What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2004 season draw

Anonymous

Juniors
Season 2004 Announced
Written by: League Unlimited Team
3/12/03

Defending premiers Penrith will open the 2004 National Rugby League season with a night time home clash with Newcastle at Penrith Football Stadium.

The NRL released its season draw today, with the Panthers and the Knights kicking off the season on Friday March 12. There are no major changes to the structure with each team playing 12 home games, 12 away games and receiving two byes.

But the NRL is considering a change to the four-week finals format.

Under review is the current McIntyre system while the league, in discussion with clubs, is also considering implementing the system employed by the AFL or a brand new format which is the brainchild of prominent rugby league expert Warren Ryan.

To check out the full draw: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/sportinfo/nrlmain.asp

roopy

Referee
Newcastle have a shocking start to the season because they have asked to play away games till the new grandstand is completed, but the good news is they have a great run home - if they can still be in the hunt by then that is.

~bedsy~

First Grade
I'm glad to see we have a bye after all 3 origins... that will give our boys abit of rest.
The GF is 2 days after my bday....hhmmmm this could be a nice pressie :lol:

Nuffs

Bench
c'mon bedsy! are you going blind with old age?

the knights have the bye before origin 1 and after origin 3. that's it.

we get to play you nobodys in the week before origin 3 which means no rep players for you

~bedsy~

First Grade
Nuffs said:
c'mon bedsy! are you going blind with old age?

the knights have the bye before origin 1 and after origin 3. that's it.

we get to play you nobodys in the week before origin 3 which means no rep players for you
Yes thankyou for that I did read the whole thing... but I don't care, their big boys I'm sure they will play the best they can. We got a lucky draw with that last yr... now it's other teams go.

hughesyno1fan

Juniors
Now the draw to me is ok, i mean i was a litlle ticked off with the fact my little brother is a huge knights fan and unlike me, lives with my mum in campbelltown and the knights dont play down there unfortunatly because the tigers both playat lichart ( or however it is spelt) and campbelltown, and so he wont be able to see a knights game all season. The bye's fall on great times however like Bedsy suggested these boys are big boys and will get over it.

tigermite

Juniors
roopy said:
Newcastle have a shocking start to the season because they have asked to play away games till the new grandstand is completed, but the good news is they have a great run home - if they can still be in the hunt by then that is.
The whole grandstand won't be completed til after next season. The concourse section of the stand is what will be completed before your first home game.

Poida_Raider

Bench
ParraEelsNRL said:
gotta love the eels 1st match :D

find out early in the season if parra are anything.
i'm sure we'll find out the frauds that that are the parramatta eels, and the bookies might put them back down where they belong.. although they do have very good players, maybe they whould concentrate on being good in the premiership, instead of putting most of their good rugby league into the 7's..
and anyway the raiders draw looks ok too!

The Whippet

Juniors
I think that the Cowboys have a good start and finish to the season. Plus we play Penrith, Sydney and Newcastle without their SOO players.

Hoggy

Bench
We'll be on 6 after 3 rounds like last year.

Newcastle and the Saints will have nothing on us at home.

hughesyno1fan said:
Now the draw to me is ok, i mean i was a litlle ticked off with the fact my little brother is a huge knights fan and unlike me, lives with my mum in campbelltown and the knights dont play down there unfortunatly because the tigers both playat lichart ( or however it is spelt) and campbelltown, and so he wont be able to see a knights game all season. The bye's fall on great times however like Bedsy suggested these boys are big boys and will get over it.

That's crap the WT vs NEWC matches are always great down here!

MadDogMason

Juniors
I personaly like our draw. I lov that we have a bye early cause they really wreked our run later on in the season

Hoggy

Bench
DRRRAGONS said:
Hoggy said:
We'll be on 6 after 3 rounds like last year.

Newcastle and the Saints will have nothing on us at home.

:roll: Whatever - look forward to kicking your arse

Saints last beat Melbourne in Melbourne in 1999.

Saints last beat Melbourne AWAY in 2000.

Good form you have against us isn't it. :lol:

Latest posts