What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

hindy111

Post Whore
Payton has a cheeky dig at the refs there. Lol

It's lame. They had 55% of ball at the time, playing at home and up 20-12. You can't go back to a bad call in the 6th minute and claim this was what cost you.
We copped some poor calls also. All bad call change the flow of the game. It's only twits who only feel bad calls that directly leads to a try change a game.

I recall a final against the Storm when LUKE BURT had the ball stripped and it should of been a penalty. It was not called. By memory we where up by 8 and it would of put us on the attack with less then 20 to go.
The Storm got themself back in the game with that play. Controlled the ball and won the game. If right call was made we may of scored. We may of forced a line drop out. The whole thing changes

IFR33K

Coach
I like Nico ... but is he really run away dally m winner? He won by the length of the staright ... suppose it means he is good but the sharks standout too, no one else 8n the team stole his votes

They said he polled the highest number of votes ever. I honestly never watched the sharks close enough to have an opinion

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's lame. They had 55% of ball at the time, playing at home and up 20-12. You can't go back to a bad call in the 6th minute and claim this was what cost you.
We copped some poor calls also. All bad call change the flow of the game. It's only twits who only feel bad calls that directly leads to a try change a game.

I recall a final against the Storm when LUKE BURT had the ball stripped and it should of been a penalty. It was not called. By memory we where up by 8 and it would of put us on the attack with less then 20 to go.
The Storm got themself back in the game with that play. Controlled the ball and won the game. If right call was made we may of scored. We may of forced a line drop out. The whole thing changes
99 semi, Storm also scored off a forward pass.

Gronk

Staff member
Do they publish all votes for all rounds ? It would be interesting to see who got what. Logically, a team who are very good across the squad will poll more evenly (which amounts to no standout candidate) than a team who has one or two dominant players.

Anyway, f**k you Dally M system.

Edit: I should also raise my annual “I call BS” on Dally Messenger being a hero GOAT, which was totally coincidental with the News Ltd Daily Mirror afternoon newspaper who started these Dally M awards.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think Hynes is a terrific player, but most votes ever?

That's ridiculous.

Ben Barba, and Jarryd Hayne, both had way better individual seasons.

Anyway - I'm sure our boys in blue and gold won't give a shit about the Dally M awards if we can beat Penrith on Sunday.

IFR33K

Coach
Do they publish all votes for all rounds ? It would be interesting to see who got what. Logically, a team who are very good across the squad will poll more evenly (which amounts to no standout candidate) than a team who has one or two dominant players.

Anyway, f**k you Dally M system.

Edit: I should also raise my annual “I call BS” on Dally Messenger being a hero GOAT, which was totally coincidental with the News Ltd Daily Mirror afternoon newspaper who started these Dally M awards.

if the dally m points system isn’t the most flawed points system, then I have no idea.

IFR33K

Coach
I think Hynes is a terrific player, but most votes ever?

That's ridiculous.

Ben Barba, and Jarryd Hayne, both had way better individual seasons.

Anyway - I'm sure our boys in blue and gold won't give a shit about the Dally M awards if we can beat Penrith on Sunday.

well Ben hunt was the clear favourite, wasn’t he?

yet Hynes won it in record fashion.

If his performances were so dominant why wasn’t he the favourite to win it.

Gronk

Staff member
if the dally m points system isn’t the most flawed points system, then I have no idea.
Clearly the only fair way is to award points across the 1 to 17/18 with 5 * stars down to 1 *stars or something. That way the most consistent player over the 26 weeks will get the gong. Remember the RLW player ratings ?

Also, the "team of the year" is just journo favourites. Case in point Joseph Suaalii who did not score the most tries, run the most metres, make the most tackle breaks or do the best anything but was voted winger of the year. His team mate Toupou was a stand out better selection based on his weekly stats and contribution to his team.

Incorrect

Coach
its hard in teams with depth to get votes but easier to get votes in teams with not too many stand out players
And of course it's purely subjective. My impression is that in a game where the Sharks might have lost closely for instance, the judge almost feels obligated to throw a point at a Sharks player (maybe even 2) and a Moylan or Hynes are likely recipients even if say Jesse Ramien or Royce Hunt might have been just as good as Hynes in a losing team. There's an unconscious bias I reckon to just throw a point at a spine/high profile player...

Gronk

Staff member
There's an unconscious bias I reckon to just throw a point at a spine/high profile player...
A dominant forward pack often leads to the pundits saying that halfback put on a "masterclass". Often it's chicken vs egg scenario because even a really good halfback will be shit behind a soft pack.

Thurston struggling many years with the Cows is evidence of that. He played for the Cows between 05 and 18 and finished bottom half of the table 8 times. The undisputed GOAT only managed 1 comp and 3 GF appearances over his 14 years.

King-Gutho94

Coach
A dominant forward pack often leads to the pundits saying that halfback put on a "masterclass". Often it's chicken vs egg scenario because even a really good halfback will be shit behind a soft pack.

Thurston struggling many years with the Cows is evidence of that. He played for the Cows between 05 and 18 and finished bottom half of the table 8 times. The undisputed GOAT only managed 1 comp and 3 GF appearances over his 14 years.
2 GF Appearances for JT at the Cowboys.

Or are you including 2017 as Michael Morgan guided them to that GF that season.