What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not-so-Poore Eels go Dragons hunting

eel4life

Juniors
YEah they signed new contracts to extend their stay at the dragons, POORE SIMS GOOOOANE, only player is Ben Creagh.

yy_cheng

Coach
Please fill in the people in the know:

Which Player to Retain and who to target for : Hagan after consulting talent scout, other people

How much should we offer to those players : ?

Someone then packages it and sends it to DF who presents it to the board : Board makes final decision

My guess

The Colonel

Immortal
scottyeel said:
Who hires the people to do the re-signings and contract negotiatons for us?

Again. What does Fitzy have to do with players re-signing at another club?

We could have tabled rather good offers for these two players. Unlikely we will ever know what was offered if in fact anything was offered. If a player doesn't want to come to the Eels what do you suggest the club or Fitzy do about it?

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:

We could have tabled rather good offers for these two players. Unlikely we will ever know what was offered if in fact anything was offered. If a player doesn't want to come to the Eels what do you suggest the club or Fitzy do about it?

on top of that, the 2 players in question still weren't allowed to negotiate so allthough we were able to bandy some figures at them [assuming off course] the finer details of any offer can't realy be discussed until Saturday.

Wobbygong

First Grade
eelevation, and of course no club would ever break that rule would they?

They don't talk to the player they talk to his manager.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:

I just cannot believe that Fitzy doesn't have at least some say in who we might be after, or at the very least, be kept in the loop, and offer an opinion once dollars are mentioned.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
I just cannot believe that Fitzy doesn't have at least some say in who we might be after, or at the very least, be kept in the loop, and offer an opinion once dollars are mentioned.

Suity

Still doesn't answer the question but anyway.

He'd be kept in the loop but what is he to do when really we can't offer the two players in Poore and Sims anything until midnight tomorrow night. They can throw all the money they want at the manager. It is still up to the player and if they are happy where they are.....

Bigfella

Coach
but in all honesty who would want to come here next yr anyway with the carry ons this yr

Breaking news: We have just signed Dean Richie, James Hooper, Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson.

They are now officially the only people interested in coming here.

Freak2

Juniors
Bigfella said:
Breaking news: We have just signed Dean Richie, James Hooper, Phil Rothfield and Rebecca Wilson.

They are now officially the only people interested in coming here.

All current players.

They don't count!;-)

Bigfella

Coach
There has been a recent trend of defending DF from criticism. Colonel and Ella in particular don't like uninformed or inaccurate criticism of his role.

However guys, I would like to point this out: DF is our self-appointed spokesman. He appears regularly in print and on radio. He has never refused credit or passed it elsewhere when we have signed people or had on-field success. He has often made statements which have given motivation to other clubs. He has recently been party to criticisms of BS with the iomplication that he is to blame for our current situation.

He is happy to be called "the Emperor" and delights in his perceived position as supremo of all things Parramatta.

In the circumstances I am happy to see some criticism of him. Nothing sticks to the bloke - he is a pure politician, and I don't trust politicians.

I am yet to see any of the current problems at our club addressed. I am concerned that all we have done is shuffle a few deckchairs so that people up the chain keep their positions intact...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
There has been a recent trend of defending DF from criticism. Colonel and Ella in particular don't like uninformed or inaccurate criticism of his role.

However guys, I would like to point this out: DF is our self-appointed spokesman. He appears regularly in print and on radio. He has never refused credit or passed it elsewhere when we have signed people or had on-field success. He has often made statements which have given motivation to other clubs. He has recently been party to criticisms of BS with the iomplication that he is to blame for our current situation.

He is happy to be called "the Emperor" and delights in his perceived position as supremo of all things Parramatta.

In the circumstances I am happy to see some criticism of him. Nothing sticks to the bloke - he is a pure politician, and I don't trust politicians.

I am yet to see any of the current problems at our club addressed. I am concerned that all we have done is shuffle a few deckchairs so that people up the chain keep their positions intact...

can I shock you????

I agree with you 150% he shouldn't be involved in the football club.

end of story.

Kornstar

Coach
Bigfella said:

I agree with all you have said about DF, except BS is to blame for our current problems on field. He prepared them the whole off-season and up until he left and he prepared them crap, just so he could get back at DF for doing what a majority of Parramatta supporters wanted, the only thing DF did wrong there was honour the contract of BS. JT should have been care taker coach from the time they announced BS wouldn't be here in 2007, it should have been that BS was let go straight away!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
I agree with all you have said about DF, except BS is to blame for our current problems on field. He prepared them the whole off-season and up until he left and he prepared them crap, just so he could get back at DF for doing what a majority of Parramatta supporters wanted, the only thing DF did wrong there was honour the contract of BS. JT should have been care taker coach from the time they announced BS wouldn't be here in 2007, it should have been that BS was let go straight away!

your're right..

the incredible thing about the situation we're in is that there appears plenty of people and reasons that has made the situation what it is, don't forget that some of our players who have been role models in past have to also put their hand up for the blame for the way that they've conducted themselves off the field.

The Colonel

Immortal
Bigfella said:

Neither of us would be unhappy to see the bloke not be involved with the football club. There are better ways of doing what we are doing that much is certain but yes inaccurate or illinformed criticism doesn't help the matter at all.

Latest posts