What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nothin like a Four And Twenty

Dogs_Eye

Juniors
On a cold day at the footy, where you must have a few nits in the network to be out at the game, its great to grab a four n twenty and chow down on it

tourtiere1.jpg

Must be consumed with with some dead horse.

If in asituation where it is raining and you have the umbrella up, you may well be as busy as a one armedbillposter in a gale, but its well worth the effort when your as full as a fat womans sock. But do not despair, the thunderbox is usually within distance.

Do not worry, thehumble meat pie is best consumed amongst friends. If your out at Campo oval, its quite acceptable to chow down with folk that look quite similar to this

65.jpg

Laugh at all those corporates who are sipping the chardonnay in the suites. They are as happy as a bastard on fathers day. Rejoice in the fact that you have the great australian food, your being as australian as a meat pie and your a dinky di digger.

This post is an ode to the dogs eye, and to those who would consume one. An ode to this

31.jpg

Gav-bt

Juniors
The pie looks good, although a Billy Clay's was always my fave. What's with the hair, I don't think I've seen anything like that in at least 15 years.

Dogs_Eye

Juniors
2 bloody right mate. Its the hair of a mullet man - a truly refined human specimen

Billy Clay? Struth, what the bugger is a billy clay?

Gav-bt

Juniors
Billy Clay? Struth, what the bugger is a billy clay?

The archetypal Calder Valley 'growler', that was a Billy Clay's.

Unfortunately, Billy Clay's is no longer with us (Loved their cream horns). Waites pies were their main rival, they have been taken over by some multi-tyke conglomorate, probably based in Cleckheaton.

lol, looks like a top feed. I would've killed for a meat pie the other day, but noww...ive just lost the urge. Foods a funny thing, one moment you want something the next moment its gone!

Ahh, the paragon. I do believe i have visited that spot. Looks like they have expanded out of lithgow as well, they now have a nightclub down at circular quay :p

Welcome to the boards btw dogs_eye. Im sure u will be a highly valued contributor ;)

Cheers,
Moffo

Latest posts