What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Bulldogs yet.....

Peter_phelps

Juniors
If this thread wins them the premiership (like a similar Roosters one did last year)....then I suggest a bigger punishment to Fat Krion then just a ban.

Fat Krion

Juniors
If this thread wins them the premiership (like a similar Roosters one did last year)....then I suggest a bigger punishment to Fat Krion then just a ban.

That's still a big if....

What punishment did bulldog Farce receive....?

That's right...being himself... Punishment enough!

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
I would love to see somebody knock Reynolds the f**k out.

I never really liked his antics before, but growing to like him now. That push on Tomkins when tomkins was minding his own buisness waiting at dummy half for the play the ball, and the tackle out of bounds on the guy about to run the ball back for a 20 metre. As long as he is not getting penalised then its all a bit of harmless niggle and a big help to the team. Also that flop against the warriors last game went a long way toward them winning, also have to mention that storm game last year when he tackled O'Niell off the ball and saved a try anyone else would have got 10 minutes in the bin.

He has a smartass swagger about him that lets him get away with things and get calls come his way. I compare it to Cam Smiths ability to draw the ref into an arguement at key times to give his side a breather or waste time.

Meth

Staff member
I never really liked his antics before, but growing to like him now. That push on Tomkins when tomkins was minding his own buisness waiting at dummy half for the play the ball, and the tackle out of bounds on the guy about to run the ball back for a 20 metre. As long as he is not getting penalised then its all a bit of harmless niggle and a big help to the team. Also that flop against the warriors last game went a long way toward them winning, also have to mention that storm game last year when he tackled O'Niell off the ball and saved a try anyone else would have got 10 minutes in the bin.

He has a smartass swagger about him that lets him get away with things and get calls come his way. I compare it to Cam Smiths ability to draw the ref into an arguement at key times to give his side a breather or waste time.

Oh, brilliant, no doubt. And with he and Ennis in the same team, it's infuriating.

Reynolds has actually been key to the Bulldogs beating us on both occasions this year. They won off the back of a Reynolds' milked penalty earlier.

So yeah?it's brilliant, and I'd probably love it if I was a Dogs fan. But yeah?easily one of my most hated players at the moment. Up there with Tamou, Papalii and James.

Muffdaddy

Juniors
The Dogs should have Hodkinson and Reynolds on Origin Duty, plus Morris.
Who knows, maybe even T-Rex.
That would be nice actually.
We'll keep Pearce and Maloney for our game against them this week.:D
I'd prefer 6 points during Origin over a NSW SOO win.
QLD will make it 9 anyway, so why waste our players on that campaign.

Abz

Juniors
:lol: that's probably the funniest thing I've read all year. Not in a bad way though, I love this post beyond words

Abz

Juniors
I would love to see somebody knock Reynolds the f**k out.
Why do you have to be so mean? A Warriors fan in the Bulldogs forum loved the game despite his teams loss, and congratulated the dogs on the result. That's good sportsmanship. Why don't you do the same?

Red Bear

Referee
Hodgkinson playing origin is worse than Pearce playing origin.

Their forward pack really is motoring, they'll be tough to stop if they maintain that. Wont be too affected by Origin either.

Don't rate their spine though, Reynolds is a competitor, Perrett and Hodgkinson dead average and Ennis nothing special either. If their pack has an off day they're vulnerable, just like 2012.

Abz

Juniors
Hodgkinson playing origin is worse than Pearce playing origin.

Their forward pack really is motoring, they'll be tough to stop if they maintain that. Wont be too affected by Origin either.

Don't rate their spine though, Reynolds is a competitor, Perrett and Hodgkinson dead average and Ennis nothing special either. If their pack has an off day they're vulnerable, just like 2012.
2012? They won the minor premiership. The GF was a different story - Melbourne Storm wanted it more after what happened to them in 2010 - they were hungry.

Red Bear

Referee
2012? They won the minor premiership. The GF was a different story - Melbourne Storm wanted it more after what happened to them in 2010 - they were hungry.
Storm contained their forward pack, halves were completely helpless. Can see the same thing happening in the bigger games this year.

(doesn't mean it will happen, just haven't seen much from Hodgkinson/Reynolds to indicate they're any different to what they've always been).

Packy

Bench
There are definitely better hookers than Ennis but without him we're no where near the position we are in. His decision making is excellent and so is his service. His biggest flaw is his execution, which when he has his kicking licence revoked isn't such a big issue.

Grubby is a f**kin legend. He may be like Ennis in so many ways, but he would take his punch if it was coming instead of hiding behind props.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Acknowledging the chance that I will look as geniused as BulldogForce, I will say I am not sold either.

I imagine it being a similar thing to 2012.

When it got to the GF, Storms spine really showed how weak Dogs' were. It was like children v men.

They're in the same position as Souths - except Dogs can actually win tight games.

Abz

Juniors
Storm contained their forward pack, halves were completely helpless. Can see the same thing happening in the bigger games this year.

(doesn't mean it will happen, just haven't seen much from Hodgkinson/Reynolds to indicate they're any different to what they've always been).
I don't know... personally I think the Bulldogs 2014 are better than 2012. I mean sure there's no Barba, they've lost that spark in attack, but IMO a fullback is meant to be a defender, and that's the difference now. The attack is weaker but the defense is stronger.

ek999

First Grade
Who needs an attacking fullback when you can use a 130kg plus front rower in second man plays instead

Meth

Staff member
Why do you have to be so mean? A Warriors fan in the Bulldogs forum loved the game despite his teams loss, and congratulated the dogs on the result. That's good sportsmanship. Why don't you do the same?

I did love the game and do congratulate the Dogs on the result. It was deserved.

But I would love to see someone knock Reynolds the f**k out

Meth

Staff member
There are definitely better hookers than Ennis but without him we're no where near the position we are in. His decision making is excellent and so is his service. His biggest flaw is his execution, which when he has his kicking licence revoked isn't such a big issue.

Grubby is a f**kin legend. He may be like Ennis in so many ways, but he would take his punch if it was coming instead of hiding behind props.

lol

One of the best moments in Rugby League

JJ

Immortal
Not really sure what the debate is tbh... hard to argue that they're not a top 4 team, and not the best team in the comp at the moment...

At the end of the day, in the playoffs the question is whether they can handle the class that the likes of Melbourne and Manly provide...

But that huge pack with skill is pretty hard to handle, and the halves are ok, and the outside backs very good... if a Pearce/Maloney halves combo can win a comp and play SOO, I see no reason Hodginkson and Reynolds cope