What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Cooper's out - this is going to be ugly

Anonymous

Juniors
Matt Cooper has been ruled out of the Broncos match.

Jersey numbers are changing as we speak with most of the backline with 20-something on their back.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
It's laughable really. There are now only 4 players from the full strength squad, with 2 of those playing out of their normal positions (Timmins and Hornby) and another 1 who can't hear what his team mates are saying.

If this side was going up against an attacking powerhouse like the Dogs, I'd say the 74-4 score would be under threat.

The best the Dragons/Eels (and to a lesser extent the Raiders/Roosters) can hope for is that the Broncos all bust a gut laughing.

The latest team announced is:

17 Fullback, Reece SIMMONDS
24 Wing, Hassen SALEH
23 Centre, John WILSHERE
20 Centre, Chris NERO
5 Wing, Ben CREAGH
1 Five-eighth, Ben HORNBY
7 Halfback, Mathew HEAD
8 Prop, Luke BAILEY
9 Hooker, Mark RIDDELL
10 Prop, Chris LEIKVOLL
11 Second row, Brent KITE
6 Second row, Shaun TIMMINS (C)
13 Lock, Dean YOUNG

14 Interchange Ashton SIMS
15 Interchange Craig STAPLETON
12 Interchange John CROSS
21 Interchange Robbie SIMPSON

Dragons, please prove me wrong, but I'm expecting the scoreline to read something like 42-10.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
El Duque said:
Maybe we should loan you some players. We'll just give them wigs :lol:

Maybe we should give them some of their players back, eg. Wagon, Heckenberg, Treacy, Meads (oops... he's injured too). And while we're at it, maybe the coach as well?

Heck, if we can swing it, maybe we can get some of our future ex-Dragons to play for them as well... Pearson, Kativerata, Fitzgerald (rumoured)

Hi ho... hi ho... it's off to 2004 we go...

Anonymous

Juniors
Losing Cooper is terrible news. He's been one of the best this year. Oh well... whats that now..?
Blacklock, Gasnier, Thompson, Donnelly, Ryles, Barrett, Firman, Cooper, Perenara, Roberts, Gorrell and Michael Howell. FMD... thats 12 players out!

Yes thanks El, can we borrow at least second rower, a prop and a few backs... but not that lair Matt Petersen thanks.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Willow said:
Yes thanks El, can we borrow at least second rower, a prop and a few backs... but not that lair Matt Petersen thanks.

If Sideshow Bob's a lair what was Mundine :shock:

Anonymous

Juniors
Not a bad side:

F/B: Roberts
Wing: Blacklock
Centre: Cooper
Centre: Gasnier
Wing: Howell
5/8: Barrett
1/2: Firman
Lock: TBA
2ndrow: Thompson
2ndrow: Pernara
Prop: Ryles
Hooker: Gorrell
Prop: Donnelly

Buzz Boy

Juniors
We're a bit like the Hindenburg this year, heaps of fanfare on launch and great expectations during the journey... but coming down in a flaming heap at the end.

Oh the humanity!!!

:(

Anonymous

Juniors
El Duque said:
Willow said:

If Sideshow Bob's a lair what was Mundine :shock:
Didnt say there was anything wrong with being a mug lair.... it's his defence that worries me. ;-)
Petersens great for the game and so is/was/will be Mundine. Glad to see that you've seen the light, El Dok. :lol:

Moffo

Referee
excuses excuses

your playing a side that has lost 6 on the trot

And Mundine had better not come back to boxing, he will cop a royal spray from the sidelines everytime he plays Canterbury :D

Cheers,
Moffo

Aussie_Knight

Juniors
Bad luck with the all the injuries as a fan of league i hope the dragons can come back bigger and stronger for 2004.

Cheers
Aussie_Knight

dimitri

First Grade
its becoming a bit laughable with all the injuries

but it will never be so laughable that we are down by 70 points and we will attempt field goals

:eek:

Anonymous

Juniors
Aussie_Knight said:
Bad luck with the all the injuries as a fan of league i hope the dragons can come back bigger and stronger for 2004.

Cheers
Aussie_Knight
Good stuff, Aussie Knight. Cheers.

SaintCait

Juniors
I was doing the calculations and worked out that there has been a player out of every position injured this year. The only player that hasnt been was Cooper at outside centre....my dad said to me today..hey if there that down on first graders theres a chance coops could get captain...with the far off wish i came running online to look at the line up on the dragons website only to find the newsflash heading :COOPER OUT INJURED!
:roll: fabulous! He has played every game this season for the dragons including pre season matches...only to get injured for the last game! :cry:

Anonymous

Juniors
Oh and btw, the referee this week is local Brissie boy, Tim Mander.
It just gets better and better....
...:roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
I dont where he was born but he lives in Brisbane and I think he played in one of the Brisbane comps... not that should be an issue. But I saw him refereeing a game at ANZ once and came away thinking that he shouldnt be allowed to referee a Broncos game ever again.
But thats just my perception and I hope he proves me wrong. Nevertheless, I'd interested to see the win/loss percentage for the Broncos under Mander.

Kaz

junior
Willow said:
Nevertheless, I'd interested to see the win/loss percentage for the Broncos under Mander

Mander is a QLD ref, but he seems to favour every other team, but my Broncos. :cry:

Hopefully this will change on Friday Night.

ForestDragon

Juniors
:? I wonder what odds the bookies are giving on a Dragons win,i feel in the mood for a crazy gamble!! :shock:

Latest posts