!!

because we no longer have Brian Smith :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gregstar said:
YOU F*CKERS!!!!

well you're welcome to Judas,

and you gave us Brain Smith

you owe us big time

gregstar

Referee
eelavation said:
and we took Riddell of them..:D
i didn't mind pig but he had more baggage than the orient express.

he is the only player in the history of league who has finished a season fatter than he started it. he clashed with brownie & could not sustain form for an entire match.

he was good for the fans but that's it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
gregstar said:
i didn't mind pig but he had more baggage than the orient express.

he is the only player in the history of league who has finished a season fatter than he started it. he clashed with brownie & could not sustain form for an entire match.

he was good for the fans but that's it.

he's probably good for other reasons too..

in saying that you could be getting Blake Green from us and he could be anything with a bit of special care.

V1er

Juniors
anyone of those players would be good signing, all 3 would be great, cant see it happening but you never know.

Latest posts