What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

H.H

Juniors
Whoever wins it will need to get past Melbourne and to do that, they'll need to be flawless in every aspect.

As a Rooster fan it's been a great season and I've loved almost every minute, but no way do I see us as favorites.

Melbourne as always are the team to beat.

Unless there is a serious injury to Smith or Cronk, I think the competition is the Storms to lose. They are the most composed of the top 4 teams. I think that ill discipline and excessive aggression will do away with the Roosters and Manly. Souths, to me, still don't quite have the backline required to win the comp.

Can't see anyone coming from outside those 4. Melbourne are definitely my tip at this stage.

Lucas-Con

Juniors
Half the penalities against roosters have been bullshit penalties and the refs targeting us because of the likes or jwh and Kennedy.

It's the only reason we lost to storm we are a lot more discplined and with the exception of Jennings, sheck and tupou the rest of the 17 have been in the grand final before I have no doubt we can win it so long as everybody stays healthy.

Edward

Juniors
I'm sold on the Roosters but I'm not sold on their fans. They are the ultimate fair weather fans and only turn up to support their team when they are travelling well.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Based on defence alone, Roosters are deserved favourites. If a team can find a way to run a few points past them, good on them..

Their highest scores against:

28 v Souths (L)
26 v Storm (L)
24 v Raiders (L)
24 v Eels (W)
18 v Bulldogs (W)

yobbo84

Coach
Based on defence alone, Roosters are deserved favourites. If a team can find a way to run a few points past them, good on them..

28 v Souths (L)
26 v Storm (L)
24 v Raiders (L)
24 v Eels (W)
18 v Bulldogs (W)

Roosters points conceded vs Top 8 teams: 112 in 8 games (14 per game).
Rabbitohs points conceded vs Top 8 teams: 97 in 8 games (12.1 per game).

Bulldog Force

Referee

28 v Souths (L)
26 v Storm (L)
24 v Raiders (L)

24 v Eels (W)
18 v Bulldogs (W)
That's the ones that are worrying. Even the game against the Eels was a fence game until they put some daylight between them.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
That's the ones that are worrying. Even the game against the Eels was a fence game until they put some daylight between them.

Those three losses were very early on in the season against the premiers, the prelim finalists and a team that is near impossible to toss at home.

They've improved a lot as a group since then.

They certainly aren't ummm...certainties, but they are logical faves.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Logical favs yes - but I disagree with your sentiments about the Eels... it came at a time when a day after 12 players were told their services were not required at the club beyond this season and also a game where their captain sat out in protest.

GONZO72

Juniors
...and the flaming begins!

1. I specifically said that this is NOT a hate thread
  2. I never mentioned Canterbury anywhere, neither did anyone else in this thread
  3. Blind Freddy (excuse the pun) can tell you the Bulldogs won't win the Premiership this year, and I haven't even tried to deny that
  4. We were destroyed by all top 4 teams.... does that include beating Manly in Golden point, and losing to Souths and Melbourne by fewer than 6 points, and beating Melbourne 2nd time round 39-0, and losing to the Roosters 2nd time round by 2?
  5. Most people here have either agreed with what I said or an aspect of it, and that includes Roosters fans

Please, u must be joking. Melbourne and Souths beat you in second gear. At no stage were the dogs a hope of winning in the second half. Manly smashed u once this year, and were robbed at Brooke ,minus Brett Stewart.
The roosters were missing their 4 best players and hammered you. Two late tries flattered Canterbury. When u beat the storm, it was the reserve grade side u fool

GONZO72

Juniors
I'm sold on the Roosters but I'm not sold on their fans. They are the ultimate fair weather fans and only turn up to support their team when they are travelling well.

Thoughtless comment. Against the sharks they drew 13,700. Souths v saints who have a legion of fans, drew 14,200. Souffs have fair weather fans. I feel sorry for them, having to support this rabble with no success forever

ek999

First Grade
Souths v Saints was on a Monday night when crowds are always significantly lower. Roosters v Sharks was a Saturday night so there is no excuse for a poor crowd

Bulldog Force

Referee
Please, u must be joking. Melbourne and Souths beat you in second gear. At no stage were the dogs a hope of winning in the second half. Manly smashed u once this year, and were robbed at Brooke ,minus Brett Stewart.
The roosters were missing their 4 best players and hammered you. Two late tries flattered Canterbury. When u beat the storm, it was the reserve grade side u fool
Why are we back to talking about the Bulldogs?? I told you all the Bulldogs won't win it this year...

rabbitohs95

Bench
Thoughtless comment. Against the sharks they drew 13,700. Souths v saints who have a legion of fans, drew 14,200. Souffs have fair weather fans. I feel sorry for them, having to support this rabble with no success forever

Reading your comments makes me physically ill, get yourself checked up. :roll:

Half the penalities against roosters have been bullshit penalties and the refs targeting us because of the likes or jwh and Kennedy.

It's the only reason we lost to storm we are a lot more discplined and with the exception of Jennings, sheck and tupou the rest of the 17 have been in the grand final before I have no doubt we can win it so long as everybody stays healthy.

I guess when I talk about discipline, penalties are only part of it.

Guys like JWH and LOD are good aggressive forwards but I think that they have a massive tendency to get over enthusiastic.

I can see JWH in particular, doing something stupid in a finals match and getting himself rubbed out for a few games.

Controlled aggression is great but I just don't think JWH and LOD know quite how to control it. With the way the game has softened up this year in particular, I can see this causing those two in particular, a few issues down the track.

Manly are another team who will struggle in this regard.

And you just know that the NRL will crack down even harder on shoulder charges and head contact come finals time.

I reckon Sam Burgess or Isaac Luke could potentially have the same issues for us. They will need to be very well behaved come finals time.

BranVan3000

Coach

So 13.7k to a top 8 Sydney clash on a Saturday night is a good thing?:?

BranVan3000

Coach
I guess when I talk about discipline, penalties are only part of it.

Guys like JWH and LOD are good aggressive forwards but I think that they have a massive tendency to get over enthusiastic.

I can see JWH in particular, doing something stupid in a finals match and getting himself rubbed out for a few games.

Controlled aggression is great but I just don't think JWH and LOD know quite how to control it. With the way the game has softened up this year in particular, I can see this causing those two in particular, a few issues down the track.

Manly are another team who will struggle in this regard.

And you just know that the NRL will crack down even harder on shoulder charges and head contact come finals time.

I reckon Sam Burgess or Isaac Luke could potentially have the same issues for us. They will need to be very well behaved come finals time.
They will be less penalised in the finals than they are now. Kind of like SOO, you can get away with a bit more than in regular season matches

Latest posts