What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

adamkungl

Immortal
Roosters points conceded vs Top 8 teams: 112 in 8 games (14 per game).
Rabbitohs points conceded vs Top 8 teams: 97 in 8 games (12.1 per game).

:lol: Better not look at points conceded v Bottom 8 teams then champ

So 13.7k to a top 8 Sydney clash on a Saturday night is a good thing?:?

In what universe were the reserve grade rabble the Sharks threw onto the field the other night a top 8 side?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Those three losses were very early on in the season against the premiers, the prelim finalists and a team that is near impossible to toss at home.

They've improved a lot as a group since then.

They certainly aren't ummm...certainties, but they are logical faves.

I did miss one - v Roosters, at home, where they lost 23-12.

That's the ones that are worrying. Even the game against the Eels was a fence game until they put some daylight between them.

You're an idiot. Two of those losses came in the first 5 rounds and the other two came without JWH in the team and others missing.

Against Parramatta (which we won anyway) we were coming off a bye and our players backing up from Origin.

Against Melbourne we were without JWH and Sam Moa and got hammered by appalling refereeing.

Against Souffs we were in to our 1st competitive game with a new coach, new signings, no LOD, Cordner and Arona coming off the bench against team that had a one season jump on us as a collective group.

Against Canberra the pricks completed 17 of 17 sets in the second half and we were royally caned in the penalty count.

Against merkinerbury we had 4 or 5 players missing and still bitch slapped them apart from two late tries that wouldn't happen with our full team out there.

Against the Warriors they scored second half tries off the back of us stuffing up our bombs. They never deserved to win but shit happens.

Go ahead, keep writing us off. Just like those morons that said we had to prove ourselves against the Cowboys :lol::lol:

edit.

I notice it is mostly Souffs and merkinerbury fans that don't want to give us credit. Says it all really.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You're an idiot. Two of those losses came in the first 5 rounds and the other two came without JWH in the team and others missing.

Against Parramatta (which we won anyway) we were coming off a bye and our players backing up from Origin.

Against Melbourne we were without JWH and Sam Moa and got hammered by appalling refereeing.

Against Souffs we were in to our 1st competitive game with a new coach, new signings, no LOD, Cordner and Arona coming off the bench against team that had a one season jump on us as a collective group.

Against Canberra the pricks completed 17 of 17 sets in the second half and we were royally caned in the penalty count.

Against merkinerbury we had 4 or 5 players missing and still bitch slapped them apart from two late tries that wouldn't happen with our full team out there.

Against the Warriors they scored second half tries off the back of us stuffing up our bombs. They never deserved to win but shit happens.

Go ahead, keep writing us off. Just like those morons that said we had to prove ourselves against the Cowboys :lol::lol:

edit.

I notice it is mostly Souffs and merkinerbury fans that don't want to give us credit. Says it all really.

While I don't rate the pissweak level of excuses you've managed to deliver, I do rate the Roosters and I get the feeling your mob will be there on Grand Final day.

Your opponents?

Either Melbourne or us.

yobbo84

Coach
:lol: Better not look at points conceded v Bottom 8 teams then champ

Yes because that will be so important come finals time. Souths have lifted for all the games that matter this year. The only team we couldn't get on top of is Melbourne and that's why they're still the team to beat.

Danish

Referee
Roosters points conceded vs Top 8 teams: 112 in 8 games (14 per game).
Rabbitohs points conceded vs Top 8 teams: 97 in 8 games (12.1 per game).

Take round 1 out of those calculations - when we were a shell of our current team - and it looks a little better with 84 points in 7 games @ 12 points on the button

Your defence against bottom 8 teams is surprisingly shithouse as well with 155 points conceded in 9 games @ 17.2 points per game (ours is 85 points @ 9.4 per game). Souths obviously aren't above mailing it in against weak opposition.

yobbo84

Coach
As I've said before, until Souths or the Roosters defeat Melbourne, then they can't claim favouritism.

RD 22 - Melbourne v Souths
RD 23 - Souths v Manly
RD 25 - Manly v Melbourne
RD 26 - Souths v Roosters

These are the games that will sort out where teams are really at, IMO.

firechild

First Grade

You must be related to Skeepe. Everything always comes down to the referees with you.

The Chooks deserve to be favourites but geez, face the fact that it's not the refs every time you don't win.

Danish

Referee
You must be related to Skeepe. Everything always comes down to the referees with you.

The Chooks deserve to be favourites but geez, face the fact that it's not the refs every time you don't win.

The storm knocked on twice in the lead up to their try right on half time, once by slater fielding our kick, again by Cronk when being tackled (ruled 6 again), and even then I think there was actually some conjecture over the try as Smith pushed Guerra out of the way to ground the ball with clear hands in the back.

Turned out to be the difference in the end.

Spot On

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if they were bundled out in straight sets this year. If the halves are required to produce a good kicking game, other than kicking high to a corner or putting up a high kick from 40m out, then they will struggle against the better sides in the semis. If repeat sets are needed then the halves don't have the runs on the board.I wouldn't be surprised to see a different approach to their end of sets in attacking positions starting this week.

Lose JWH and they are in deep shit.

GONZO72

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised if they were bundled out in straight sets this year. If the halves are required to produce a good kicking game, other than kicking high to a corner or putting up a high kick from 40m out, then they will struggle against the better sides in the semis. If repeat sets are needed then the halves don't have the runs on the board.I wouldn't be surprised to see a different approach to their end of sets in attacking positions starting this week.

Lose JWH and they are in deep shit.

Fool.

BranVan3000

Coach
Every team can talk about some bad decision made regarding the Storm, usually involving protected species Slater.

Evenflow

Bench
Every team can talk about some bad decision made regarding the Storm, usually involving protected species Slater.

Yep, because the only reason Storm beat other teams is because they get favorable refs decisions :lol:

You were also bitching and moaning about the refs after you lost to St Merge in the game forum so clearly you have the same reffing issues as Skeepe and Danish....

All that said the Roosters are favorites at this stage of the season and deservedly so. I'm sure we'll meet them in the finals at some stage and look forward to the challenge.

Latest posts