What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now For the TOUGHEST Run - Brisbane in Brisbane, Melbourne in Melbourne

taste2taste

Juniors
The McIntyre system is a farce.

Why should the best team for the last 26 weeks have to go on the road to play the teams that finished 6th and 4th.

There's not a finals system on the planet that gives home feild advantage to the teams that finished lower on the ladder.

lucablight

First Grade
The McIntyre system is a farce.

Why should the best team for the last 26 weeks have to go on the road to play the teams that finished 6th and 4th.

There's not a finals system on the planet that gives home feild advantage to the teams that finished lower on the ladder.

Because the teams that finished 6th and 4th won their matches and the team that finished 1st couldn't win their match against team 8 at their home ground. The system is designed to reward winners. If Team 6 or 4 had lost they may not have had a guaranteed second chance like you guys.

Goddo

Bench
In attack, we are way to flat and predictable. What happened to those long passes/chip kicks to Sailor? Ben Creagh off loads up the middle? We are stale. I think that is due to over coaching/ sticking to rigidly to the game plan. Our defence is good, but geez.

The only one mixing it up in the Eels game was Fien. He had a blinder. Against the Broncos, the defence will win it for us, narrowly. But against the Storm, we really need to find a spark in attack if we are any hope.

OT: Wendel Sailor scares the sh*t out of me. He is an asset running like a second rower, and protecting Soward, but he is also a liability, eg not challenging for the bomb first try to parra, drop balls, gets caught out of position occasionally. I have nightmares of a Jamie Ainscough scenario with him.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Nighty should play in Sailors spot and Sailor should be brought on later in the game. Sailor is great for the club but they cannot afford to keep someone on the field for emotional reasons. It is sad knowing we have a quality player like Nighty on the bench not getting a run because of an old fella who is used as a marketing tool.

Fien was great and I am a huge fan of Young but surely Fein should get the jump ahead of Young for the No.9. Maybe fit Young into the backrow.

I knew we had it lost after the 1st 20 mins. I have read so many posts this season about the Dragons losing games because of defence and the forwards and the same people are never critical of the attack. Well when they are in the opposition 20 they don't seem to have any idea and that has been the case all season. That should be of no fault to the forwards or defence.

Dragon_Slayer

Juniors
I am a little confused...according to Leaguehq.com....if we beat the Broncos on Saturday we will play the dogs.....

"Parramatta, who have been installed as $3.50 second favourites after their 25-12 win at Kogarah, will host the Titans in the other semi-final at the SFS on Friday night, with the winner to play Melbourne at Etihad Stadium the following weekend.

The winner of Saturday night's Broncos-Dragons clash at Suncorp Stadium is drawn to meet the Bulldogs - meaning the top two teams can not clash in the grand final."

Which means that the Eels should they win would play Melbourne..

Can anyone else confirm this or have they got in wrong!!

tevoro

First Grade
Nighty should play in Sailors spot and Sailor should be brought on later in the game. Sailor is great for the club but they cannot afford to keep someone on the field for emotional reasons. It is sad knowing we have a quality player like Nighty on the bench not getting a run because of an old fella who is used as a marketing tool.

Im also a massive Wendell fan but Flo really needs to start the game.
In the first 20 mins, when we only got 2 points for all that repeated sets of 6, I knew it would be a tough road from there, not to mention the boys were standing in a really flat attacking line. There were no runners at all. We need to change that this weekend.
We also need to get someone to cover Jamie cos I can see Henjak putting Dave Taylor right in front of Soward in attack.

Massive game this weekend for us. I personally cant wait for it. We've got enough people death riding our team without our own FANS turning against us.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
When the Dragons win these next 2 games it will send them into the grand final way more mentally tougher than who ever they will play in the big one.

flamin

Juniors
IMO before this round I thought we'd meet Brisbane or Melbourne in the GF.

The massive risk is the mental and physical toll of a tough game against Brisbane and then having to play a refreshed and injury-free Melbourne.

And then of course even if we do beat Melbourne we will have to play either the Dogs, Parra or Titans who wont have had nearly as tough a run.

_Johnsy

Referee
IMO before this round I thought we'd meet Brisbane or Melbourne in the GF.

The massive risk is the mental and physical toll of a tough game against Brisbane and then having to play a refreshed and injury-free Melbourne.

We have one option, dust ourselves off, fire up and get ready for an elimination final, leave absolutely nothing on the field.

Repeat again if we win this week, and repeat again if win in week 3 of finals. If we cannot get mentaly right, there is something wrong, seriously wrong.

Latest posts