What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 360 + other footy shows

Parra Pride

Referee
Does anyone think we are winning a comp anytime soon with the current setup?
Bring uncle Wayne in and what’s our chance now ?

thoughts / comments ?
We have the second best halfback in the comp and our five eight is up there too. Although we still miss the likes of Niukore and Papalii our pack is decent enough to give them room to move. We desperately need to replace Lussick, and get at least one decent strike outside back (hopefully Lomax). Russel is fine on one wing, he's never going to set the world on fire but he will do his job. I'm not against having Simmonson be the other wing, though if we could offload Sivo and get a decent signing there would definitely be ideal. BA has gotten the side to a good point, I'll give him credit for that but I think he's proven he just isn't the one to break that mental hurdle and push us one game further at this point. So yeah, while it's obviously no guarantee ever I do think there is enough there for Bennet to work with. If someone like him can't get this side to at least play like they want it though I'd say this team is beyond hope and it just needs to be blown up.

Soto

Bench
Does anyone think we are winning a comp anytime soon with the current setup?
Bring uncle Wayne in and what’s our chance now ?

thoughts / comments ?
Get Bennett, Lomax, Turuva and a hooker and we would give it a massive shake.
I reckon Hands did a great job on his own before Lussick arrived. Lussick looks tired already.
I don't mind Jake Simpkin from Tigers. Stuck behind Api. He may be worth looking at. Also has a running game

TheParraboy

Staff member
Meninga to coach Souths for this year ???, JD possibly sacked after rd 6

Manlys Shuster copping it, reserve grader on 800k

JokerEel

Coach
What I find even funnier Schuster's new contract hasn't even started so who ever gets him for the next 3 years it will be subsidized by Manly...

yy_cheng

Coach
Souths going after Meninga gives us a bigger chance to land Bennett in my opinion.
what happens if go for a Sheen/Bennett coaching arrangement when Meninga was at the Greens.

So Meninga/Bennett - Mal to look after the lads, Bennett the footy side

Schuster's only 22 and played junior league for Mount Pritchard Mounties - does that make him an Eels junior?

Come home Josh - the NRL will still charge the Eels $800K a year on the cap, and you'll be a match with Lomax if he also comes across next season or earlier.

Wow, X-factors galore - things are looking up...

Delboy

First Grade
Schuster's only 22 and played junior league for Mount Pritchard Mounties - does that make him an Eels junior?

Come home Josh - the NRL will still charge the Eels $800K a year on the cap, and you'll be a match with Lomax if he also comes across next season or earlier.

Wow, X-factors galore - things are looking up...
Schuster is an Eels junior ,played at Mounties through to U14s, got graded into the development squad with an opportunity to play Matt’s. Manly then made him an offer too good to refuse and he joined the players bussed to Manly twice a week for training and Saturdays to play reps.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I guess we will find out in the next month or so if all the excuses about us not going after Bennett because he wont back to Sydney will be true or not

I will genuinely ropeable if he goes back to Souths.

He is sitting there waiting to be poached by someone and we sit on our arses doing nothing.
Stability!!

Gherkin

Juniors
Schuster is an Eels junior ,played at Mounties through to U14s, got graded into the development squad with an opportunity to play Matt’s. Manly then made him an offer too good to refuse and he joined the players bussed to Manly twice a week for training and Saturdays to play reps.
One of many players to come through Manly's feeder school Westfields