What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not-so-Poore Eels go Dragons hunting

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
he's probably good for other reasons too..

in saying that you could be getting Blake Green from us and he could be anything with a bit of special care.

It won't make any sense if Blake signs with Saints, Gasnier will be given first shot at 5/8th and Head just re-signed, he would be behind those 2, so basically he will be in the exact same situation, if not better at the Eels.

So i would think that if he leaves it won't be to saints, it will be to whoever tells him he will be in first grade next year.......which i am hoping since Lyon dogged us again, it will be with us :pray:

strider

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
It won't make any sense if Blake signs with Saints, Gasnier will be given first shot at 5/8th and Head just re-signed, he would be behind those 2, so basically he will be in the exact same situation, if not better at the Eels.

So i would think that if he leaves it won't be to saints, it will be to whoever tells him he will be in first grade next year.......which i am hoping since Lyon dogged us again, it will be with us :pray:
but when they finally realise gasnier is a terrible 5/8 then greenie could be in the prime position

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:

hope your right, but last I heard he'd been given an offer and had a long chat with Hages and it's up to him. I don't think the club are holding their breath.

strider

Post Whore
don't know what the coaching staff think of him playing 5/8 and with timmy etc etc ..... but IF johnny goes, as is being tipped, then maybe parra is the best place for greenie to get an opportunity???

Kornstar

Coach
eelavation said:
hope your right, but last I heard he'd been given an offer and had a long chat with Hages and it's up to him. I don't think the club are holding their breath.

I always have had the impression he wasn't totally happy at Parra. I was hoping with the change of coaching staff and other personnel it would be a good chance he would stay :(

If i were the club, i would be fighting pretty bloody hard to keep him!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
I always have had the impression he wasn't totally happy at Parra. I was hoping with the change of coaching staff and other personnel it would be a good chance he would stay :(

If i were the club, i would be fighting pretty bloody hard to keep him!!

I would of thought the same thing mate, but unfortunately player managers also have alot of influence for these young footballers, it would make sense for both him and John Williams to stay.

yy_cheng

Coach
IMO, as a young player, you sometimes feel that no one cares about you and that when an opportunity arises you think you've got a chance to play 1st grade, someone else gets chosen.

Then you see your ex-teammates who were in a similar situation, i.e. played a few 1st grade games and played well and then never get a look in again, head off to a different club and are now consistent 1st graders. e.g. Armit, Bubsy (played well in the game I watched him play), Tonga and probably others.

Then you would look elsewhere too.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Davester said:
What about that Marcus Perenara fella that the Parra fans had massive wraps on...??

the wraps came from Warriors fans prior to his signing with us, although he's been very solid last season with out being outstanding he's faile to live up to expectations, he's had a few injuries and weight problems but to be honest I don't see a future for him at the club, I last heard he could be going back home to NZ

Eelementary

Post Whore
parramatta_eels_123 said:
Not-so-Poore Eels go Dragon hunting

by Phil Sim

Parramatta is believed to be preparing to launch an assault on St George Illawarra’s forward pack, with an Eels source indicating to 1Eyed Eel that the club is very interested in making a big play for a couple of the Dragon’s young guns.

The Eels could have in the vicinity of $1.5 million to spend if the numbers of players tipped to leave do go elsewhere and Parramatta is likely to pop up a surprise bidder on a number of talents who might have been expected to go elsewhere.

Justin Poore looks most likely to end up in the Blue and Gold. The Eel’s are short in the front-row department, following the retirement of Paul Stringer and the likely departure of Aaron Cannings and maybe Adam Peek. Poore is an established NRL front rower who still has his best years ahead of him. The Eel’s main competition for Poore’s signature appears to be him re-signing with the Dragons.

The Eels are also likely to be in the running for Ashton Sims and Ben Creagh. Sims has been given permission to look elsewhere, however, is reported to be in the sites of the Roosters. However, Parramatta are as cashed up as anybody and he would add some much needed size to the Eels pack. His versatility in being able to play prop or second row is also an advantage.

Creagh is another target that is likely to go for big money and would represent an ideal replacement for the outgoing Glenn Morrison, however, Manly is reportedly prepared to throw big money at the Dragons second rower.

The source is adamant that Parramatta will snare at least one big signing from the Dragons.

Meanwhile, the Sunday Telegraph today named Mark Minichiello and Scott Hill. Other media reports have indicated that Hill will definitely be headed to the UK next year. Other off-contract players that may suit the Eels roster are Karmichael Hunt, Joe Williams, David Stagg, Travis Burns, Ben Reynolds, Nigel Plum, Roy Asotasi and Hutch Maiava. http://www.filthy_spammers.com/images/favicon.icoPlayers: Justin Poore, Ashton Sims, Ben Creagh

http://www.filthy_spammers.com/article.php?id=1526

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Latest posts